Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 88 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

I'm thinking of doing a mural on the side of my building, but need something professional, not the way out stuff going around these days. I sell finery, art, etc., not bongs, booze or whatever else such places purvey.

There's one down in the distillery district here that is the full side of a 5-6 story building, old warehouse, and it's cool but also disturbing. Restaurants and bars can get away with that, but not me.

I'm thinking horses, our logo, that kind of thing.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm thinking of doing a mural on the side of my building, but need something professional, not the way out stuff going around these days. I sell finery, art, etc., not bongs, booze or whatever else such places purvey.

There's one down in the distillery district here that is the full side of a 5-6 story building, old warehouse, and it's cool but also disturbing. Restaurants and bars can get away with that, but not me.

Google
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en-...foy1WFy7Do-Y4M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

3D
    https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...source=sh/x/im

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

seeya
    dan

That one is amazing. Flat amazing.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

My kids bus is 1/2 late in this heat due to the Trump motorcade downtown.

Presidents do snarl traffic something awful. Most of Lexington's south side came to a standstill when he came in for Barr last year.

Disappointed in my fellow Russell Red Devil:

BRC.jpg
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Just stay in that chair. Please no more Achy Breaky or Old Town whatever.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Disappointed in my fellow Russell Red Devil:

BRC.jpg
    Get that nasty arnge off that big blue chair!!

One of my new favorite Twitter follows: The Brimley/Cocoon Line, celebrating those who have reached the age Wilford Brimley was (18,530 days, or about 50.8 years old) when Cocoon was released.

The last 3 mentioned on the feed: Weezer guitarist Brian Bell, comedian Margaret Cho, former rapper/current minister Montell Jordan.

https://twitter.com/BrimleyLine
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Put me on that list. I'm just about perfect for it by my math.

Last Post Wins

Bird season kicked off Sunday... we didn’t have a lot on the farm so I went to a public shoot... some how managed to knock down 8 sitting in close proximity to 150 or so of my new best hunting buddies.

Brimley was only 50 when they shot Cocoon?

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Brimley was only 50 when they shot Cocoon?
    That was my thought. He looked 75-80.

Brimley has that Perry Ellis DNA where he looks at least 15 years older than he actually is.

For the record, he was born 9/27/34 (1934, not 1834). Apparently working as recently as 2017:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000979/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

In Cocoon his character was married to a woman played by Jean Stapleton, who was 11 years older than him.

Anybody doing anything fun today? I'm having a root canal in 90 minutes. Can anybody top that?

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Anybody doing anything fun today? I'm having a root canal in 90 minutes. Can anybody top that?
    More fun than Coney Island!!!

I swear, I think the endodontist had partaken of his nitrous oxide. Spent the whole time laughing, telling jokes and cutting up. (Not really, but he was a kick.)

Chris McCallum, Scotty's son, for the Birmingham area folks. Actually had the whole procedure done in 30 minutes.

The one time I had a root canal, my tooth had hurt so bad for so long (it had abscessed while I was away on a week-long business trip) that it was actually a relief to get it done.

I’ve been going through replacing an old crown with an implant and it takes so many visits. On the first one he knocked out the old tooth (sounded like a construction zone). Then I had to go back and have the stitches taken out. The there was another brief trip to “test” the success of the surgery. Then he had to put the anchor in. I go back next week for one last check then I can finally go to my dentist, which should only take two trips. Geez

Been waiting for the weather to break so I can sow some white clover in my back yard. It’s 81 and beautiful out today but it’s supposed to be back up in the 90’s the rest of the week :/
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Are you a bee keeper?

I like to sow clover in the spring onto a fresh snow fall. as it melts the clover works its way thru the thatch and gets to the wet thawing dirt and germinates when it gets warm enough. Never had any luck sowing it in late summer or early fall unless I sowed it with a nurse crop like wheat in October
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 09-17-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Interesting. One of my brothers has a couple of hives but I’m just trying to establish some clover in my back yard. It’s a pain to keep grass growing back there, it’s mostly just weeds. I’m hoping I can at least get some going this fall and the sow some more in the spring.

I’ll have to remember the snow trick.

Last Post Wins

Impossible to grow anything on the surface of the sun, which is what it’s like here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Interesting. One of my brothers has a couple of hives but I’m just trying to establish some clover in my back yard. It’s a pain to keep grass growing back there, it’s mostly just weeds. I’m hoping I can at least get some going this fall and the sow some more in the spring.

I’ll have to remember the snow trick.
    Check with your seed supplier and make sure the white clover you are buying is "Ladino" clover. There are many "white clovers" avaiaable and all of them claim to be perenials but fail to perform well. Ladino may not be available anywhere in your area except for a farm supply business. Ladino is the clover that you see growing in pasture fields and it takes real effort to kill it once it is established.
    seeya
    dan

I just ordered a couple of little bags of Scott’s from Amazon—couldn’t find any locally. The bag says it’s Palestine strawberry clover. My back yard is only about 80’ X 25’ and each bag is supposed to cover 1,000 sq. ft. so hopefully I’ve got enough.

That is .05 acres and one would normally sow 2 # of Ladino clover on an acre so you would only need 1/10th of a pound. I do not think that a farm supply store could measure out a quantity that small, but if they could it would only cost you about 35 cents or you could buy a full pound for 4 or 5 bucks and have enough to sow your yard 10 times over.

Amazon sells 10 lb bags of coated see for about 50 bucks
    seeya
    dan

This is coated; each bag says 2# (half of which is the coating) and it says it’ll cover 1,000 sq feet. It’s just a little suburban back yard, not farmland. I wanted something with smaller leaves than the ladino.