Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I am walking/jogging 35 to 40 miles a week since the lockdown started. I try to alternate the two about every half mile. My weight loss is 1 1/2 lbs. over the last 7 weeks. I need to lose 8 more to get into target range for height and body type. I am beginning to believe I won’t get there. I’m not sure I can do more than I am. Calorie intake averages about 2100-2300 which means i am burning more than I am consuming. I guess I should be happy with where I am.
    Impressive.

I'm a big believer that your body tells you what your ideal weight is. If you are eating reasonably, and exercising like that, I think you must be a lot closer to your ideal weight than not.

Fab Five

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Impressive.

I'm a big believer that your body tells you what your ideal weight is. If you are eating reasonably, and exercising like that, I think you must be a lot closer to your ideal weight than not.
    Well, I can pinch a lot more than an inch. I get very frustrated that I can’t jog for longer distances. I don’t have a problem breathing, it’s more that my feet and ankles give out. It’s not like I’m old or anything.
    Real Fan since 1958

Pinch an inch, heck I can grab a slab.
    I wish I had your resolve.
    Great job y'all.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Pinch an inch, heck I can grab a slab.
    I wish I had your resolve.
    Great job y'all.
    Mine is closer to a slab than an inch.
    Real Fan since 1958

Got back from the Endocrinologists this morning and I weighed in at 224.5 pounds. Much less than what I was thinking; but not where I want to be.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Gaining weight, eating very poorly. Working at home, teaching online, I eat badly and have no metabolism.

3 miles today in the heat (84°, felt hotter) but gotta watch the kitchen. And add a morning walk.

218, I either need to grow a few inches taller, or start exercising and stop buying ice cream.

Since the former isn’t likely, that just leaves the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

3 straight days of running mid-afternoon 3+ miles. Now to get out of the kitchen to start to try to lose weight.

225.6 this morning. Yech.

Fab Five

When I told my doctor last fall I wanted to lose eleven more lbs. his response still puzzles me to this day. He said, "you likely won't be able to lose that much". He wouldn't elaborate. My only thought was he must have me so medicated, it makes losing weight impossible. So after 11 weeks I am 7 lbs away and beginning to think I am where I'm going to be.
    Real Fan since 1958

220.3...we’re all going the wrong way.

I like ice cream, and now it’s ice cream season.

Last year at our local farmers market I ran across “the cobbler lady”. I ordered a couple of cakes and cobblers from her over the course of the year for special occasions and gatherings.

Last week she sent me a text informing me that the farmers market was opening. She sent me her menu of cobblers, cakes, and pies that she’ll be selling individual servings of.... plus her menu for full cobblers, cakes, and pies you can order that she’ll deliver, usually just needs 24 hour lead time.

She closed the text with “bring your mask and sweet tooth”.

Yesterday she sent this weeks menu, I texted her back and thanked her and complimented her on the hunk of strawberry cake she sold me last Saturday.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

She sent me another reminder this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

Oh my gosh, does that look good.

When I told my doctor last fall I wanted to lose eleven more lbs. his response still puzzles me to this day. He said, "you likely won't be able to lose that much". He wouldn't elaborate. My only thought was he must have me so medicated, it makes losing weight impossible. So after 11 weeks I am 7 lbs away and beginning to think I am where I'm going to be.
    If you've dropped 4 in 11 weeks, and only wanted to lose 11 total, I'd say you're doing great. Might be stuck there, but if so, that's probably where your body ought to be.

Oh my gosh, does that look good.
    It is, the carmel apple cobbler is what set the hook on me, and pineapple upside down cake is the real deal.

Walked 3 miles this afternoon. Going to try to integrate that more into the exercise program in an attempt to help lose weight. Love the running, keeping the heart rate up for 40 or more minutes, and not going to stop that, but going to try to get my heart rate in a lower fat burning zone some of the time.

It's still kitchen--oriented to drop the pounds, but going to try this too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

3.5 miles "running", 86°. That's normally not bad for me, but carrying too much weight makes it tougher.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Fab Five

I rode the bike downtown this afternoon. Only second time I have been on it this year. But I burn 17% more calories on the bike than I do "running". I may have to get back to riding twice a week in addition to daily "walk/run/jog". Still 8 lbs from target and holding, holding, holding.
    Real Fan since 1958

I've read the science and I feel sure that I burn more calories walking than I do with my slow old man version of running.

At my weight, that's really what I need to do. I just enjoy getting my heart rate up more. I'm going to do my best to try to intermingle the two.

Today I ran 3.2 miles in 88 degree temperature. There will be a point when it gets too hot for me, but I enjoy hot weather. It also keeps the crowd down a little.

-No Signature Harmed During the Posting of this Comment-

3.0 miles today, good pace for me. I need to get in the habit of walking the day after a run, rather than just taking the day off.

221.6 this morning. So it's dropping. When I start getting semi-serious, it usually drops quickly at the beginning, because I have so much to lose, but then plateaus and gets more difficult. I'm still in the fairly easy stage. It will make "running" a lot better when I can get down to under 215. Big difference to me between 215 and 225.

4.2+ walking. I'm hoping that I'm starting to make this regular enough I don't have to post what I do. If I could run 10 and walk 6-10 a week I'd be pleased.

Fab Five

I have virtually lost my sweet tooth. Oh, I'll have an occasional ice cream, maybe top it with almonds and a light pass with the chocolate syrup. But I bake a few desserts throughout the year mostly for family consumption... a pecan praline cheesecake or bananas foster cheesecake at holiday time and with the freestone peaches coming on I'll bake a peach cobbler for the family when we go to the beach later this month. I used to devour those. I never let left overs leave the house. But no more. It's one thing I do that I get compliments for, so my ego leads me to continue to bake desserts I don't really eat.

Tomorrow I have to go around the corner to my Chilton County farmer's produce stand to get fresh peaches for Sunday dinner. Peaches, grilled pork chops and jalapeño peppers make for a great entree. I will have to develop some will power to walk past the freezer case that has the homemade peach ice cream. That stuff is seriously good. It's even better if you have some chopped pecans to throw over the top.
    Real Fan since 1958

I have virtually lost my sweet tooth. Oh, I'll have an occasional ice cream, maybe top it with almonds and a light pass with the chocolate syrup. But I bake a few desserts throughout the year mostly for family consumption... a pecan praline cheesecake or bananas foster cheesecake at holiday time and with the freestone peaches coming on I'll bake a peach cobbler for the family when we go to the beach later this month. I used to devour those. I never let left overs leave the house. But no more. It's one thing I do that I get compliments for, so my ego leads me to continue to bake desserts I don't really eat.

Tomorrow I have to go around the corner to my Chilton County farmer's produce stand to get fresh peaches for Sunday dinner. Peaches, grilled pork chops and jalapeño peppers make for a great entree. I will have to develop some will power to walk past the freezer case that has the homemade peach ice cream. That stuff is seriously good. It's even better if you have some chopped pecans to throw over the top.
    Grab a peach ice cream for me.

Fab Five

Luckily they were out!
    Grab a peach ice cream for me.

Real Fan since 1958

4.2+ walking. I'm hoping that I'm starting to make this regular enough I don't have to post what I do. If I could run 10 and walk 6-10 a week I'd be pleased.

If you’re wearing a tracker, how many calories do you typically burn on your quick walks of 3-4 miles???

If you’re wearing a tracker, how many calories do you typically burn on your quick walks of 3-4 miles???

I have a Garmin watch and Runtastic Pro on my phone, and the two vary greatly on what they say.

Yesterday Runtastic Pro said 609 calories. I am attaching the screenshot.

Garmin said 429. Same walk.

I don't pay attention to either. I think I have to exercise, but eating is the critical failure of mine. Not sweets, but snacks or food after meals. I'm bad about that. Handfuls of peanuts. Crackers. Sometimes cheese. Sometimes nutri grain bars and similar. Not just one, but several things after a meal. Screenshot_20200606-124728.jpg

For reference purposes, the day before my average heart rate was 145 with a high of 177. Runtastic said 660 calories burned in 3 miles.

EDIT... I may be wrong, but I truly think that yesterday was better for weight loss than the day before, which contradicts the tracker.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 06-06-2020 at 02:15 PM.

OK, I"m getting back on this wagon. Grrr.......

Have to move my treadmill though. Conditions have changed and it has to go somewhere, but not sure where to put it. May end up in my office. I'm there enough to use it for sure, I have room.

Real trick is the carbs. Cut those out and I usually drop weight fast. We'll see how it goes now that I'm battling Methuselah in the age category.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Oh, and blueboss, I'd report that vicious woman to the police for tempting you that way. That should be a crime. At least the farmer's market needs a safespace.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.