Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Fab Five

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    27:25? I couldn't do that on a hover board.

I'm not much different on my old man slow jog walks either. I do like it better than just walking, though. I've tried the walking and I get bored with it unless I'm dictating things into a recorder and look like an idiot. I mean, more than usual.

Golf tomorrow with my son before he goes back to school. Played last week, just 9 holes but was fun. Not much exercise but you do get some walking in as bad as we play.
    I can't stand to walk, but that's what I do mostly these days. I jog to get the activity over faster and burn more calories. I can jog about a mile and then I have to walk. The legs just give out. Then I alternate the jog and run. The lungs and heart feel like they could do more. For the last 6 months I try to get out 5 days a week and keep it between 2 and 3 miles most days. One day a week, I will try to get to 5 miles.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 01-06-2021 at 06:10 AM.
    Real Fan since 1958

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

I’ve started getting back in exercise shape.... it’s ridiculous, in just how bad of shape I’m in. It’s gonna take a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I’ve started getting back in exercise shape.... it’s ridiculous, in just how bad of shape I’m in. It’s gonna take a couple weeks.

Weeks????? This has become my life's mission.
    Real Fan since 1958

I'm gonna start next Monday. For sure...

3.04 miles slow, 37°. I don't do well in cold weather running, but so heavy and out of shape I've gotta do everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Weeks????? This has become my life's mission.
    Take a couple of weeks to get up to 40 minutes on elliptical or glider. I’d like to get back to under 12 minute miles, but I don’t want to have a heart attack doing it so I’ll take it slow.

I’m at 4 minutes now, Sunday I go to 8 minutes, by the end of the week I hope to be around 15 minutes. Once I get to 20 minutes I can start going a little longer each day.... I hope.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

3.04 miles slow, 37°. I don't do well in cold weather running, but so heavy and out of shape I've gotta do everything.
    What’s slow? How long for 3.04 miles.

What’s slow? How long for 3.04 miles.

13+. 41 total. I'm slow in the best of situations. Some hills but not bad today, just one of significance.

230.0 this morning. Ugh.

I started logging what I eat again this morning. That has been the only reliable way of me losing weight.

My plan is to establish a baseline for calories, and stick to it. And ignore the Lose It app when it adds calories I can eat because I exercised that day. I just don't believe that works.
    228.4 this morning. A good week of logging all my calories, keeping under a base (1800), increased water intake, and exercise. Goal is always under 200, but intermediate goal is 215 where I start to feel better. Until then, I feel heavy and sluggish.

228.4 this morning. A good week of logging all my calories, keeping under a base (1800), increased water intake, and exercise. Goal is always under 200, but intermediate goal is 215 where I start to feel better. Until then, I feel heavy and sluggish.
    Same for me, I’m at 230 and feel sluggish as well. I usually start feeling better below 220, I’d like to get to 200 but 210 will be a victory. Pounds won’t start going down for me until I get to twenty minutes on the machine.

Ms. boss isn’t helping the cause, she made lasagna last night. She makes a fine lasagna, in fact that’s what she used to set the hook when we were dating.

I'm at 581 calories so far today, which is a lot for what I usually do when I start logging calories. I usually eat a very low calorie lunch, no breakfast or a single egg, and maybe an apple or pear (if I skipped breakfast). Usually around 320 calories heading into the 6pm-7pm dinner time.

Tonight having turkey chili, tomato cucumber salad, and ½ turkey, bacon avocado sandwich from Panera Bread. Low calorie choices, but I will be hungry before going to bed...

Salad 90 calories
    Chili 200
    ½ sandwich, 340
    Total 630
    Water to drink.

357 calories thus far today, headed into dinner.

Fab Five

Salad 90 calories
    Chili 200
    ½ sandwich, 340
    Total 630
    Water to drink.
    Water, yes, of course.

Yesterday 10 minutes .77mi
    Today 10 minutes .81 mi

Just too cold for me to run outdoors right now. I don't do well in that weather.

I have a treadmill in the garage. I hate running on it. It's easier on my knees and there are no hills, but it's SO boring. I like looking at the trees, people watching, cars go by, squirrels, rabbits (saw 3 on one run in the Fall), occasional snake as long as it doesn't get too close to me, lakes (really ponds), etc.

They tell me that weight training is really good for weight loss, but I've never been one to do that. I have a set of free weights, kettle bell, dumb bells, weight bench, etc. there too, for my son, so I may consider that this winter, too.

It's January so my annual weight loss plan has begun. My goal is to lose 50 pounds and be walking about 4-5 hours/week before Mrs. BEvans and I go on vacation in mid-May. I'm using My Fitness Pal to track my food and exercise. Down 7 pounds so far.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I'm using My Fitness Pal to track my food and exercise. Down 7 pounds so far.
    I'm using the same phone and desktop app. My weigh-in is tomorrow or Saturday, but I'm 5.4 pounds behind your progress! You're doing great!

I SHOULD be shooting for 50 pounds. I have 2 goals at this point, and 3 altogether, I guess.

Goal # 1: Lose 15 pounds. I start to feel better at 215. That's a big one to me.
    Goal # 2: Lose 30 pounds. If I get there, I call that a major success. Haven't seen that number (200) in several years, though.

I'll be content if that's all I do, which will probably keep me from ever reaching Goal # 3. But...

Goal # 3: Lose 40 pounds. I don't think that will happen, but if I ever get to 190, that's a grand slam home run for me.

Those are great goals, Darrell. I will usually do well with a plan for 4-6 weeks then I start drifting. Last year I did well through Valentine's Day, but then we had a weekend of celebrating, I didn't get back with it and I lost focus after Covid hit. This year I'm trying to use Covid as a positive--we're not going out due to Covid, so I'm hoping that will help me stay focused.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

By the way, my driver's license still says 175. That's what I weighed when I got my driver's license as a 15-year old high school sophomore. (In Louisiana, you could get your license at 15 then, not just a permit). I never had it changed.

Unfortunately, my picture has changed since then .

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    It's January so my annual weight loss plan has begun. My goal is to lose 50 pounds and be walking about 4-5 hours/week before Mrs. BEvans and I go on vacation in mid-May. I'm using My Fitness Pal to track my food and exercise. Down 7 pounds so far.
    Same here as far as mid May vacation goal. I’ve had a FitBit for several years, I’m used to how it works and it gives me a good baseline to work against. I haven’t really lost any weight so far, but I don’t watch it that closely until I get closer to being in shape to go 30+ minutes 5 days/week. Watching calories kicks in first of Feb.

10 minutes .84 mi tonight, 10 minute mile is a long way away.... I’m still not convinced the FitBit is completely accurate.

228.0. Slow...

Fab Five

Went 2.05 miles yesterday. I mile running. Combined I was at 13:56 pace. Finally under 14. Goal is still to do a 5 k in under 40. That seems doable now. Maybe lower it to 35.
    Real Fan since 1958

That's terrific, Mick. You're getting back in shape quicker than most.

I usually exercise in the evening, is it better to exercise before dinner or after dinner??

Great job Mick!

2 weeks in, I'm down 9 pounds. Walked 30 min X 4 last week, increasing to 35 X at least 4 this week.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-19-2021 at 12:34 PM.

I usually exercise in the evening, is it better to exercise before dinner or after dinner??

Anybody?

I didn't seem to lose weight no matter when I exercised.
    Benn stuck at 232 forever...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.