Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Bombino

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Really really enjoying this one. Considered a bit of a dessert bourbon. Very strong flavors, best enjoyed with no ice no water.

Re: Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

BIL brought some Wellers to the party last night. First time I have tried it and it is not bad for a mid grade bourbon. Story is that Wellers is Pappy that is pulled before it is ripe. It is very smooth, but the flavor is not good enough to get me to leave EC.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Bombino

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    BIL brought some Wellers to the party last night. First time I have tried it and it is not bad for a mid grade bourbon. Story is that Wellers is Pappy that is pulled before it is ripe. It is very smooth, but the flavor is not good enough to get me to leave EC.
    Interesting to know. I'll have to try that.

Drinking the woodford Reserve Double Oaked again

If you like a sweeter very oaky bonbon this is damn tasty. Strong notes of vanilla, caramel, dark chocolate, currants, bananas.

Re: Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

We are just finishing a bottle of Midwinter's night dram. It's actually a rye out of salt lake city. Very good. Next up is a bottle of Smooth Ambler Contradiction out of W Va which I've sampled and prefer.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I'm trying the Woodford small cask next week.