Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Favorite Christmas songs

Favorite Christmas songs

Of course, secular or sacred. I'm going to go with secular first...not that I couldnt name a bunch on the sacred side, too.

First, a whole album, Charles Brown's Cool Christmas Blues. He wrote, MerryChristmas Baby and Please Come Home For Christmas. A laid back, piano based blues album about Christmas

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000004BF/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 12-13-2015 at 11:13 PM.

TheBand's It Must Be Christmas
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 12-13-2015 at 11:14 PM.

Another blues tune but definitely on the secular side!
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 12-13-2015 at 11:15 PM.

"Wait a while, eternity..."
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 12-13-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Re: Favorite Christmas songs

Last edited by kingcat; 12-12-2015 at 10:29 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Can't wait to hear the bass singer in 10 years if, I am still drawing breath on this rock.

Home Free
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

The Christmas Song(Chestnuts roasting on an open fire), Nat King Cole version.

This year I've been really enjoying "A Christmas Gift For You from Phil Spector" with a lot of the girl groups on it like The Rosettes, The Crystals, etc. My favorite on that is the original "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by Darlene Love.

Overall, my favorite Christmas song is "O Holy Night," and my favorite version is by Josh Groban.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Honestly I really like the parody songs more than the real ones. "I am Santa Clause" is a redo of I am Ironman, or "Santa and his Old Lady" by cheech and chong. What can I say, there's something wrong with me.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Will try from computer
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 12-12-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Fab Five

Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt

Runner up Mahalia Jackson singing O Holy Night.

I should have added my all-time favorite Christmas song, Christmas in Dixie! I like the version by the Blind Boys of Alabama.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 12-14-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Oh, man...just returned about an hour ago from the Alabama Theatre where the Alabama Winds put on an outstanding Christmas performance. Wow.

They invited the Oak Mountain middle school and high school choirs to perform a couple of songs with them, but it was truly all about the Winds (obviously, I enjoyed my daughter's choir being part of it, but don't tell her the band was the thing this evening.)

I was pleased when the Hallelujah Chorus had the audience still standing. Not sure that tradition will survive, but it was the 2nd time in a week the audience had complied. (OMHS had a Christmas concert at Meadowbrook Baptist Church earlier where they sang that, too).

I love all the Christmas songs; hard to find favorites. Depending on the mood, I like catchy, quick songs; or slow, solemn ones, or parodies, or whatever. Hard to find one I don't like. I take that back--I don't like any of them in October.

My daughter sang, "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" this week as part of the Christmas Concert. Unfortunately, they had issues with the microphone and acoustics, and the only five people that sang individual songs did it before the true "concert" started, so you still had people walking around. But I figure I ought to share that here, even with those caveats. I really enjoy her singing about anything, but she'd kill me if she knew I posted this "poor" performance here.

Don't judge.

We won't tell her. I may email the link, but I won't call.

I wrote a parody of Winter Wonderland during assembly in high school, where they handed out lyrics to a number of such songs for singing that day.

My version was about the rise of a neo-Nazi fascist state after a nuclear winter. It was good. I've been twisted a long time.

Oh, and if that's her worst performance we need to book her flight to California.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Favorite Christmas songs

Lil Drummer boy

Oooops lost the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Lil Drummer boy

Oooops lost the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try this one. ;-)

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.