Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Official weigh in day, I’m in my teens, again, 219.6

Machine broke, again, I’ll get it welded tomorrow and hope to back in business tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Haven't weighed, but I have definitely gone the wrong way. Well, I have weighed, I guess, at 228.5 at the doctor's office, but that's a little apples and oranges. Weighing in the afternoon, fully clothed with shoes on, etc. Still, I'm well over 220, probably 224 ish in the morning.

Have been to the allergist, and my internist, and have my referral to the podiatrist. I have used this as an excuse to eat what I want and no exercise until getting fully checked out. About another week of this.

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

I'm going to follow doctor's orders, but the nurse I spoke with yesterday after my surgery gave me a sheet that said no running for 4 weeks, no lifting weights for 4 weeks, etc.

I'll talk to him Thursday about it, because I'd like to go ahead and start/resume. I'm thinking that's for like "real" runners, marathon guys, that kind of thing--not me, who plods along slowly and walks to catch his breath. Foot doctor Thursday morning, eye doctor Thursday afternoon, and hopefully I can start back soon.

Weigh in day. Good news I didn’t gain any weight, bad news I didn’t lose any either. Still hanging at 219.6.

I’m up to 2.5 mi fives days/wk in :30 min. Moving up a half mile/day by week’s end.

Thing killing me over the last week is business travel along with daily lunches. Never going to make 210 by May 1.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Foot doctor, 9am tomorrow, eye doctor 12:50.

Hoping I can begin exercising again next week.

In fairness, there is no reason at all I should be eating like crap, but I have used my non-exercise as an excuse to eat poorly. I need to be kickstarted back into action.

Foot doctor checkup fine. Gave me some inserts to go in my running shoes that he wears when he runs and plays basketball, so I'm good. Even wears the same brand running shoes I wear, and said I did not need to go to a running store and buy expensive running shoes (unless I just wanted them).

Eye doctor checkup next, and that will tell me when I can start again.

Great news. Eye pressure 13. I have NEVER in my entire life seen a number that low. NEVER.

He cautioned me that it was not reliable yet, and it could be inconsistent for next couple of weeks but it was certainly good news.

He said absolutely no running for the next two weeks, and I have another appointment two weeks from today. Hopefully he will tell me I can start running again then but it may be another couple weeks after that. I can wait. My eyesight is too important.

223.8 was better than I expected this morning. I'm probably at least 3 weeks from exercising but I'm hoping I can convince myself to do boring walks, which will likely help me from eating poorly. If I'd just eat right without exercising I'd be fine but I don't, and I know me.

Stuck between 219 and 220.

Finally a little movement, albeit small, but I’ll take it. 218.4

I guess bumping up to :40/ 5 days a week has helped.

Well, my little tiny bit of good news today is that the doctor released me for full activity today. So I can go back running if I want. My schedule sucks from now until mid-june, however. I have my daughter's graduation, and then I'm going to move her to her new job 2000 miles away round trip, which will mean I will take a week's vacation to do so. Then at the end of this month my in-laws are celebrating their 90th birthday oh, and all the siblings in their spouses are taking them the dinner and spend a couple of days with them. We have all been vaccinated and I know my wife is craving hugging her parents after all this time. Anyway, I'm going to try starting tomorrow to find some time every day but I'm not starting my daily 40 minute run every day for at least a hundred straight days yet. I will start that in June.

Fab Five

I have now started back riding my bike. I have a semi-regular riding partner. We are doing about 7 to 10 miles 3 or 4 times a week. I am burning about 700 to 1000 calories each ride. I hope to increase the calorie burn by increasing the number of climbs on the route. Goal is to burn 1200 cals with each ride. Hopefully if I can do that over the summer I can put a dent in the weight and and improve the blood sugar levels. I sure need to.
    Real Fan since 1958

Two weeks in FL and no exercise didn’t do me any good. I went backwards but not as much as I anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I'm not starting my daily 40 minute run every day for at least a hundred straight days yet. I will start that in June.
    Well, no I won't. I'm going to be limited for four weeks after another eye surgery June 14, so I hope to start in July.

Good for you guys (Mick, Blueboss) that are keeping the thread going with healthy activity and exercise. Please keep inspiring me.

Guys, you're so motivating! Can't wait to get back to my training programs. All gyms were closed in my area because of covid, and exercising at home is not for me. On the contrary, I was eating a lot and just have no idea how to get back on track after 4 months of binge eating. I started a course of Leanbean, which is considered the best fat burner for women, and I can notice a considerable change. Anyways, I hope to get in shape as soon as possible. What other products have you used for appetite suppression?
    Last edited by Mannzie; 06-24-2021 at 12:48 PM.

My total lethargy is starting to wear on me, (literally) so here we go… 7/1/21 back on the torture machine starting out 5 minute intervals for a few days than doubling it to 10 minutes for a few days and so on, and so forth.

I’ve managed to creep up from 217/218 on 5/5/21, to 224/225 6/30/21. Same routine, get in cardio shape, then add some kind of diet that doesn’t include Blue Bell, and Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream.

I had surgery six days ago and I am restricted right now, and will not be able to exercise this summer until at least early Fall. I can walk, but that's not my favorite thing.

Tough sled’n over here at the house of boss!

2.58 mi in :30 min…I’m lucky to still be alive…. Working on 3 mi.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Tough sled’n over here at the house of boss!

2.58 mi in :30 min…I’m lucky to still be alive…. Working on 3 mi.

That is pretty good work!

My focus has been almost exclusively on bike riding this summer. I have been getting in 3 or 4 rides a week. So far all are in the 7 to 12 mile range, 45 minutes up to an hour and a quarter. Wed. Night I got in 9 1/2 miles and burned 220 calories. Goal is to get 30 miles a week or 120/month.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    That is pretty good work!

My focus has been almost exclusively on bike riding this summer. I have been getting in 3 or 4 rides a week. So far all are in the 7 to 12 mile range, 45 minutes up to an hour and a quarter. Wed. Night I got in 9 1/2 miles and burned 220 calories. Goal is to get 30 miles a week or 120/month.
    FitBit tells me 2.64 today at :32 minutes burning 518 calories…. a little faster pace today.

Not sure how accurate it is, but it’s a base line to build from.

Com’on 3 miles

Keep on pedaling Mick, at least you’re going somewhere. I started out 4 feet from my television :32 minutes later I’m still 4 feet from my television.

2.78 mi. :32 min inch by inch to 3 miles.

Fab Five

2.78 mi. :32 min inch by inch to 3 miles.

You'll be there soon! Hit 32 miles for last week. About 75% of what I was doing before the pandemic. Riding through downtown yesterday was a lot of fun. There were a lot of riders out. Rode past the new stadium downtown. It will be ready for UAB football on time.
    Real Fan since 1958

You'll be there soon! Hit 32 miles for last week. About 75% of what I was doing before the pandemic. Riding through downtown yesterday was a lot of fun. There were a lot of riders out. Rode past the new stadium downtown. It will be ready for UAB football on time.
    2.91 miles and still 4 feet from my television. I need to get a bicycle…

Fab Five

2.91 miles and still 4 feet from my television. I need to get a bicycle…

You wouldn’t be alone. Bikes are gaining in popularity for older adults. What I like is you can change the scenery every time out. I found with walking or jogging I was getting bored. I have one segment downtown that is 2 and 1/4 long with only 2 stop signs, very gentle grades and minimal traffic. I ride it every time. It allows me to get some good speed work. From this segment I can branch off into some interesting diverse places. Unfortunately there are 6 craft breweries within a mile and a half of this segment. I succumbed to one tonight after riding about 9 miles. Hell, it was 90 degrees at 6 pm.
    Real Fan since 1958

Fab Five

Beat my weekly and monthly goals this morning. Rode the bike 34 miles this week and 158 miles fir the month. The winds today were as strong as I have ridden in for a long, long time.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 08-30-2021 at 12:26 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

Beat my weekly and monthly goals this morning. Rode the bike 34 miles this week and 158 nukes fir the month. The winds today were as strong as I have ridden in for a long, long time.
    Great job…

I finally got to 3 miles :35 min daily on machine. Cut grass today, which damn near killed me :55 mins just short of 3mi, 2.96 mi…it’s hot and humid, Ohio River Valley weather.

Fab Five

Great job…

I finally got to 3 miles :35 min daily on machine. Cut grass today, which damn near killed me :55 mins just short of 3mi, 2.96 mi…it’s hot and humid, Ohio River Valley weather.

Birmingham invented hot, humid weather! This morning we were getting the outer wind bands from Ida gusting during the ride. The first leg of 18 blocks was dead into the wind. As we made a turn I grabbed my jersey, it was completely soaked on both sides. I don’t believe I have ever labored so hard.
    Real Fan since 1958

Birmingham invented hot, humid weather! This morning we were getting the outer wind bands from Ida gusting during the ride. The first leg of 18 blocks was dead into the wind. As we made a turn I grabbed my jersey, it was completely soaked on both sides. I don’t believe I have ever labored so hard.
    People that talk about heat and humidity really don’t know unless they’ve experienced the south’s version of heat and humidity. The Ohio River Valley rivals, the western part of the state over in the Paducah area, or at least as I recall, and it’s as rough as I’ve lived in including S Florida. I’ve heard stories of legendary H/H from AL, GA, LA, and MS, and can validate most with the exception of MS…never been.

Then compound it by exercising in it, “it just means more in the south”

Fab Five

Very funny stuff Boss. congrats on getting three miles. I stopped running because I couldn’t make three and couldn’t handle the psychological side off it.
    Real Fan since 1958

Next up 3.5 mi, the big question is, how many minutes to get there?