Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Petraeus steps down

Petraeus steps down

...but everyone insists it has nothing to do with Bengazi and is all about an extramarital affair.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Petraeus steps down

Bill Clinton would be proud
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

That's really something that a guy will admit to having an affair to avoid telling the world he made the mistake of going to work for the Obamanator.

Quote Originally Posted by CattyWampus View Post
    That's really something that a guy will admit to having an affair to avoid telling the world he made the mistake of going to work for the Obamanator.
    "It's not about Bengazi, I swear I just killed a guy!"

Damn shame. He was a career army office with 37 years of excellent service.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Does anybody here actually believe the real reason he stepped down is because he had an affair? This is the next best thing to Executive Order to cover the presidents ass concerning Bengahzi. Its called falling on the sword for your COC and any good army officer would do it. Shocking isn't it that he won't be called before congress now. What a fortunate coincident for the administration.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

To answer the question, I do not believe it, and they could have come up with a better story.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Unforgettable

Is there any reason he could not still be called before a committee? or speak in private to any of them? I don't see why someone cannot speak to any member of the house pertaining to something they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Does anybody here actually believe the real reason he stepped down is because he had an affair? This is the next best thing to Executive Order to cover the presidents ass concerning Bengahzi. Its called falling on the sword for your COC and any good army officer would do it. Shocking isn't it that he won't be called before congress now. What a fortunate coincident for the administration.

Odds are he will eventually testify and is likely after a subpoena but he could do it voluntarily

Rupp's Runt

Bottom line here: he knows 'something' that is detrimental to the POTUS and his administration.
    Wouldn't surprise me if he was found dead in the next week or so as well.

Unforgettable

I read today that might be in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Odds are he will eventually testify and is likely after a subpoena but he could do it voluntarily