Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Ok, looking at 210.6 - 212.8 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Doing good there, Boss.

I'm at 214.2 this morning. Really need to get under 200 before the end of the year, and don't think I'll do it. Not making any progress in a long time.

I’m feeling pretty good about just maintaining and not gaining. Still bouncing around that 210-212 mark.

I’ll have to actually work at it once fall turns into winter and we get closer to the eating season, but for now I’m just trying to eat sensible. Might get back to fasting from sweets for Oct.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

IIRC, you're 6'2,also. I'm 6'0 (and the insurance guy said 6-0½, but he's the first one to measure me there). So you're great where you are. I'm hefty.

Yep, still 6’2”, I haven’t started settling yet lol!

I wouldn’t consider 6’ 214 hefty, plus IIR you’ve dropped quite a few lbs over the last few years.

My plan is hanging around my current weight, or maybe drop a couple more pounds before the eating season starts. Then, first of the year get back in my winter spring exercise/diet routine and get to 190-195.

It’s actually taking me 8-10 years to lose 50-60 lbs, but slow and steady is supposed to be a more healthy way to lose weight, or at least that’s what I tell my self.

This thread has helped me a lot over the years to motivate me, and to at least be aware of my weight.

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

What you're describing are meaningful lifestyle changes, Blueboss. That's definitely the way to go. More power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratley View Post
    What you're describing are meaningful lifestyle changes, Blueboss. That's definitely the way to go. More power to you.
    Yeah, well knowing me, best laid plans and all that... I’ll probably end up gaining a few pounds before years end, and come up five pounds short in the loss column by spring.

... but at least I’ll be aware of it.

211.6 two mornings in a row.

I weighed after running yesterday afternoon and it is amazing how much water you lose while running. Tempted to cheat and use that as a weight sometime lol.

Have been running 5 days a week, and haven't traveled in hotels for two weeks now, which helps. I have logged everything I've eaten for 83 days in a row now, and I was shocked to see how many calories I consumed while traveling. I woke up, starved one morning at the hotel. By the way, highly recommend a place that looks like a somewhat sketchy place, Cabot Lodge, in Jackson, Mississippi, adjacent to Millsaps College. By far the best breakfast I've ever had at any hotel. Inside is like a huge old ski lodge. But I digress.

When I saw that my eggs, bacon, sausage, Biscuits with sausage Gravy, muffin, doughnut (with milk) , and orange juice put me well over 1,000 calories, I guess I had never really focused on it. I decided that day before breakfast to just eat what I wanted and I would educate myself on how bad it was. Didn't even have the waffle I wanted to make lol.

I have stayed there 3 more times since then, and I don't adhere to my under 1600 calories a day plan when I travel, but I watch certain things. I don't get the doughnut or muffin, skip the sausage gravy biscuit, and usually the OJ and apple juice, and substitute water and black coffee. Or if I have OJ, I have one small cup of it, not 2 or 3 because I'm thirsty.

Day 84 starts with two boiled eggs, black coffee and water. I'm easily more than 1,000 calories ahead of the game already lol.

^^^Great job, you’ve passed me. I’m still bouncing around 212 and now I’m seeing 213 and change.

My latest issue has been lunches with customers, suppliers, and conferences. I usually have fruit and yogurt mid morning and a snack bar mid afternoon, but the last two weeks it seems like every day a lunch meeting pops up.

That coupled with the lack of rain and no yard work to be done, I’m not burning as many calories. Still procrastinating getting on the exercise machine....the perfect fat storm is brewing.

For me, the perfect storm has been the weather. It is been exceedingly dry and hot, and that's weather I love to exercise in. If it rains, or even rains recently, my favorite place to run has mud puddes and gaps in the path, which can make it dangerous to twist an ankle or fall.

I'm good until the temperature turns cold for running outdoors, but I just haven't learned to tolerate running in the cold. Maybe I will look for better attire to wear or something.

On the lunches, I probably have about one a week. What I do is simply order something that isn't too bad, and eat about half of it. I have a second backup plan, where I just get a fairly large meal, and then for dinner really eat a snack. It's not a perfect solution, but it really kills me the next day when I'm running thinking about the extra fat and weight I'm carrying because of something I ate.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 09-25-2019 at 10:17 AM.

4.05 miles outside in 99° temperatures. I will sweat for days.

211.4 this morning.

Have not been exercising *at all* for the last nearly two weeks, as travel plus weather has changed. I like to run when it's hot, not cold or even cool. I have been eating poorly, so that weight is a shock to me, pleasantly so.

I really want to get down to 190, and really should be 180, but if I reach 190, I will consider that success.

Starting a new thing for me and giving that a try after a boatload of reading about intermittent fasting. Just doing the 16:8 fasting to see. It usually isn't a problem after I go to bed until I eat lunch, but what is getting me is lack of late night snacks. Didn't realize how many times I had an urge to go get something to eat from the fridge or pantry after 8 or 9 p.m. Answer: Often.

We'll see. Also need to get in a pattern of going to the gym. It actually works out pretty well a couple of days a week if I plan for it; just have to find about 3 more days a week and make that work, too.

Too funny, I’ve been hanging between 210-212 for a week or two. Yesterday I was 211.6, and I have seen some 209’s. Prior to that I was starting to creep up 214-215 so I cut back on snacking on sweets at night. I replaced sweets with fruit and nuts, and almond milk.

A few posts I ago, I had a master plan to make it through the eating season without ballooning up. I’m not where I was planning on being but considering I’m not really exercising or serious dieting I’m ok with where I’m at. If all goes well, by next May I should be between 190-200.

I'm going to try to get in the habit of going to the gym at designated day(s)/time(s), drink green tea and apple cider vinegar, and try the 16:8 intermittent fasting through the end of the year.

The benefit to me that I am reaping immediately is discarding having to record everything I eat. While I'm not going to go crazy with it, I will no longer be counting calories and even worse, recording everything I consume in the MyFitnessPal daily app.

I'll readdress after the first of the year (assuming I stick to this for a couple of months).

I'm jumping into 2020 with the idea that by my birthday (8/17) I want to lose an amount of weight equal to a small child.

I'm going to go about it the old-fashioned way (diet/exercise), but heard some stuff recently about intermittent fasting and I'm intrigued. Wondering if anyone is doing it or has done it.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I'm jumping into 2020 with the idea that by my birthday (8/17) I want to lose an amount of weight equal to a small child.

I'm going to go about it the old-fashioned way (diet/exercise), but heard some stuff recently about intermittent fasting and I'm intrigued. Wondering if anyone is doing it or has done it.
    I'm on board with that. I'll even up you by doing it by my birthday (6/11).

I choose my middle daughter. When she was a small child, she was 2+ pounds (at birth).

I'm shooting for 3 pounds just to make it with some to spare!

In all seriousness, I began intermittent fasting for about three weeks and then I had a number of trips scheduled and circumstances just didn't allow to continue it. I'm probably going to wait until next week and start again and give it a chance.

I’ve ballooned to 216 from Halloween through the start of the new year... Eating poorly, no exercise, and generally sedentary.

Time to start getting back in cardio shape, I just need to start.

Maybe this threads emergence will motivate me.

My daughter, who is as thin as a straw, said she is beginning intermittent fasting. She claims not only does she need to lose "a couple of pounds," which is absurd, but that intermittent fasting also provides other health benefits. She's a nurse at a hospital and works with a pulmonologist (I know, that's not "his" field, but still) who has researched it heavily, and is convinced it's a sound dietary plan that provides health benefits and promotes weight loss when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I’ve ballooned to 216 from Halloween through the start of the new year... Eating poorly, no exercise, and generally sedentary.

Time to start getting back in cardio shape, I just need to start.

Maybe this threads emergence will motivate me.

I'm afraid to weigh.

In fairness to me, I have, forever and ever, stopped exercising and began eating poorly in late October through the end of the year. Just a bad time for all of us, but when the weather changes, it impacts my ability to go outside until I get used to it and begin thinking "50's is a great temperature to run." And in January, I fight the New Year's Resolutionists (of which I am one) and battle back to the cheap gym (Planet Fitness) to which I belong, and usually do a decent job of working that in.

I will teach a class beginning in February on Mondays from 2-5, so my "lunch" on Mondays will be working out at the gym, quick shower, and drive to the university. On Wednesdays I'll teach a class at 5 p.m., so I'll run to the gym at 3 and do the same thing. That's my reward to myself for teaching. Fridays I try not to schedule appointments, and have the day free to catch up on work, and have a day at the gym as well, so that's 3 days of exercise. I can usually find some time Saturday or Sunday to do the same, so that's my 4x per week in the gym in the winter/early spring. Of course, work requirements often impact my perfect plan, and then all of a sudden, the two planned trips turn in to 1 or 0, and now I'm at 1-2x per week.

Summer is my best by far, but I'd love to get a head start on it this year.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-08-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    My daughter, who is as thin as a straw, said she is beginning intermittent fasting. She claims not only does she need to lose "a couple of pounds," which is absurd, but that intermittent fasting also provides other health benefits. She's a nurse at a hospital and works with a pulmonologist (I know, that's not "his" field, but still) who has researched it heavily, and is convinced it's a sound dietary plan that provides health benefits and promotes weight loss when needed.
    Thanks for the info, Darrell. What got me thinking about it was not solely the weight loss thing, but the other health benefits associated with it that your daughter mentioned.

I think I'm going to go to it eventually (the 16:8 plan where you can eat for 8 hours but fast for 16, or the 5:2 plan where you eat normally for 5 days and heavily restrict calories for 2 days look interesting), but maybe not right away.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

The one that I started was the 16:8 plan.

That's really very doable if you sometimes skip breakfast anyway.

Ran 2.8 miles outside in 60° weather yesterday. Should've been easy. Was not. Slow, and a little wheezing.

Good job, Darrell!

I'm starting slow this week, focusing on eating right/entering my food into My Fitness Pal, drinking water and getting 8 hours of sleep (or as close to it as possible). Starting back with exercise on Saturday.

Good job, Darrell!

I'm starting slow this week, focusing on eating right/entering my food into My Fitness Pal, drinking water and getting 8 hours of sleep (or as close to it as possible). Starting back with exercise on Saturday.
    Okay, you all are making me feel lazy. I’m officially starting getting back in cardio shape Sunday.

Week 1:
    Down 8.0 pounds (which shows how much weight I have to lose)
    Exercise: went to the pool and walked 30 minutes 1 time. This week's goal is to walk in the pool twice, walk on the treadmill 3 times for 30 minutes each
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-13-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Week 1:
    Down 8.0 pounds (which shows how much weight I have to lose)
    Exercise: went to the pool and walked 30 minutes 1 time. This week's goal is to walk in the pool twice, walk on the treadmill 3 times for 30 minutes each
    My goal is 5 minutes for 3 days and then 8-10 minutes for 3 days 16-20 for five days.

I’m on day 2. After 10-11 days in a row I should be able to go 20 minutes a day adding 5 minutes every other day until I get to 40 minutes five days a week.

Thanks for the motivation.

Week 2: Lost 1.6 pounds, down 9.8 total.

Didn't hit my exercise goal (3 times vs. 5) and ate out 3 times over the weekend, which is kind of an issue for me when it comes to losing weight. So considering those things, not bad.

Exercise goal this week is 3 times on the treadmill X 30 and pool work (walking and stretching) on Saturday.

220.2 yesterday morning was an unpleasant sight on the scale I saw. Nobody else was on it with me, either. Ran 3.1 miles in 45 degree temperature Monday; could not bear to do it in colder temperature yesterday. Headed to the gym shortly to do boring treadmill stuff.

3.7 on the treadmill. Lot warmer there.