Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Almost the victim of the "widowmaker..but I survived

Almost the victim of the "widowmaker..but I survived

Yep, Ole kingcat had a heart attack. Strange, but it was lucky for me too, since they found a 99% blockage in the left main artery (yep, the widowmaker).

Performed a wrist entry heart cath' and put a stint in it,. and a balloon on another.

And here I am back home feeling better than I have in a while. Hope it holds.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Well that was me June 13th, the "LAD" got me.

I say all this to tell you there is a way back. I'm glad you made it to the cath lab and got fixed.

I started at rehab at 10 minutes of cardio--barely able to stay on a treadmill at "2"--and an 80/50 blood pressure and 40% ejection fraction.

On thanksgivng i ran/walked a 5k. Havent lost weight but I'm breathing better. i do 2hours of cardio 3 days a week now

Merry Christmas and no egg nog for you! Wishing you a a rehab of hard work and a diet of nothing but grilled broccoli and unsalted wood chips for years to come!
    Last edited by bigsky; 12-08-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Re: Almost the victim of the "widowmaker..but I survived

Wow, I'm glad to hear you're still with us and doing well! Best to you on your recovery!
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Wow, so glad you're posting this. You guys take care, please.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

Oh my, glad you are both okay. The widow maker got a guy I know. Healthiest guy ever. Ate well, jogged 3+ miles a day to try to avoid his genetics. None of that mattered.

Glad you're still around and posting. Stay well

Psalm 139-14 in the KJV Brother kingcat:

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well

Don't you forget to follow the old sawbones orders and take care of yourself, you hear?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Thanks gang.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Glad you are okay, Dave!

Unforgettable

WOW, Kingcat I am so glad they caught it and you are feeling better. Glad God decided He wasn't ready for you yet. Take care of yourself, He has given you another chance

Bombino

Damn, glad they caught it KingCat. Take care of yourself and focus on trying to get healthier. That goes for everyone on here, it just isn't worth it. We all could do better with our health, eating better (and less) and working out more. I don't want to lose anyone form this board.