Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 9 of 150 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

LMAO!! I'm just getting started girlfriend!

Darrell I'll send it in the morning. It's on the upstairs computer. It's a long walk.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Oh the humanity!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

This image and the one previously posted were uploaded from the hard drive on this PC. In the quick reply box below, I selected the icon for insert image. Then made sure to select insert image from computer. Then I clicked on select files which opened up my pictures folder. I selected the image by highlighting that file then clicked open. That put the file in the insert image box. I then clicked the upload image button the saved the post and voila it appeared. Both of these images had been resized for posting on the internet or sending via email and saved to my hard drive. File size is about 150-180K. I will try to upload a file that has not been resized next.

IMG_7361.jpg
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 01-09-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I have not nailed it down exactly but it looks like the file size has to below 500K and it may even be below 250K. Most of the images I have stored are 2 meg and above.

CBBN is there anything in the Vbulletin manual that specifies the maximum file size that can be uploaded?
    seeya
    dan

I posted a 1.1mb pic earlier in the thread.

Darrell, I just sent you two screenshots of what uploader is telling me. I tried both from computer, then the basic uploader.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I posted a 1.1mb pic earlier in the thread.
    Hmmm, have not been able to do that yet.
    seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I have not nailed it down exactly but it looks like the file size has to below 500K and it may even be below 250K. Most of the images I have stored are 2 meg and above.

CBBN is there anything in the Vbulletin manual that specifies the maximum file size that can be uploaded?
    I can set limits in the software, but early on I raised it to something pretty high.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    Darrell, I just sent you two screenshots of what uploader is telling me. I tried both from computer, then the basic uploader.
    Send me the pics by email. I will post them and screen shot every step. Maybe there's something still being lost in the translation, although I confess, I'm at a loss to figure what.

I blame Citizen. No reason, but he does play with guns.

The above pic isn't a particularly large one (168kb), but I used it to create these steps. I am certain you're doing everything right. But out of an abundance of caution, here are the 8 steps, all with screenshots. Hang on.

Step 1.jpg

Step 2.jpg

Step 3.jpg

Step 4.jpg

Following same steps as above. Two pics from the incomparable CGWildcat. Second pic is 585kb.

NicR.jpg

1_2_2_Elliott 2089.jpg

now that pic you guys can quote all you want.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Every step is identical to what I've been doing. When I get to step 6, I get "File is too large, must be reduced xxkb amount..." I reduce and then its still too big.

I also just went to my Flickr page and tried uploading from URL, with "Invalid File" message.

Sorry guys.

Last Post Wins

Every step is identical to what I've been doing. When I get to step 6, I get "File is too large, must be reduced xxkb amount..." I reduce and then its still too big.

I also just went to my Flickr page and tried uploading from URL, with "Invalid File" message.

Sorry guys.
    First, I have no idea what to do now on the standard posting a photograph. It makes no sense to me. I think we have exhausted pretty much everything.

But on the 2nd issue, there is a small trick to posting from URL we may as well try. I will get an error message, if I do not uncheck the box. I don't remember what the box is, but if it is checked, as it is by default, you will not be able to post.

Again, I am not in front of a computer, so it is not easy for me to show, but you may want to try that again and uncheck a box. I will post screenshots later if this is too confusing.

2.13 meg

file is too large message
    seeya
    dan

I figured it out!!!! I went into my settings. On the left side bar, Miscellaneous - Attachments. All my previous pics I've posted in threads from when I joined were sitting in there and taking up 1.91 MB of space. I deleted them and boom, I can upload a new pic!!

Last Post Wins

Yay! Great pic!

Darrell this is the language next to the check box....

Retrieve remote file and reference locally
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Darrell this is the language next to the check box....

Retrieve remote file and reference locally
    Thanks, Dan. It needs to be unchecked.

Whatever works Coastie, but I checked those settings for me, and there is 3.89 meg sitting there. One difference may be that 99% of that 3.89 meg is from images I linked to on the net that is not taking up server space here.
    seeya
    dan

Good point Dan! I'll try linking from URL also on next post to see what happens.

Thanks everyone! Especially Darrell, for working through this with me. Tell Mick to buy you a coffee for me.

Whatever works Coastie, but I checked those settings for me, and there is 3.89 meg sitting there. One difference may be that 99% of that 3.89 meg is from images I linked to on the net that is not taking up server space here.

I'm glad to try to help, Roger. Your pictures are so good, I would love you being able to post them for us from time to time. We all enjoy them.

I would also highly encouraged others to check out your entire site, and as you have some terrific images. Whatever you post here is just a small sample, but we appreciate it.

Yay! Great pic!
    now this pic isnt showing up for me. It shows a link "Attachment 5242" when I click on it this message comes up.....

vBulletin Message
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator