Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Yeah, I don't think I could do the diver thing. Snorkeling is probably my limit. Your describing it gives me chill bumps just thinking about it.

In my post, I left out that Mr. Landrum attended our 40th high school reunion. I made the Friday night get together, but had a conflict and could not make the actual Saturday night reunion when he attended, so I did not get a chance to talk to him. I edited my original post to include that in so it made a little more sense.

Results of torn rotator negative, some other tendon torn… off to an orthopedics guy next, and continue physical torture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Is it something that can surgically repair or is that not practical and it is just going to be a long and painful rehab?
    Take care and take it easy on that shoulder...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Is it something that can surgically repair or is that not practical and it is just going to be a long and painful rehab?
    Take care and take it easy on that shoulder...
    Not sure about repair, waiting on appointment with the orthopedics guy. I’ve been continuing therapy/torture twice a week. There was mention of the possibility of an occasional cortisone shot.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I will be praying for good news, brother.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Fab Five

Rode in a charity bicycle ride in Montgomery today. At 17 miles it was easily my longest ride since before Covid. The first leg was 8 miles. I wasn’t sure I could ride that far without taking a break, but I did. I did make a brief stop on the last leg as I knew the last four blocks were uphill. The last 500 ft were up a fairly steep ramp i to the football stadium.
    Real Fan since 1958

7 lbs to go.

I don't know if anyone remembers my health issues and 2 month hospital stay from a few years ago or not but the weight loss is huge for me. I weighed 185 lbs for 40 years and when I came out of the hospital I weighed 147 lbs. Once I had settled back in at home, my wife said she was going to put the pounds back on me and she did too good of a job and I exercised just enough to satisfy the rehab technician. My weight ballooned up to 236. I finally got tired of the weight and started eating better and lots less of it. Went to the Dr for a check up and blood test yesterday, and the weight is down to 192. I hope to hit 185 by New Years.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    7 lbs to go.

I don't know if anyone remembers my health issues and 2 month hospital stay from a few years ago or not but the weight loss is huge for me. I weighed 185 lbs for 40 years and when I came out of the hospital I weighed 147 lbs. Once I had settled back in at home, my wife said she was going to put the pounds back on me and she did too good of a job and I exercised just enough to satisfy the rehab technician. My weight ballooned up to 236. I finally got tired of the weight and started eating better and lots less of it. Went to the Dr for a check up and blood test yesterday, and the weight is down to 192. I hope to hit 185 by New Years.
    If only, to weigh in at under 200 again.

Dan, great, great work. Certainly don't want to see you at that post-hospital diet type number again, but kudos to you for the great job of getting to your playing weight.

I know you are an active person, and that, with whatever "exercise" you did, with the key of eating healthy, has you where you are. Wonderful stuff.

My Fall "travel season" ended last night around midnight, so I should be mostly at home through the end of the year and not on the road 1-2 days a week (sometimes more). My excuses have ended, so I'll see what I can do to get this restarted.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    7 lbs to go.

Way to go Dan! That’s a tremendous achievement!
    Real Fan since 1958

Fwiw, I jog/walked today to the tune of 15:25 miles. Yikes. Product of 6 weeks getting out of condition, gaining weight, not being athletic in the first place, and age, I guess.

Today.

Do you think my fat self got out of shape or what?

By the way, I wore a long sleeve blue UK shirt today with my UK "runners cap." A father was playing catch with his son (Heardmont Park run today) and the ball got away from the Dad. Little boy had a baseball game, wearing his uniform, must have been 4 or 5.

I jogged over and picked up the ball and tossed it to the father and said, c'mon, Dad, you should've caught that one. He smiled at me and the boy then looked up and got the biggest grin and yelled, "Kentucky!"

There were 3 of us smiling on a rainy, windy, gloomy day after Kentucky got embarrassed last night.

No matter what, it is good to be a Kentucky fan. The best.

I'm back to trying to make it happen. I've been exercising 5 days/week for about 6 weeks now. Usually walking but some elliptical when it's raining, also some other stuff like water aerobics and pitch and putt (hitting bad shots and chasing them down) when I was in FL last week.

Down about 11 pounds in 6 weeks. Not trying to lose a bunch in a hurry--being realistic about the upcoming holidays and trying to develop good habits. I'd like to be down another 25 by the time Mrs. BEvans and I take a trip to London next April.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 10-31-2022 at 10:02 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Fab Five

Good for you Brian!
    Real Fan since 1958

Opening day of eating season started yesterday on the heals of Halloween (mindless candy consumption day).

How’d everyone fare? (Or is it fair)

Last edited by blueboss; 11-25-2022 at 08:25 AM.

Ran a 5k Gobble Wobble trail run with my son yesterday morning, so I tried to prophylacticly address a little of the overeating!

My calves feel it today. The trail hills really hit me.

I got home mid day from family meal. Started putting Christmas crap up. Did a lot of high stuff, up the ladder, down the ladder, up the ladder… plus bringing it up from basement, up the steps, down the steps, up the steps…

Rinse and repeat yesterday.. all finished. Today us recliner/football day until firing up the grill for ribeyes. Done with turkey.

I was down 17 lbs since 9/12 when I arrived in Florida for Thanksgiving Week. This Monday's weigh-in may be ugly.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

+ 5lbs with the week in Gatlinburg, and long Thanksgiving weekend. Overall, not too shabby, it I really need to get some cardio going. I’m still getting decent resistance workout with physical therapy over the shoulder deal.

Good grief, I just weighed and I'm not even going to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Good grief, I just weighed and I'm not even going to post it.
    If it’ll make you feel better I’m back up to 230

Finished 2022 with 101 running activities outdoors, 350+ miles.

-0- in December, very little in November. That seems to be my norm. With holidays and my end of the year work, plus cold weather, I usually slack off badly at the end of the year.

330 miles was my goal, as it has been for years, and this is the first year I've ever hit my goal.

I'm increasing my goal for 2023 to 400 miles. If I can only get out of the kitchen...

Edit... Now that I started with the positive news, here's the negative. I begin 2023 at 222.0 lbs. At 6'0 that's far too much. I really need to get it to 200, and it would be better at 190, but I haven't seen that for years and years.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-01-2023 at 12:18 PM.

6’2” 230, and feel like the 20 lbs of blob I need to lose…not a new year resolution, but in a week or so I am getting back in cardio shape and cutting back on eating all the crap I’ve been enjoying the last two months.

I "only" gained 3 pounds during the Christmas holiday feasting. Started on the 17th, so 3 lbs over 2+ weeks feels like a victory of sorts.

Ended the year down 19 lbs from my high in mid-September. This year my goal is to get down to the weight I want to live at for the rest of my life. I hope to stay consistent and get there by late September.

Yikes. I weighed again this morning, hoping that my initial weighing was an anomaly and today would be different. I normally don't like weighing this close together.

It was an anomaly.

I'm actually 223.8, not 222.

Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Yikes. I weighed again this morning, hoping that my initial weighing was an anomaly and today would be different. I normally don't like weighing this close together.

It was an anomaly.

I'm actually 223.8, not 222.

Bleh.
    Same here, not 230, I weighed in on my normal weigh in day, Tuesday morning, 233.

After reading ANOTHER article on intermittent fasting and the health benefits it provides in addition to losing weight, I started it yesterday. I can usually skip breakfast and be fine so I'm choosing the 11:30-7:30 window for my 8 hours of eating, with the other 16 hours of "intermittent fasting." It may still be a bunch of mumbo jumbo, but some of the science seems solid on it, so I thought it was worth a try.

Funny thing--they go from eating 3 square meals a day, minimal snacking, to eating more frequent, smaller meals throughout the day, and then to intermittent fasting. I think you can find just about anything you want to find to support whatever you want to do.

Can't tell you how many times I walked past the kitchen last night after 7:30 and thought about picking up something--even something healthy, like an apple or a banana, or my triscuits (love salty snacks)--and realized I was probably eating more calories than I thought after dinner. Maybe it will work for me because of that.

I mentioned cutting out eating after 7:00 pm to my RN sister several years ago. She said, maybe you need to look at what you’re eating after 7:00 pm, and she was right, my choice of snacks was usually crap…. cookies, chips, ice cream. She suggested celery, carrots, broccoli with some low calorie dip. I did that for a couple of diet cycles and did lose weight, but not as much as not eating anything after 7:00pm.

Last year I did twigs and berries for snacks, dehydrated fruit and mixed nuts in the shell… I eat less of the ones in the shell because they’re such a pain in the patootie to crack. Again, I lost weight, but not as much as I did when eating nothing after 7:00.

Not eating early in the morning is easy for me, I usually don’t like to eat anything until I’ve been moving around for two or three hours. Weekends kill me, it doesn’t take much for Ms boss to coax me to go out for breakfast, and then I lose my mind and get a waffle or French toast with my eggs and meat choice.

Getting ready to buckle down… start the cardio and I think the intermittent fasting thing as well. Start getting 12oz ribeyes instead of 14/16 oz ribeyes… might go to filets when eating red meat.

I've gained another pound plus. Ridiculous.

225.0 this morning.

Just in time for my annual checkup in the morning. (My last one was 5 years ago, the one before that was 20 years before, so I'm improving).

Intermittent fasting doesn't seem to be helping me lose weight and I don't like it very much. I'll give it another week or so, but I may abandon it.

EDIT...well, apparently it may take up to about 12 weeks before the benefits kick in, so I just need to ride it out for awhile. Health benefits and weight loss as well.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-15-2023 at 11:55 AM.

.3 mi in 00:03:16…damn near killed me, cleaning lungs out. Maybe 00:05:00 tomorrow, at least that’s the plan, maybe 00:10:00 by weeks end .