Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Week 3: Lost 3.8 pounds, down 12.6 total.

I hit my exercise goal and generally did OK with my eating. I feel like I'm in a good groove right now. Mrs. BEvans is going on a weekend trip which is an issue for me. I generally eat bad and get lazy when she's gone, so I'm going to watch out for that this weekend.

Exercise goal is 5 times on the treadmill X 30.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

I gained 0.8 pounds last week. I ran 3 times, minimum of 3 miles each time (slow, but I lapped everybody on the couch) and began a 16:8 intermittent diet.

I'll try to eat a little healthier this week and continue exercise and the 16:8 diet, but if I don't lose weight in another week I will know the 16:8 isn't for me. I have a theory that different bodies, metabolisms, etc. handle things differently, and what works for some or most won't work for all. Not saying 16:8 won't work for me, and I'm going to give it a couple of weeks, but not happy with results so far.

Week 4: Stayed even. (It was a lost weekend, like I expected.) Down 12.6 total.

Hit my exercise goal and feeling stronger. Goals this week are to exercise 5 times on the treadmill X 35 and get back on track with my eating.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I gained some more weight this week. I didn't weigh officially, but I have and unreliable scale in my bathroom that I use just for general purposes and I can tell from it that I gained some more weight.

I am starting again this morning going back on my program of logging everything I eat. Intermittent fasting didn't work for me, so I will see if this does any better. Two boiled eggs for breakfast this morning.

^I haven't tried intermittent fasting but from what I've read your situation isn't unusual. If I ever get to my goal weight I'm thinking I might use it as a maintenance program.

I’m slowly getting back in to shape 1.6 mi in :20 minutes. Five days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Week 5: Lost 4.6 pounds. (I think a lot of it was water weight from my lost weekend the previous week.) Down 17.2 total.

Doing well with my treadmill time--going 5 X 35 again this week. Also try to make good choices on Valentine's Day, when Mrs. BEvans and I will be going out.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Week 5: Lost 4.6 pounds. (I think a lot of it was water weight from my lost weekend the previous week.) Down 17.2 total.

Doing well with my treadmill time--going 5 X 35 again this week. Also try to make good choices on Valentine's Day, when Mrs. BEvans and I will be going out.
    Great job!! Everyone’s updates help keep me motivated.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Week 6: Gained 0.4 pounds. (A lost, 3-day weekend combined with Valentine's Day. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) Down 16.8 total.

Hit my activity goal for the week and going to 40 minutes X 5 on the treadmill.

Dropped 0.8 lb from January 25 to February 18. I think I gained some and then lost more, as I've been pretty good on diet the last 10 days or so, but not before then. Think "bad," to "acceptable."

Exercise just hasn't happened.

Up to 222.6 today. Ran a short distance yesterday, two days before that. Will try to integrate better eating next.

With hopefully more good weather ahead, one of the stress relievers is getting outside and I hope to be doing more of that.

I went the wrong way too over the last couple months. I have plateaued at 215 . I got the flu A, a couple of weeks ago so I stopped exercising. I’ve got my strength back and plan on starting back this weekend/Sunday... next stop 210...

I would like to see 200 by the end of August. I doubt I will, but that's a small goal.

From 216.0 to 220. in a week.
    Last Doctors appointment that was possible due to the fact they could not contact me; even though they have all of my numbers right.
    Not being as active as I would like to be is a part of it...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    From 216.0 to 220. in a week.
    Last Doctors appointment that was possible due to the fact they could not contact me; even though they have all of my numbers right.
    Not being as active as I would like to be is a part of it...
    A couple of weeks ago I weighed in at 226.0. Started to get my attention. Not going to my office (well, I am, but rarely), not going to school to teach, and having easy access to bad stuff to eat all day while I work is taking its toll. I have found that unless I do something, I'll end up with less than 1,000 steps during the day. Not far from where I work to the kitchen and bathroom lol.

This week I "ran" 4 times, 3 of 3+ miles, one of 2. I'm striving to meet 7,500 steps per day, but it is impossible unless I "run." Also trying to eat a little better. Doesn't help when my son makes Cici's clone blueberry dessert and cherry dessert pizzas, though.

Anyway, weighed 225.0 this morning, so slight progress. Weather is getting beautiful for running outside (I like hot weather), so my excuses are becoming minimal.

Off for a very light run. Was going to take today off, but I know I will not be running tomorrow, so I did not want to miss two days in a row.

One thing I am having difficulty with is finding a good place to run. I know this is going to sound dumb, but there are too many people right now in the two popular parks. And the mix is between people very slowly enjoying a casual walk, often two or three people side by side, and a few real runners. Leaves me somewhere in between.

I have a secret park that not very many people know about, but I have to drive about 15 minutes to get to it. It also has three big hills in the 0.62 mile track, and I don't run hills, I just walk them.

2.33. I'll take it.

I never got back to exercising after having the flu back in early March. The virus thing happened and I got worried about stressing out my breathing rate to get back in shape. I’m still hanging between 215-218, but it’s all diet no exercise... and by diet I mean just trying to eat smaller portions. Yard work is helping some too.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I never got back to exercising after having the flu back in early March. The virus thing happened and I got worried about stressing out my breathing rate to get back in shape. I’m still hanging between 215-218, but it’s all diet no exercise... and by diet I mean just trying to eat smaller portions. Yard work is helping some too.

Smart man to watch your diet. You can pick up the exercise, and if you have been ok on your diet, you will be fine. I haven't been.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Off for a very light run. Was going to take today off, but I know I will not be running tomorrow, so I did not want to miss two days in a row.

One thing I am having difficulty with is finding a good place to run. I know this is going to sound dumb, but there are too many people right now in the two popular parks. And the mix is between people very slowly enjoying a casual walk, often two or three people side by side, and a few real runners. Leaves me somewhere in between.

I have a secret park that not very many people know about, but I have to drive about 15 minutes to get to it. It also has three big hills in the 0.62 mile track, and I don't run hills, I just walk them.
    I have been going to the new pathway along the Cahaba. It is on Old Montgomery Hwy. you enter through Riverchase Elementary parking lot. It is a couple of steps shy of a half mile. Except for the bridges across the wetlands it is just about flat. A bonus is it is about half shaded and as you exit the woods in one place there is most always a breeze. As you know they are important factors in Deep South running. There are two spots where you can take a break and walk to the riverbank. And the bridges afford you an opportunity to watch the ducks or our resident blue heron.

I have done 5 miles there all but three days since March 21. It is not crowded. Usually, less than 10 to 12 people. I believe I have lost a half pound in that period.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I have been going to the new pathway along the Cahaba. It is on Old Montgomery Hwy. you enter through Riverchase Elementary parking lot. It is a couple of steps shy of a half mile. Except for the bridges across the wetlands it is just about flat. A bonus is it is about half shaded and as you exit the woods in one place there is most always a breeze. As you know they are important factors in Deep South running. There are two spots where you can take a break and walk to the riverbank. And the bridges afford you an opportunity to watch the ducks or our resident blue heron.

I have done 5 miles there all but three days since March 21. It is not crowded. Usually, less than 10 to 12 people. I believe I have lost a half pound in that period.
    Thanks, Mick. I may try that. I timed it yesterday and it was 20 minutes, 10.1 miles to Chelsea Park, so I'm actually a little closer to Riverchase Elementary.

Veteran's Park is great, but super crowded right now, and my son tells me Heardmont is too.

Fab Five

I would avoid the 4-5 pm time frame anywhere.
    Real Fan since 1958

Neighborhood today. Was planning on going at lunchtime, and before I knew it, it was 4:30. Ugh. So quick 2.3 mile run around my neighborhood, dodging cars. Well, not quick. Quick for me.

2.53 today. Waited til 5:30, and didn't feel too comfortable around my neighborhood. Went the back streets as much as possible; ran in the rain, which was nice. Need to extend back over 3+ which "used" to be my minimum.

223.2 this morning.

4.05 this afternoon. Slow, but pleased.

Diet-wise, I fell off the wagon Valentine's weekend and it's gotten worse working from home. But the quarantine is good for my exercise level, especially since the weather has improved.

Fab Five

Keep at it Brian!
    Real Fan since 1958

Thanks Mick. One of the unintended blessings of being as banged up as I was is I have a new sense of gratitude for being able to do things as basic as take a walk or work in the yard.

Fab Five

I am walking/jogging 35 to 40 miles a week since the lockdown started. I try to alternate the two about every half mile. My weight loss is 1 1/2 lbs. over the last 7 weeks. I need to lose 8 more to get into target range for height and body type. I am beginning to believe I won’t get there. I’m not sure I can do more than I am. Calorie intake averages about 2100-2300 which means i am burning more than I am consuming. I guess I should be happy with where I am.
    Real Fan since 1958