Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 96 of 150 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Went to bed at 2 (after stewing about the UK game), up at 6:45, going to play trivia tonight after work. Think I'll be bringing my C- game.

(Kind of like UK last night.)
    Well, I missed a couple of easy ones but did contribute some answers (what's the scientific symbol for Mercury, what's antidisestablishmentarianism) that no one knew, so I guess I acquitted myself OK. We finished 2nd and made enough $ to cover our tip.

In Nashville yesterday where it was sunny and 70, thinking about how much fun BBN will have in Nashville next week. This morning where I live, 39 and sleeting.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Foggy...need coffee....
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

It is yesterday right? My watch must be wrong
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

I'm still mixed up.

Last Post Wins

I took a three hour nap on Sunday. Did the time change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Just a thought but are you really a UK fan if you pick UK to lose all the time?
    It excites you when they lose.

Still chasing that hour that is lost.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Just a thought but are you really a UK fan if you pick UK to lose all the time?
    It excites you when they lose.
    Who?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Just a general statement.

Has to be Jerry Tipton
    seeya
    dan

Was hoping that was the winning last post!

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Was hoping that was the winning last post!
    That one lasted like, a minute!

Last Post Wins

Marco’s Pizza is pretty tasty...

*placeholder until I can think of something to put here. Still symptom-free? Nah, too morbid and depressing, and tempts fate. Maybe we’ll get hit by an asteroid today and this is actually the last post ever!
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Some light reading: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mendel. It tells the story of a world where 99.9% of humanity is killed by a virus called the Georgia Flu. The main characters are in the Great Lakes region.

OK, maybe read it after we're finished with the Coronavirus. But I read it a few years ago and it was really good.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 03-12-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Some light reading: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mendel. It tells the story of a world where 99.9% of humanity is killed by a virus called the Georgia Flu. The main characters are in the Great Lakes region.

OK, maybe read it after we're finished with the Coronavirus. But I read it a few years ago and it was really good.
    I just placed a hold on it on my small little library. I didn't pay attention to the estimated time for it to be available, but it could be several months. Thanks for the recommendation. Looks like I'll be reading rather than watching sports events.

Did you read Alas, Babylon when you were in school? I had it assigned, and my kids did, too, but my wife did not. Along the same lines of this book.

^No but I'll check that out.

I've also not read The Stand, because 823 pages. That's a commitment.

Last Post Wins

It involves a fictional nuclear war and the aftermath. I really enjoyed it when I read it. My kids, not so much. Have heard it's hit or miss with people.

So without sports what are we going to talk about? Books? Contemplate the meaning of life? I’ve never really thought about what life would be like without sports, and so much of our culture and consumerism is based on it. Feels weird so far.

I would take a walk but it’s storming out :/

We're old guys. (Well, I am.) We'll talk about the weather, same as always.

Last Post Wins

You would think I could bust it on work, but I've been so unproductive today.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    You would think I could bust it on work, but I've been so unproductive today.
    Could go the other way. I always worked harder to get a lot out of the way so I could get home quicker to watch certain games while recording others.

Now then, no reason to work harder to get extra stuff done, nothing to race home to watch or record.

Enter Chicken Little

They just turned off the nader watches but upped the flash flood warnings
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Be easier to swim if the wind isn’t blowing

So no tournament, no Keeneland. Lexington just went from one of the best places for spring in the whole country to decidedly boring.

And so far those infected with Wuhan flu don't even become zombies. Boring boring boring.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Jefferson Co. Public Schools (Louisville) are starting a three week spring break Monday. At least.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Jefferson Co. Public Schools (Louisville) are starting a three week spring break Monday. At least.
    BG and Warren Co kicked the kids out for an extended spring break starting today. I think it is a 3 week break like Jefferson Co.
    seeya
    dan

It’s raining again (sung to the tune of Its Raining Men).

Going to save time if we just post when it's NOT raining. lol.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain