Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Well, I finally did it.
    Under 220#.
    Weighed in this am at 219.5.

Bad news, it was after a bout with Epiploic Appendagitis and will probably go away now that I am getting better and back to eating.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Well, I finally did it.
    Under 220#.
    Weighed in this am at 219.5.

Bad news, it was after a bout with Epiploic Appendagitis and will probably go away now that I am getting better and back to eating.
    not good!
    Real Fan since 1958

Let's just say it got my attention.
    Thought my gall bladder had ruptured; the real diagnosis was a Godsend...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

That’s it, got in the scale today, gained 4 lbs up to 224.8.

Time to knock out the sweets and start regular exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I haven't weighed recently. I haven't exercised in about a week--I've had a sinus thing that is allergy-based and running outside is just a bad idea. And treadmills just suck. But you'd think I would try to compensate by eating right, and I've done exactly the opposite. So the scales are going to be bad.

I broke down today, skipped lunch and went to my local Planet Fitness and did 4 miles on the treadmill. Man, it's boring.

222.4... not horrible after the week long Thanksgiving festivities. I’d like to get back to below 220 before Christmas.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I have exercised once since then. I wake up every morning with sinus issues and a headache. And I don't like running in cold weather either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I haven't weighed recently. I haven't exercised in about a week--I've had a sinus thing that is allergy-based and running outside is just a bad idea. And treadmills just suck. But you'd think I would try to compensate by eating right, and I've done exactly the opposite. So the scales are going to be bad.

I broke down today, skipped lunch and went to my local Planet Fitness and did 4 miles on the treadmill. Man, it's boring.

212.8. Have only exercised once since posting 12/4. My eating habits have been better, though. No diet, just staying away from junk stuff, eating light, etc.

Last night had a bowl of soup and a half sandwich at Panera Bread. Brought the half sandwich home. Just wasn't hungry for it. Now, the bowl of soup was a bread bowl, and I ate a fair amount of the "bowl" itself, which was filling, but in the past I could easily eat a full sandwich with it, too.

6.5 miles on the treadmill this morning, nearly 77 minutes of "running." I'm slow; very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    6.5 miles on the treadmill this morning, nearly 77 minutes of "running." I'm slow; very slow.
    But can you get open and run good routes and have good hands and can block?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

LOL. I couldn't get open with

Hey! How’s everyone doing in their exercise/weight loss programs.

After Thanksgiving I was hanging around 223ish and then started creeping up. By the first of the year I got back up to 225-227.

Since then I started cutting back and slowly getting back into exercise shape.

Now I’m going 3-4 mi five days a week. I’ve also started counting carbs and calories and have made it back to 217.

Shooting for 210 by May 1, however, I broke my exercise machine Sunday. I hope to have it repaired by tomorrow so I can get back to my routine.

Fab Five

Well, I got a fitbit for my birthday. Doctor says minimum of three hours of activity a week. I thought I was doing pretty good with treadmill and lifting weighs three days a weel what ai learned with fitbit is that steps must be at a brisk pace to be considered as being active. So I cranked up the pace, did 65 active minutes at 3.8 mph and am already at 11,000 steps for today. I noticed last night’s sleep was much improved.
    Real Fan since 1958

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Hey! How’s everyone doing in their exercise/weight loss programs.

After Thanksgiving I was hanging around 223ish and then started creeping up. By the first of the year I got back up to 225-227.

Since then I started cutting back and slowly getting back into exercise shape.

Now I’m going 3-4 mi five days a week. I’ve also started counting carbs and calories and have made it back to 217.

Shooting for 210 by May 1, however, I broke my exercise machine Sunday. I hope to have it repaired by tomorrow so I can get back to my routine.

Congrats on your loss.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Well, I got a fitbit for my birthday. Doctor says minimum of three hours of activity a week. I thought I was doing pretty good with treadmill and lifting weighs three days a weel what ai learned with fitbit is that steps must be at a brisk pace to be considered as being active. So I cranked up the pace, did 65 active minutes at 3.8 mph and am already at 11,000 steps for today. I noticed last night’s sleep was much improved.
    I’ve used a Fitbit for several years now. I get my weekly Fitbit report every Tuesday, this week it had my step count average at 10,989. Which is pretty good considering I’m only exercising Sun-Th, I take Fr and Sat off. Usually on Sat, I’m pretty sedentary and usually barely break 5000 steps. Having said that, now that winter is coming to an end I’ll be more active on Saturdays.

I’m getting the 3+ hours of weekly exercise as I’m going 45 minutes five days a week. I usually maintain my average BPM in the high 150’s with peaks in high 160’s and 170’s.

I think my pace isn’t accurate because it logs me at 3.5 miles which is in the 12+ min/mile. I’m pretty sure I’m going faster than an average of twelve and half minute miles.

Fab Five

I’ve used a Fitbit for several years now. I get my weekly Fitbit report every Tuesday, this week it had my step count average at 10,989. Which is pretty good considering I’m only exercising Sun-Th, I take Fr and Sat off. Usually on Sat, I’m pretty sedentary and usually barely break 5000 steps. Having said that, now that winter is coming to an end I’ll be more active on Saturdays.

I’m getting the 3+ hours of weekly exercise as I’m going 45 minutes five days a week. I usually maintain my average BPM in the high 150’s with peaks in high 160’s and 170’s.

I think my pace isn’t accurate because it logs me at 3.5 miles which is in the 12+ min/mile. I’m pretty sure I’m going faster than an average of twelve and half minute miles.

Sounds as though you are doing well. I am walking my butt off, over 32 miles so far this week, and have gained two pounds. The fitbit by its nature causes me to be more active than I would otherwise. But, it is driving me crazy.
    Real Fan since 1958

Well, I made it to 212.8 on last weeks weigh in. After working all day on a piece of my property I affectionately refer to as “ the low lands,
    I was forced to lay off my exercise routine for a week. I thought I was in pretty good shape, but apparently using a chainsaw, lawn mower, hedge trimmers, and a pole saw, all while keeping a burn barrel going use a whole different muscle group.

I was basically crippled, every muscle in both legs, arms, shoulders etc were shot, which has taken me a week to get over.

Anyway should be able to get back on the machine tonight and get back to regular 3-3.5 mile routine... still shooting for 210, but only a week or so to go probably come up a wee bit short....we’ll see.

... oh yeah, lent is over so I treated my self to a piece of coconut cream pie yesterday.

Wow!!!

Good job, blueboss. I haven't weighed in a while, and when that happens, it usually means something negative. And I don't mean losing weight kind of negative.

Fab Five

Well, I have become a slave to my fitbit. It pushes me to do far more than I want.

One interesting thing I learned is that fitbit converts hills to equivalent flights of stairs. Yesterday I had 35 flights on my 2+ mile walk. One hill I climb is 7 flights, another is 6, and several more in the 4 to 5 flight range. On days I walk I climb the equivalent of 50 to 55 flights of stairs. I average about 250 per week.

My primary goal is 9500 steps per day. I am hitting that about 5 days a week. I do like the way fitbit keeps track of cardio and fat burn minutes during a workout. Weight traing really pushes the heartbeat to its peak!

Oh, by the way in the last month I’ve gained 5lbs.��
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Well, I have become a slave to my fitbit. It pushes me to do far more than I want.

One interesting thing I learned is that fitbit converts hills to equivalent flights of stairs. Yesterday I had 35 flights on my 2+ mile walk. One hill I climb is 7 flights, another is 6, and several more in the 4 to 5 flight range. On days I walk I climb the equivalent of 50 to 55 flights of stairs. I average about 250 per week.

My primary goal is 9500 steps per day. I am hitting that about 5 days a week. I do like the way fitbit keeps track of cardio and fat burn minutes during a workout. Weight traing really pushes the heartbeat to its peak!

Oh, by the way in the last month I’ve gained 5lbs.������
    I switched to a OnePlus 6 phone this Fall, and Fitbit doesn't sync with it, so I stopped using it. I hate wearing things on my wrist, so that really stunk, because I liked the Zip to clip on my pocket.

Fab Five

I hate things on my wrist as well. If anything causes me to ditch fitbit it will be that I hate to wear it.
    Real Fan since 1958

Mrs. BEvans and I went to Florida a couple of weeks ago. Spent a few days at The Villages and then 2 at Disney. On our Epcot day I logged 24,000 steps (almost 10 miles). I'd forgotten how huge that place is! I was whipped at the end of the day, but it was great to walk that much and come back strong the next day (spent the day at Magic Kingdom).
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 04-23-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

10k steps a day is my Fitbit goal which on exercise days I crush with around 13k-14k five days a week.

My routine is Sunday through Thursday 40-45 minutes on the gazelle. That equates to 3-4 miles per session. Friday and Saturday are my rest days, however with spring being here I’m doing a lot more on Saturdays than I did during the winter months.

As far as weight loss, regular exercise and cutting sweets out of my diet has been key. Night time snacks, instead of ice cream, cookies, cakes, candy etc. I’ve switched to raisins, celery, oranges/halos, apples etc.

Easter weekend I caved and had a piece of my grandsons chocolate birthday cake, and then on Easter I shared a pack of peeps with him, a handful of jelly beans, and a piece of coconut cream pie.... mean while, back to fruit and nuts.

211.4 this evening.

Last edited by blueboss; 04-23-2019 at 09:52 PM.

209.8!!!

May 1st goal of 210... check

That’s a first!

Fab Five

Congrats!
    Real Fan since 1958

209.8!!!

May 1st goal of 210... check

That’s a first!

That is absolutely fantastic, Blueboss. Way to go.

Final weigh in before heading to the beach for a couple of weeks

208.9 is all I could muster after a fun/food filled derby weekend.

All bets off while on vacation, see if I can keep it under a five pound relapse.

220.0 this morning, worst I've been in a long time.

2.34 miles outside "running." Only 77°, but feels hotter. Sweating like a pig.

3.02 miles this afternoon.