Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Ruger ARX - Polycase ammunition

Rupp's Runt

Ruger ARX - Polycase ammunition

CBBN, or anyone else here.......has anyone here purchased and used, or even tested this new ammunition? Is this a twist on "frangible" ammunition? Or is it something totally different?
    Our agency amorer/Rangemaster and I have spoken about this ammunition, and he said he is going to contact Ruger to see about acquiring some for some Testing & Evaluation for our needs here at the Sheriff's Office.
    In looking at some of the basic specs for these rounds, they appear to be very lightweight and travel at very high velocities, with supposedly light recoil for faster target reacquisition. Some of the velocities stated match or surpass. 357 magnum velocities. But will it penetrate a car door or a vehicle windshield and strike a suspect with the necessary blunt force trauma to stop them behind such barriers?
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

Re: Ruger ARX - Polycase ammunition

Just spoke with our armorer, who just got off the phone with Ruger. Currently this round is only in production in .380 & .45 ACP calibers, with plans to produce rounds in 9mm & .40 caliber S&W. He does have us on the list to receive some for T&E when both become available. Said that Ruger is still hashing out some production details for the 9mm & .40 S&W.
    He asked them, and was told that these are not frangible rounds. About then dispatch called him on the radio so we didn't get to finish our conversation. As soon as I find out more I'll pass it along here.
    Those listed velocities though certainly have my interest picqued.
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

Re: Ruger ARX - Polycase ammunition

Specs for this ammo is: .380 - 56 grains - 1315 FPS.........9mm - 74 grains - 1540 FPS..........40 S&W - 107 grains - 1320 FPS..........45 ACP - 118 grains - 1307 FPS

Those are some very lightweight bullets, and some pretty decent muzzle velocities.
    MOLON LABE!

Fast and light.