Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 74 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    OK, so Winter Storm Warning for Louisville--4-6 inches of snow forecast for tonight.

First day of spring.

There's a scene in Patton where his headquarters is getting strafed and he grabs his gun and yells, "BY GOD, THAT'S ENOUGH!" That's the way I feel right now.
    I’m a little ticked, this heavy wet snow is perfect for sticking on metallic objects... like my satellite dish on the roof.

So I go out to get the neighborhood community extension ladder, it’s gone. After checking around the guy across the street lent it to someone outside the neighborhood, and it’s not worth going to get it just so I can watch NIT games.

Alas, I’ve got plenty recorded to catch up on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

OK, so Winter Storm Warning for Louisville--4-6 inches of snow forecast for tonight.

First day of spring.

There's a scene in Patton where his headquarters is getting strafed and he grabs his gun and yells, "BY GOD, THAT'S ENOUGH!" That's the way I feel right now.
    I blame you, Mister "Oh boy it's going to snow!!" guy all winter. First for wanting to EVER snow, and second for having apparently send in your request via snail mail, so it's starting a month or two late.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I'm having my spring auction this Saturday, selling a boat and a convertible etc. b/c it's a great time of year to sell it. Apparently unless it's still winter. Jeez.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Melatonin only goes so far...

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I blame you, Mister "Oh boy it's going to snow!!" guy all winter. First for wanting to EVER snow, and second for having apparently send in your request via snail mail, so it's starting a month or two late.
    Hey, this one's not on me. March comes around, I'm down with spring. Guess Mother Nature had other ideas.

Woke up to 6 inches here in Jtown, and probably had another 2 inches since then.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

I walked out to 8” this morning at 7:30, it’s still coming down. I’m guessing we’ll end up with 10”ish.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

The six inches on my patio table are probably down to about 1". If that.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

This week in Alabama we've had 9 tornadoes, hail, snow flurries and 80° temperatures.

Pass.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Helped friends move yesterday in 35 degree, sideways-blowing rain. I think they now owe me a kidney or something, so I've got that going for me.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 03-25-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

I don't have any friends or family I like that much.

Helped friends move yesterday in 35 degree, sideways-blowing rain. I think they now owe me a kidney or something, so I've got that going for me.
    I had my "Spring Outdoor" auction. The irony of hooking up and pulling a boat out for the sale, then putting it back, while scraping the ice off of it to get to the hitch, was not lost on me. I was also soaked to the bone, as you no doubt were too. I think LOuisville got a cold rain, we got this bizarre mix of rain, snow and sleet and I swear even a little hail.

Haven't had to cut my grass yet, and it's almost April. Not complaining, but this has been a weird March here in Kentucky.

Super 70s Sports is a great follow on Twitter. Funny and reminds me of a lot of 70s weirdness I'd forgotten.

Last Post Wins

Here comes Peter Cottontail...

Last Post Wins

Tough sleeping night in. As in, it ain't happening.

Yep, got up early (around 5:00ish) to start the ham.
    Two church services and then back to destroy the feast that has been prepared by Grammy.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last week spent traveling with son on college visits. He's a junior, but may have a difficult time picking a school for a variety of reasons.

In the meantime, my Dad's second wife (married after Mom passed) has had a tough time, and was in the hospital with a collapsed lung....misdiagnosed initially and treated differently while she suffered along. She was in the hospital until Tuesday.

Dad was taken by ambulance to the Union City hospital later in the week, then taken by helicopter to the Jackson hospital related to a problem he was having. Still in the hospital, but yesterday they figured they isolated the problem, diagnosed it, and fixed it.

Meanwhile one of my cats was limping Saturday and looked worse yesterday, so we took him to the emergency veterinarian clinic (thank you, guys) so they could take care of him. He's an inside-outside cat (our only one of four), and have to keep him inside for the next ten days while his paw heals may be difficult.

Add in all the other "normal" stuff with children (dating phenomenon, Spring Break, job interviews, moving contemplated out of state) and work stuff, and finals coming up for classes in a few weeks, and it's been a busy time.

NAM weather model snow forecast through Saturday 7am EDT:

OK, by gosh, now that's enough.

Last Post Wins

NAM weather model snow forecast through Saturday 7am EDT:

OK, by gosh, now that's enough.
    Good time to get grass seed and straw down, then throw a few inches of snow on top...

Last Post Wins

3:48. 4 hours sleep ain't enough!

Last Post Wins

Looks like spring should finally get going later this week.

She is sure taking her sweet time getting here since we have been snowing (not sticking) all day here in VA. Good news is it will be 80 on Saturday.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    She is sure taking her sweet time getting here since we have been snowing (not sticking) all day here in VA. Good news is it will be 80 on Saturday.
    My daughter’s husband got stationed in VA Beach. They moved their family there from Chicago in December... so far they really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    My daughter’s husband got stationed in VA Beach. They moved their family there from Chicago in December... so far they really like it.

It is 4.5 hours from me but I am there for an HFMA conference every September. Love it down there. If you get a chance, visit them during the Neptune Festival. 3 stages going every night usually with some type of music you like and even reminise about

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    It is 4.5 hours from me but I am there for an HFMA conference every September. Love it down there. If you get a chance, visit them during the Neptune Festival. 3 stages going every night usually with some type of music you like and even reminise about
    Thanks for the heads up... I’ll be there sooner or later, possibly mid-summer.

This is like one of those graphs showing the possibility of winning at 99%....and then having it ripped away from ya! Sorry, Blueboss.

Was going to start a thread, "what I learned today," and decided this would be a better place to put it. I have an inexpensive Timex Expedition watch that has a "stopwatch" or chronograph feature on it. Has the normal hour and minute dial, and a small 60 second dial, and those three hands are for normal time. It also has two additional dials--one for tenths of a second, one for minutes, and then the large "second hand" rotates around the large dial. So there are six hands total.

Anyway, it was a little frustrating because the tenths of a second hand never reset perfectly to zero. It was always a notch below (actually not tenths, but really 1/20th of a second, as there are half demarcations between the tenths). So I had to "manually" calculate any time I timed anything...not that it mattered, as i just timed silly stuff, but it was a bit irritating.

Then somehow the long second hand wouldn't reset to zero, but to something like seven seconds before 0 (or 60). That was frustrating. I was about to just get rid of it, and I accidentally ran across something on the internet--instructions on how to recalibrate.

Apparently, it's not a big deal. You just pull out the crown to the first position, then stagger-step one of the hands, then stagger-step the other hand using the other push button. Then you pull the crown out to the second position, and stagger-step the third hand as well. Easy-peasy, all now reset to zero.

I feel like I have a new watch. Now rather than listening intently to the priest this weekend, I'll probably be timing his homily. Hey, it's better than using one of my mechanical stopwatches, isn't it?

Last Post Wins

I was just about to start another thread proclaiming myself as the winner...

Damn watch.

I overslept for the first time since I can remember.
    I hate that...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

I under slept for the millionth time. Oversleeping sounds wonderful.