Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Fab Five

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Rode 10 Miles on Birmingham Southside with the group tonight. Made it almost all the way to the top of Red Mountain. We stopped about 3 blocks short. The thing about riding with the group is you do things you wouldn’t normally do
    Real Fan since 1958

im saying 235 tomorrow.

I've reached the point where the smell of food makes me nauseous. I think its the meds. I tried to eat today, could do it. Food smelled like used cat litter
    Last edited by Doc; 07-10-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Rode 10 Miles on Birmingham Southside with the group tonight. Made it almost all the way to the top of Red Mountain. We stopped about 3 blocks short. The thing about riding with the group is you do things you wouldn’t normally do

Cool....I enjoy riding but my butt doesnt
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Cool....I enjoy riding but my butt doesnt
    You don’t stand up enough! With all the potholes on Birmingham streets, a butt sure can take a beating! I’d never handle mountain bike trails.
    Real Fan since 1958

236 today. Of course that pre-blow out that I sense coming
    Last edited by Doc; 07-11-2018 at 02:17 PM.

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    232.0. This is ridiculous.
    Doesn't make my 221.4 look that bad this morning.

I really need to be around 180 but I'd take sub-200 and call it a win.

I've stabilized at 238. Been sitting steady for a couple days but I've lost my appetite again so will see.

220ish...depending on what day of the week. Typically on Mondays I’m 220.8 -221.4, by Wednesday 220-220.5, Th/Fr 219.5-220...

Same thing for the last 6-8 weeks. If I knock off ice cream, and cookies I could get to 215 pretty quickly.... I love cookies and ice cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 07-16-2018 at 08:40 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Really not rocket science for most of us.

Determine about how many calories you need for maintaining. Add calories you burn from exercise (but be careful--in my experience, the older we get, the less reliable that is. When I was younger, it worked great. Now it's not nearly as reliable. I figure ½ at best.)

Then eat less than that. Every day.

3500 calories = 1 pound.

See if you have some reoccurring habits. Drink 2 coca-colas a day? That's 300 calories. Every two weeks, you've added a pound, unless you took it off somewhere else. Over the course of a year? That's 365 x 300 = 31 pounds.

So if you're maintaining, but can cut out 2 soft drinks a day, over the course of a year, you can lose more than 30 pounds.

Stuff like that.

Of course, "stuff like that" is what I fail at miserably. My biggest issue is that I'll do well for awhile, and then go crazy for a few days in a row, or longer, and throw my hands up and give up. Thin mints in the pantry? That MIGHT last two days with me. I can eat a row of those sitting in front of the TV like nothing. One sleeve of them is almost 700 calories. I can't eat 2-4 cookies (80-160 calories). Give me the whole sleeve.

I just lost 25 lbs for 2 weeks when I started walking 5 km per day.

-------------------------------------------------------
    France at Home is an online French Supermarket that sells French products such as bread, appetizers, cheese, jams, foie gras, condiments, shampoo, saucisson, french mustard and French bread. France At Home cna be considered as a "food near me" because it imports products from France then deliver directly to your doorstep.
    Last edited by France; 07-18-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Fab Five

Really not rocket science for most of us.

Determine about how many calories you need for maintaining. Add calories you burn from exercise (but be careful--in my experience, the older we get, the less reliable that is. When I was younger, it worked great. Now it's not nearly as reliable. I figure ½ at best.)

Then eat less than that. Every day.

3500 calories = 1 pound.

See if you have some reoccurring habits. Drink 2 coca-colas a day? That's 300 calories. Every two weeks, you've added a pound, unless you took it off somewhere else. Over the course of a year? That's 365 x 300 = 31 pounds.

So if you're maintaining, but can cut out 2 soft drinks a day, over the course of a year, you can lose more than 30 pounds.

Stuff like that.

Of course, "stuff like that" is what I fail at miserably. My biggest issue is that I'll do well for awhile, and then go crazy for a few days in a row, or longer, and throw my hands up and give up. Thin mints in the pantry? That MIGHT last two days with me. I can eat a row of those sitting in front of the TV like nothing. One sleeve of them is almost 700 calories. I can't eat 2-4 cookies (80-160 calories). Give me the whole sleeve.
    I cut out all the stuff years ago and it hasn’t reallydone anything. I can’t even fast and lose weight. Haven’t had a soft drink in over two years.
    Real Fan since 1958

I can usually knock off 15-20 lbs in a twelve week period by eliminating sweets and exercising for 20-30 minutes five days a week. The hard part, as Darrell pointed out above, is keeping it off. I’m currently off of my exercise routine and while I’ve moderated my sweets intake I’m still gobbling away at whatever I want.

I think tomorrow evening I’m going to throw a couple dozen chicken wings on the grill, and slather them down with a sugar based homemade bbq sauce. I also picked up a few ears of sweet corn that I’ll boil up and drown in butter and salt, along with some Mac and cheese. For dessert, I noticed the Mrs. has an orange crush bunt cake sitting in the counter.... fortunately I’m active enough during the summer months to keep those calories at bay.

For me it’s about discipline, if I were to sustain diet and exercise on regular basis I imagine I could get to that elusive 210-200...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

220.0 this morning. I'll start feeling better when it drops below 215.

Fab Five

dropped a pound and a half this am. Rode 14 miles last night.
    Real Fan since 1958

14 miles is a great bicycle trip. Burns a lot of calories, keeps your metabolism up, tones and strengthens, improves heart function and cardiovascular system.

I'm not ready to go there. At lunch today I "ran" 2.1 miles. Probably ½ the calories burned of the bike trip, but right now, that's my speed.

3.01 tonight. Yay.

Fab Five

14 miles is a great bicycle trip. Burns a lot of calories, keeps your metabolism up, tones and strengthens, improves heart function and cardiovascular system.

I'm not ready to go there. At lunch today I "ran" 2.1 miles. Probably ½ the calories burned of the bike trip, but right now, that's my speed.
    I burn about 400 to 500 on each ride depending on the amount of elevation change.
    Real Fan since 1958

I've stabilized at 238. Been sitting steady for a couple days but I've lost my appetite again so will see.
    down another 3 lbs to 235. Can see my shoes...and other things below my gut now. Also no longer snoring, so says my wife

Also no longer snoring, so says my wife
    That was an unexpected benefit I found as well. When we traveled, my son would complain that he'd hear me snoring and it kept him awake. After I lost some weight, he said he didn't hear me snoring anymore. I don't know where "the number" is, but I was 237 at one point, and dropped to 197 before building back up. I'm not sure if I snored last weekend or not when we traveled to Miss. and Tn., but hopefully not. Will be traveling again tomorrow/this weekend, and again the next two weekends.

Well they got the mattress with the "sleep number, so whats your "snore number"?

216.2 this morning. Big drop. Going to eat the next 8 meals out, so I thought I'd weigh before I screwed it up.

2.9 miles at 5 pm in New Orleans. Hardest run I've had this year, by far. Ran adjacent to Lake Pontchartrain, and it is flat as flat can be. But man, the New Orleans heat and humidity.

My reward.

Fab Five

Rode 8.5 miles on Friday and rode 18.2 today. Today We rode from Uptown Birmingham to Elmwood Cemetary. The group stopped at former Kentucky Head Football Coach Paul Bryant’s grave.
    Real Fan since 1958

No exercise today, but ate at Mr. Ed's tonight. Stuffed. Will try to exercise tomorrow while son is at a soccer camp.

So last posted on the 19th that I was at 235...today is the 21st and I'm at 229. down more 6lbs in 2 days.

Good news is I'm eating. Yesterday was a bowl of spagetti with olive oil. Today was a bowl of fruit.
    Last edited by Doc; 07-21-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Fab Five

Rode bike 13 miles tonight. Burned almost 500 calories. I am up to 75 miles for the month. One week left to get the remaining 25 miles.
    Real Fan since 1958

Still 6’2”, still 220, and still not dieting...work and summer activities keeping the weight stable.

Another 3.01 mile "run" today at 7. I'm at 32+ for the month, which doesn't sound like much, but it's my biggest month of the year. I also didn't run for a week after my Dad passed, although I did that day just to do something. Hoping to get 40+ for the month. Should get it, but calves are awfully tight and probably traveling this weekend.

I didn't post it here, but I weighed after I got back at 221.4. I left for New Orleans at 216.2. Now that's ridiculous. I know there are vacillations, and that doesn't really mean I gained 5 pounds in a long weekend in New Orleans, but sheesh.

This morning back "down" to 219.8, so at least I'm temporarily back under 220. Gotta get under 215 and start seeing under 210 as the next goal.