Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 73 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

So today's one of those "sneaky cold" days you get in March. Grass is greening up, birds are chirping, sunny skies...and you walk outside and the wind cuts right through you.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

It's very sunny today and pretending to be warm (57 degrees currently)--I like wearing short sleeve shirts, and I am wearing one. But I'm going to a soccer game tonight at 7pm, and have to watch to make sure I don't just grab a light jacket and pretend it's good. It may drop into the upper 30's by nightfall/2nd half of the game tonight, and it can be darn cold wearing a short sleeve shirt and a jacket when you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    So today's one of those "sneaky cold" days you get in March. Grass is greening up, birds are chirping, sunny skies...and you walk outside and the wind cuts right through you.
    So true. Looked lovely outside, checked the temperature and it was 41. Brrr....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Gotta love the sunshine today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Kindle owners (or those who use the Kindle app): Amazon is offering 2 months of their Kindle Unlimited Service for 0.99.

https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/pr...7Ctheinventory
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I'm wearing a short sleeve polo shirt today, no jacket, and I'm fine. But in the evenings, I'm getting cold going to games outside. Still haven't figured out how to properly layer when I'm already wearing clothes that make me comfortable indoors. I guess I'm going to have to just change clothes.

You'd think a dry-fit type wicking short sleeve shirt, with a couple of layers over it and a final jacket would work, but I've been downright cold. Of course, I think some of it are the pants I wear--dress pants or dress casual pants are always thinner than, say, blue jeans and that's probably part of what is making me cold. But my arms and chest are still colder than I'd like, too, and this isn't cold weather yet.

Walked the dog in 60 degree weather Tuesday evening, walked her in a snow shower yesterday morning. C'mon, March, quit being stupid.

What the heck? How'd this winter storm sneak up on us? 1-3 here in Louisville, 3-5 in Hardin County, 5-8 in Lexington?

What the heck? How'd this winter storm sneak up on us? 1-3 here in Louisville, 3-5 in Hardin County, 5-8 in Lexington?
    No idea, but it's coming down in buckets of snow right now. I thought it would be too warm to stick, but boy I was wrong. Not sure much is happening tomorrow work wise, at least not early.

now saying 5 inches in Lexvegas, you hearing 5-8? Wouldn't surprise me, it's coming down hard. At least a couple of inches already on the ground here.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Got maybe half an inch that didn’t melt and stuck to my lawn. Schools open normal schedule. Sounds like Lexington got a lot more tho.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    No idea, but it's coming down in buckets of snow right now. I thought it would be too warm to stick, but boy I was wrong. Not sure much is happening tomorrow work wise, at least not early.

now saying 5 inches in Lexvegas, you hearing 5-8? Wouldn't surprise me, it's coming down hard. At least a couple of inches already on the ground here.
    That's what I saw on the Weather Channel. How much did y'all get?

That's what I saw on the Weather Channel. How much did y'all get?
    Looks like 4-5 inches for sure.

Not a bit in the very northern part of the state.

I like snow and we've got some good March hits before--in fact, we're at the 25-year anniversary of the March 1993 superstorm that laid down over 2 feet of snow in parts of Kentucky (less as you went north). Back in March 2008 we got about 8 inches in Louisville.

rsz_untitled7.jpg

But this time of year I start thinking about warm weather and get bummed out by snow. Good news is it won't stay around for long. Roads were pretty good this morning.

Guess we got about an inch in Jeffersontown, but sharp increase as you went south into Hardin County--about 4-5 inches.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 03-12-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Looking at some of the cars I had to scrape off I think more like 6-8 inches here locally. It was at least 6 on the cars. Roads are good now thanks to temp and the sun, but lots of snow everywhere else.

I think I just had the ending of The Karate Kid ruined for me:

Saw a guy on Twitter make this comment: if the rules for the All Valley Karate Championships said no kicks to the face, how did Daniel Larusso win by delivering a crane kick to the face?

I think the lesson here, as always, is to avoid Twitter.

Saw a guy on Twitter make this comment: if the rules for the All Valley Karate Championships said no kicks to the face, how did Daniel Larusso win by delivering a crane kick to the face?

John Higgins was the official.

In Kyokushin Karate, kicks to the head are legal but punches are not. Depending on the type of karate, and the type of tournament, the kick was legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    In Kyokushin Karate, kicks to the head are legal but punches are not. Depending on the type of karate, and the type of tournament, the kick was legal.
    Thank you--you just restored my belief in the magic of the cinema.

Last Post Wins

Speaking of karate, this Saturday my 7 year old grandson will be testing for his temporary black belt in tai kwon do...

He’s really pretty good...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Buffalo must have stayed on standard time instead of saving time so that 7:00 tip off against Arizona felt more like 9:00 than 10:00. But then Arizona stays on standard time all year so it would have felt like 6:00 to them. I'm so confused.

Last Post Wins

2:55 am

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Buffalo must have stayed on standard time instead of saving time so that 7:00 tip off against Arizona felt more like 9:00 than 10:00. But then Arizona stays on standard time all year so it would have felt like 6:00 to them. I'm so confused.
    It didn't work. They were confused, too.

It’s gonna be hard going back to work until Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    It’s gonna be hard going back to work until Thursday.
    I'm trying to get as much work done today as possible, as it gets closer to Thursday, my work efficiency is going to be shot to heck.

Not helping waking up in the middle of the night...

Have you guys having trouble with insomnia tried Melatonin? I've never tried it but hear it helps.

Last Post Wins

Have you guys having trouble with insomnia tried Melatonin? I've never tried it but hear it helps.
    Take it nightly and have for a few years. I don't think it hurts anything, but it's not a panacea for me. My 18-year old daughter has started taking it and thinks it works well for her.

OK, so Winter Storm Warning for Louisville--4-6 inches of snow forecast for tonight.

First day of spring.

There's a scene in Patton where his headquarters is getting strafed and he grabs his gun and yells, "BY GOD, THAT'S ENOUGH!" That's the way I feel right now.