Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 66 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Yes you are, aren't you?
    Someone's gotta be the evil twin.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

11,200+ pounds of fruit delivered. I'm so sore. Torn labrum in right shoulder, frozen shoulder in left shoulder, getting physical therapy on it before they do surgery on my right shoulder. Lifting 40-lb boxes is nothing for most people, but it hurt today for me.

Last Post Wins

11,200+ pounds of fruit delivered. I'm so sore. Torn labrum in right shoulder, frozen shoulder in left shoulder, getting physical therapy on it before they do surgery on my right shoulder. Lifting 40-lb boxes is nothing for most people, but it hurt today for me.
    Lifting "a" 40 pound box is no big deal for most people, but lifting 2800 forty pound boxes gets a little labor intense for anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Lifting "a" 40 pound box is no big deal for most people, but lifting 2800 forty pound boxes gets a little labor intense for anybody.

It's the one that fell on his head and caused him to volunteer for that job every year that's the problem.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

I just noticed, I went five days with a last post... that's at least a last post record.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Alas its not the last.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

If you are not last, you're first, so the saying (does not) go...

If you aren't the lead dog, the view doesn't change.

And the snow is always yellow.

I'm photographing a private wedding in Napa today. A good friend of ours is marrying her partner and we're thrilled for them both. However, the irony is not lost on our friend or myself, that I'm also taking a fruit salad for the reception.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    I'm photographing a private wedding in Napa today. A good friend of ours is marrying her partner and we're thrilled for them both. However, the irony is not lost on our friend or myself, that I'm also taking a fruit salad for the reception.
    I don't want this to turn political, but I couldn't resist mentioning this.

Roy Moore is the former Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court (twice), a former Etowah County Circuit Judge, and running for a senate seat in December. I'm sure most have heard about him.

Anyway, I know guys who went to school with him. (I actually know him, too, having been in his courtroom many times, in his chambers, etc. during one case many years ago). Anyway, there was this story that apparently is true. He was called on by his professor in school and he and the professor discussed the topics for an hour. At the end of the hour, the professor told him, "Mr. Moore, I've been teaching for 30 years. In all of my years of teaching, I've never encountered a student so mixed up and incapable of logical thought as you. I'm going to call you 'Fruit Salad' from now on."

And he did. The rest of the semester when he wanted to call on Moore, he'd say, "Fruit Salad," and expect him to answer, and he did.

So now I can't hear "Fruit Salad" without thinking of politics.

That's funny!!!

I don't want this to turn political, but I couldn't resist mentioning this.

Roy Moore is the former Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court (twice), a former Etowah County Circuit Judge, and running for a senate seat in December. I'm sure most have heard about him.

Anyway, I know guys who went to school with him. (I actually know him, too, having been in his courtroom many times, in his chambers, etc. during one case many years ago). Anyway, there was this story that apparently is true. He was called on by his professor in school and he and the professor discussed the topics for an hour. At the end of the hour, the professor told him, "Mr. Moore, I've been teaching for 30 years. In all of my years of teaching, I've never encountered a student so mixed up and incapable of logical thought as you. I'm going to call you 'Fruit Salad' from now on."

And he did. The rest of the semester when he wanted to call on Moore, he'd say, "Fruit Salad," and expect him to answer, and he did.

So now I can't hear "Fruit Salad" without thinking of politics.

Mid 50's and mostly sunny for the game tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Mid 50's and mostly sunny for the game tomorrow!
    Hope that means a lot of blue skies and blue in the seats!

Just because it's been 3 days.....and Darrell should not be allowed to win ever! Don't know why, just seems that a lawyer should not win, unless he's representing me.

Lawyers always win. They play a different game than their clients!

Possibly unpopular opinion: I could go for some good fruitcake right now. Listening to Christmas music and it would hit the spot.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

The Trappist monks in Gethsemani KY used to make an awesome fruitcake, the only one I've ever liked. My dad would lace it with bourbon. Yummmm

^Sure enough:

https://www.gethsemanifarms.org/fruitcake.aspx

Now the $38 question (the cost for their smallest order): do I want fruitcake that much?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Wow. Are they that much now? Better come pre-laced lol.

They used to make the best aged cheese but I think they stopped.

I've always wanted to try one of those.....who needs my address to surprise me?

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    ^Sure enough:

https://www.gethsemanifarms.org/fruitcake.aspx

Now the $38 question (the cost for their smallest order): do I want fruitcake that much?

Good fruitcake is delicious. But most of it is awful. No in-between.

Rumor of snow next week here in the Commonwealth. Up for a dusting to make it festive.

When I rule the world and can control the weather, these will be the seasons:

Day after Thanksgiving-Dec 31: Winter
    Jan 1-August 30: Spring
    August 31-Labor Day: Summer
    Day after Labor Day-Thanksgiving: Fall

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Rumor of snow next week here in the Commonwealth. Up for a dusting to make it festive.

When I rule the world and can control the weather, these will be the seasons:

Day after Thanksgiving-Dec 31: Winter
    Jan 1-August 30: Spring
    August 31-Labor Day: Summer
    Day after Labor Day-Thanksgiving: Fall
    How about:
    Jan. 1st-Jan. 15th winter
    Jan. 16th-March 31st cool spring
    April 1st-June 30th warm spring
    July 1st-Dec. 31st Autumn

9 years, 364 days until my next colonoscopy.

Should probably get one every year to be safe. OR every 3 months. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Should probably get one every year to be safe. OR every 3 months. You never know.
    Hey, I don't need to be in medical clinics any more than is absolutely necessary. Actually, they pretty much banned me from the facility after I could not negotiate the hospital gown.

True story. I couldn't figure out the dang thing. I know that would shock you all, but my mind just doesn't work with things like that. They preferred me not be naked, so they put it on me, wished me well, and said "somebody else will see you in 10 years."

That's what I tell the cops when I get busted naked. Tell them I just couldn't figure out the belt buckle and the pants just fell down on their own.

I hear several prominent Hollywood directors and news anchors have used that one in the past as well, but in different circumstances.

Last Post Wins

So, I'm in the Chicago area for the weekend. Visiting my daughter and her family. They are getting ready to move so she put me up at her bosses guest house in Lake Forrest... Wow!!!

Not quite Snowpocalypse hype, but temps turning down here in the Bluegrass with weather guys talking about snow chances this weekend.

Ugh.