Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 69 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Exciting trip. No such plans for this kid anytime soon.

I got the usual; some clothes and miscellaneous. My wife asked me to pick out the heated vest I wanted, but my interest in it kind of waned. Assuming I attend a cold Music City Bowl Friday, I'll regret not doing anything there.

Bought my wife the Movie Pass (for two), so I guess that counts as a gift for me. Wife picked these pair of bluetooth earbuds for me. She knows I like Anker and Aukey brands of just about anything, and after two days of listening on these, I'm really happy. Has a 12.5 hour battery. I *can* use these for exercising, as they have the hooks and really fit well, but the idea is for these to be my "around the house" bluetooth headset, and use the "neck" ones without a wire for exercising. Also pleased with this pick of a laptop table. It wasn't one of the ones I was looking at, but after looking at the reviews, it looks pretty darn close to perfect for what I needed. It was an "Amazon's Choice," which I think she's starting to rely on a lot.

Had 1,361 reviews, which is a good sign on a product like this, but I had to chuckle a bit at one of the questions & answers. The question was "does it wobble?" I looked at three videos of it, and it's a lightweight portable stand. It WILL wobble. I wouldn't use it for typing eight hours a day. But six of the seven answers claimed it didn't wobble, but the last one said it didn't wobble, but there was some "back and forth movement." lol--I get that it's tolerable, but why not just say, "a little, but it's not a big deal."

It doesn't wobble, it just moves back and forth when you type. Uh, yeah.....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I got 3 dropped bullets from Gettysburg, in a nice little display case and a card listing the type of each bullet and saying they had bean found in Gettysburg.

I also received a set of used Civil War Centennial postage stamps from the early 1960s.

I think I already have the stamps, but for these 2 gifts, it really is the thought that matters most. This came from my brother and his wife and it pleases me to no end that they bought me Civil War related items. I realize it has to be difficult to shop for me, smother choice was outstanding.

Flounder I have to remember to let you know when I sell some Civil War stuff I've taken in. Still researching it.

Anyway, honestly there's little I want you can buy in a store. I rarely get gifts and that suits me fine. Just don't need much, and what little I need I don't need right now, so I'm all good.

Now if anyone wants to gift me a vacation home in the Keys, you talked me into it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Been a couple of weeks but insomnia strikes again.
    Must be the excitement of today, and knowing I have to work...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Your insomnia beat mine. I awoke at 4 a.m. Thought I might go back to sleep. Fought it until 5:30, got up and ate a bowl of cereal. Paid my property taxes online, called the mechanic and told him why I dropped off my son's car and where i placed the key, visited with my son before he went to the vet to take care of the animals early this morning, read twitter, the news from twitter, and here. Thinking about going back to bed and getting rest soon before it gets too late to do it.

At least it is consistent.
    Sigh...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Sorry, Pappy. I have had some good fortune recently over the holidays in waking up at 3 or 4, getting up for a couple of hours, then going back to sleep for a couple of hours without having to worry about heading into the office. That will soon change, unfortunately.

Actually slept like a baby last night.
    Go figure...

Last Post Wins

Have a feeling this will keep me from sleeping well tonight.

Shagging balls my son was kicking, trying to run like I'm 17-years old, I went from turf to the edge of a blacktop jogging path and tripped and went flying. Fortunately it was 26° and I was wearing tough jeans and gloves or else it could have really been painful.

You can't tell from the pic, but there's a nasty knot on the knee where it has swollen pretty good. Think I better have an extra glass of champagne or two tonight.

Last Post Wins

I’m too terrified to fall asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Have a feeling this will keep me from sleeping well tonight.

Shagging balls my son was kicking, trying to run like I'm 17-years old, I went from turf to the edge of a blacktop jogging path and tripped and went flying. Fortunately it was 26° and I was wearing tough jeans and gloves or else it could have really been painful.

You can't tell from the pic, but there's a nasty knot on the knee where it has swollen pretty good. Think I better have an extra glass of champagne or two tonight.
    Dang, that is going to hurt today.

It doesn't feel good, but not quite as bad as I anticipated this morning.

Last Post Wins

3:08 am

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Alarm went off at 5 a.m. Daughter back to college. May go back to sleep but decided to see her off, eat breakfast, catch up on Hall of Fame Game Contest standings and such first.

Last Post Wins

Alarm went off at 5 a.m. Daughter back to college. May go back to sleep but decided to see her off, eat breakfast, catch up on Hall of Fame Game Contest standings and such first.
    DIITM

If it's going to be cold (and man, is it cold) I'd like to see some snow. We've had 0.2 inches of snow total in Louisville so far this season. Parts of Florida have had more snow than us. Today Savannah's going to get 3-5 inches of snow.

:kicking rocks:
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-03-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Even if you swept up all the dusting at my house you wouldn't get anywhere near 2". Its never too cold to snow obviously but I think there's something to that old saying in so far that its so cold there's very little moisture in the air.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    DIITM

Deshwal Institute of Information Technology and Management  

Last Post Wins

Now I’ve forgotten...

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    If it's going to be cold (and man, is it cold) I'd like to see some snow. We've had 0.2 inches of snow total in Louisville so far this season. Parts of Florida have had more snow than us. Today Savannah's going to get 3-5 inches of snow.

:kicking rocks:
    I would agree, when it’s cold enough to snow there is no moisture, when there is enough moisture for precipitation it’s not cold enough.

Next week it’s supposed to warm to the upper 30’s, and guess what?? It’s going to rain for two days. I hate 38 and rain more than anything.

Yes, cold rain is the worst.

Chris Bailey says that even if it's plan rain, the surface temps are likely to be so cold from this deep freeze that it will freeze on contact, creating icy driving conditions. Fun, fun.

BTW, per Louisville met John Belski, these places in the South have had the same amount (now 0.3") or more snow than Louisville so far this winter:

Austin 1.3" 4 more times snow than Louisville this winter
    Laredo 1.3" 4 more times than L0uisville
    Corpus Christi 1.0" 3 more times than Louisville
    Corpus Christi suburbs 6.0" 20 more times than Louisville
    Houston 0.7" more than twice as much as Louisville
    Houston suburbs 4.0" 13 times more than Louisville
    Brownsville 0.3" Same as Louisville. It has only snowed 4 times since the 1800's there

LOUISIANA
    Baton Rouge 3.5" 12 times more than Louisville
    Baton Rouge suburbs 6.0" 20 times more than Louisville
    Lake Charles 2.1" 7 times more than Louisville
    Alexandria 2.1" 7 times more than Louisville
    Lafayette 1.7" almost 6 times more than Louisville

MISSISSIPPI
    Jackson 5.1" 17 times more than Louisville
    Hattiesburg 4.1" 14 times more than Louisville

ALABAMA
    Birmingham 4.0" 13 times more than Louisville
    Birmingham suburbs 10.0" 33 times more than Louisville
    Mobile 1.0" 3 times more than Louisville

FLORIDA
    Alabama-Florida state line 1.5" 5 times more than Louisville

GEORGIA
    Atlanta 2.3" almost 8 times more than Louisville
    Atlanta suburbs 11.0" 37 times more than Louisville
    Savannah 1.2" 4 times more than Louisville

SOUTH CAROLINA
    Charleston 5.3" 18 times more than Louisville
    Greenville 1.5" 5 times more than Louisville
    Florence 1.0" 3 time more than Louisville
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I just checked the NWS forecast for tonight in Lexington

What is "Mother F-ing Cold" in actual degrees? They didn't say.

3:01 express is right on time.

Having a heat wave. Currently 30 and sunny with a forecast high of 39 today. Supposed to be 63 and rain on Thursday and if Accuweather is to be believed, yesterday was the last day this winter we won’t climb over the freezing mark.

Last Post Wins

Now I remember... you referenced catching up in grading the KSR Hall of Fame Game.

At the time Dan Issel is the man was the winner of the previous game.

No winter weather here despite yesterday's warnings about ice and snow overnight.

Working. Egad, this sucks
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Jefferson Co. schools had a two hour delay this morning. There were some slushy spots.

^Personally, I was glad they were delayed. Roads were glazed in my Jtown subdivision this morning during normal bus time. I almost did a header walking my dog.

Warming up here, then going to turn cold this weekend. Son is in a soccer camp where he'll be wearing t-shirt and shorts in sub-freezing temperature Saturday and Sunday, then their soccer preseason run Monday morning in the 20's as well.

Fortunately, I have to attend none of it. But this is why I was interested in cold weather gear (when the games start in similar weather!)