Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Ran 2 miles, walked 1 this afternoon. 93°, 104° heat index. Kinda hot.

Edit... I had a good amount of shade on the route, so it wasn't like the sun was beading down on me the whole time. Still hot, though.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 08-08-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

I was 219.0 before I ran, 215.8 after. Wish the 215.8 was a real number.

So slow women pushing baby strollers lap me, but man, temperature just brutal. Waited later today thinking the heat would break, but not much.

Start and finish. Screenshot_20200809-162939__01__01.jpgScreenshot_20200809-174037__01.jpg

Fab Five

Temps have been brutal! Did 5 miles yesterday at 4 pm. An hour and 15 minutes in the heat was miserable, but there were a lot of people out there.
    Real Fan since 1958

I looked at the temperature yesterday and walked outside pretty close to that time and I just decided it was too hot for me to try. I drove by Veterans Park earlier in the day and saw a lot of people walking and it was already very hot just after lunchtime.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I looked at the temperature yesterday and walked outside pretty close to that time and I just decided it was too hot for me to try. I drove by Veterans Park earlier in the day and saw a lot of people walking and it was already very hot just after lunchtime.
    There were a lot of people at Veterans when I was there.
    Real Fan since 1958

Is it just me, or are the Pepperidge Farms cookie packages entirely too small?

Seriously?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

219.0 on 8/8
    222.0 on 9/8

Wait. I don't think I'm going the right direction. It was a tough month. Decent exercise, but ate poorly. Wish I could exercise and get weight off, but I exercise and gain weight unless I do better on eating.

Fab Five

219.0 on 8/8
    222.0 on 9/8

Wait. I don't think I'm going the right direction. It was a tough month. Decent exercise, but ate poorly. Wish I could exercise and get weight off, but I exercise and gain weight unless I do better on eating.
    I believe you figured it out.

On a positive note I had my virtual, annual wellness visit with my doc. I request my bloodwork in advance so Doc and I can have a face to face chat. Everything moved year over year in a positive direction. Good cholesterol up. Bad Cholesterol down Triglycerides down. He said not many of his patients my age have all positive trends. The “my age” stung a bit.
    Real Fan since 1958

Still in the 220 range +/- 2 lbs.

I'd participate more in this thread but you guys measure in pounds, which is a measure of gravity, but on a very small scale.

I measure in things like how much I impact the tide when I go to the beach.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I just wish I could play golf right now, but the quarantine won't let me do that, unfortunately When you read this four years later, in quarantine, not being able to play sports to the full, it becomes very sad. The work you've done speaks to your love of an active lifestyle, but now many people are forced to fall in love with a sofa or, at best, a fitness mat on their floor. I love sports and exercise, so I still stay with https://www.modernfit.com/programs/noom/how-noom-stacks-up-vs-weight-watchers/ and I try to keep my activity normal. What are you doing now, in the face of a pandemic?
    Last edited by JennaKravitz; 11-10-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JennaKravitz View Post
    I just wish I could play golf right now, but the quarantine won't let me do that, unfortunately
    Where do you live that prohibits golf? I thought golf was allowed most places...

Where do you live that prohibits golf? I thought golf was allowed most places...
    I live in Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by JennaKravitz View Post
    I live in Ireland
    Ah, I see. Yes, I heard that there was a pretty major shut down there.

My daughter was in Ireland in January. Beautiful area.

Man, I have been awful.

Man, I have been awful.
    Same... 228

Good article on how eating better and exercising is something fewer people are doing during the pandemic but is the key to better well-being:

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/a...piness/617142/

I admit this has been a bad few months for me and the desire to be sedentary grows as it gets colder and darker earlier in the evening. I have to start focusing on treadmill time and eating healthier. Dieting will have to wait until after Christmas but for now I'm going to try eating less stupid stuff.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Right now I am at 227.5, but my A1C has gone from 7.1 to 6.5 in a six month time frame, so I am OK with "stalling out" around 225.
    I will never see 190 again I do not believe and it is just that, I stopped eating the 'stupid stuff'.
    Doesn't mean I don't eat Buttermilk Mac & Chees (that recipe is awesome with a diced jalapeno, seeded and about a rasher of bacon chopped just like you suggested Mick), but I limit myself and I try to eat a more sensible diet, consistently.
    Alcohol, now that summer is over I won't be needing the after-mowing barley pop anymore so I am hoping to see it go down more. I do enjoy the occasional Devil's Cut, chilled to dang near freezing with three drops of water to open it up. BEvans keep up the good work and keep the faith brother, it is all about habits...Got in that rhythm!
    Last edited by BigBluePappy; 11-19-2020 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Additional though; I am old...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Right now I am at 227.5, but my A1C has gone from 7.1 to 6.5 in a six month time frame, so I am OK with "stalling out" around 225.
    I will never see 190 again I do not believe and it is just that, I stopped eating the 'stupid stuff'.
    Doesn't mean I don't eat Buttermilk Mac & Chees (that recipe is awesome with a diced jalapeno, seeded and about a rasher of bacon chopped just like you suggested Mick), but I limit myself and I try to eat a more sensible diet, consistently.
    Alcohol, now that summer is over I won't be needing the after-mowing barley pop anymore so I am hoping to see it go down more. I do enjoy the occasional Devil's Cut, chilled to dang near freezing with three drops of water to open it up. BEvans keep up the good work and keep the faith brother, it is all about habits...Got in that rhythm!
    Glad you liked that Buttermilk Mac and Cheese. That's not a regular part of my diet, but have been putting a Thanksgiving menu together for a celebration this Sunday and it has been added. Should go well with Cajun Stuffed Pork Chops, Butternut Squash Soup and Asparagus.
    Real Fan since 1958

What time is dinner?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    What time is dinner?
    you are welcome at my table anytime!
    Real Fan since 1958

4.1 miles this morning of slow jog/walk. Trying to mitigate a little for what is coming...

I cleaned the gutters , up the ladder down the ladder, up the ladder down the ladder...

Then ran another assault on the leaves, #6 I think.

230.0 this morning. Ugh.

I started logging what I eat again this morning. That has been the only reliable way of me losing weight.

My plan is to establish a baseline for calories, and stick to it. And ignore the Lose It app when it adds calories I can eat because I exercised that day. I just don't believe that works.

One good day of calories, but I weigh more today. I know it will take some time. In addition, I did not weigh on my official scales which has the app and bluetooth to my phone so it doesn't count. Only weigh on that once a week.

Fab Five

Got in a quick run/walk today. 2.05 miles 14:01 pace. If I could get that pace for that distance down to about 12:30 I would be very pleased. At my age that may not be doable. My goal this year is to find a real time 5k and see if I can beat 40 minutes. Last one I ran was 5 years ago and that was 27:25.
    Real Fan since 1958

27:25? I couldn't do that on a hover board.

I'm not much different on my old man slow jog walks either. I do like it better than just walking, though. I've tried the walking and I get bored with it unless I'm dictating things into a recorder and look like an idiot. I mean, more than usual.

Golf tomorrow with my son before he goes back to school. Played last week, just 9 holes but was fun. Not much exercise but you do get some walking in as bad as we play.