Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 59 of 150 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Bombino

Re: Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Pedro, I'm with you on the Henry McKenna. I finally found a bourbon I'm happy with to replace the 12 year Elijah Craig you can't get anymore. Also a Heaven Hill product, its very similar to the EC in both taste and price.

I also picked up a small bottle of sippin' tequila. The wife looks at it and says she can't make margaritas with that! (Thank goodness.) She came home yesterday with more of the Brown and Foreman gasoline she uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Thanks to you both. Have been looking for a replacement for my sipping EC since they screwed the pooch with EC. Will be trying this one soon
    Glad you like it! I am getting ready to order a new bottle of it from the liquor store I use down in Cali (order a few bottles and even after shipping it is cheaper than here in WA). I have brought it to several parties and without fail the opinion is damn that is some tasty bourbon. Being a lower end single barrel, it does have some variability but it tends to vary from very good to excellent. I have heard some rumors that HH wants to get rid of the age statement. They consider it too bottom shelf of a product to be that high of a quality. We will see, but it would suck to lose this one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Sippin' tequila captures my interest. What make and model of that bad boy?
    I enjoyed the Tequilla 99,000 horas. A Mexican friend of my ex-wife brought it to a party and it was remarkably smooth. I am trying to get into some higher quality gins recently but having a hard time sourcing the ones that were recommended to me. Looking to try Bitter Truth pink gin as it is supposedly very good. I am also trying to find a source for Knoxville Wiskey Works Marble City Pink Gin. If anyone knows a source or would happen to be in Knoxville any time soon, please let me know. I'm not a huge juniper fan on its own, so I had my mind blown that there were other gins out there that didn't have that classic juniper note. So I figure I would dive in and try a few. At worst, I'll have some good gin for gin and tonics!
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 08-11-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Last Post Wins

.704 UGH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

So my good-hearted son decides to help a friend moved to Atlanta today and offers to catch a bus back to Birmingham. He misses the bus. Has a job interview in the morning. Good thing Greyhound has a 6 a.m. bus route to Birmingham, but that also means that Mom has a wake-up call for him at 4:30 a.m. Atlanta time, 3:30 a.m. his time. So that six days in a row I will get poor sleep. I'm just glad I'm not driving to Atlanta tonight.

I woke up at 2:30, as I knew my wife has set the alarm for 3:30 so that she could call him to make sure he was up and calling Uber to get to the bus stop. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I am operating on fumes today.

Last Post Wins

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Greatest round of golf ever....5'3, 52-year old Kim Jong-II. Shot 38-under par, including 11 holes-in-one, at the 7,700 yard championship course at Pyongyang.

Interestingly, it was his very first round of golf ever. I'm sure he got better.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Bought a set of wiper blades for my daughter's car. They had a line, so I wasn't going to let Wally World put them on; figured I'd do them myself. Wife wasn't happy (she knows my lack of mechanical ability).

Took off one--could not put the new one on. Then looked up--I bought the wrong one. Right size, but this particular brand did not provide front wipers for the CRV. She gave me several "I told you so" looks as I returned to the store.

Went and bought the right ones. Told the guy what I did, and asked if he'd put them on. He walked out with me, and couldn't remove the wiper. So I showed him how to remove it, taking 2 seconds to do it. He then put it on. So I'm at least their equal.

My son starts high school tomorrow. What happened?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

My son starts high school tomorrow. What happened?
    I move my youngest daughter into college tomorrow. That's crazy.

Last Post Wins

I move my youngest daughter into college tomorrow. That's crazy.
    I'm going to watch my daughter receive her masters diploma this weekend. Equally crazy... not that she's receiving her masters, but more because it just seemed like yesterday that she was five years old doing tap and ballet.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I'm going to watch my daughter receive her masters diploma this weekend. Equally crazy... not that she's receiving her masters, but more because it just seemed like yesterday that she was five years old doing tap and ballet.

Congratulations to her and to the family. It's terrific seeing them grow up.

Last Post Wins

Congratulations to her and to the family. It's terrific seeing them grow up.
    Thanks!! I couldn't be more proud.

They do grow up fast... which means I'm getting really old too.

Last Post Wins

Orthopedic guy told me yesterday he thinks I have two torn rotator cuffs. One the MRI has already confirmed.

Hope your day was better.

^

Wow, Darrell, that's rough. Do you know how that happened?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    ^

Wow, Darrell, that's rough. Do you know how that happened?
    I presume carrying his 27 kids on his back.

Two, seriously? And you go out and run and stuff with that? Well I'm worried about you, but you are one tough hombre too.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

I have a theory that it occurred when I fell through my attic ceiling. I grabbed the frame as I fell and was "successful" in catching both arms, but maybe at a cost. But that was considerably before my first symptoms, so who knows?

Clark Griswold is that you?

Bombino

Sippin' tequila captures my interest. What make and model of that bad boy?
    Pedro, I'm with you on the Henry McKenna. I finally found a bourbon I'm happy with to replace the 12 year Elijah Craig you can't get anymore. Also a Heaven Hill product, its very similar to the EC in both taste and price.

I also picked up a small bottle of sippin' tequila. The wife looks at it and says she can't make margaritas with that! (Thank goodness.) She came home yesterday with more of the Brown and Foreman gasoline she uses.
    So I changed directions and picked up a bottle of that tequilla (the Manik Anejo you recommended) and a bottle of mezcal. Upon recommendations of a mezcal fan on another site, I picked up Fidencio Clasico Joven (he gave me a list as there are a LOT of bad cheap mezcals, I chose one I could source locally). I have to say, the mezcal is like a more intense and rich version of the Manik Anejo. A lot of the same flavors found in the Manik Anejo are found in the mezcal but amped up (I found the Manik Anejo to have a minty flavor which the mezcal lacks, while the mezcal had more lime, melon type flavors and a richer smokiness). I have had both a few times since last weekend and really enjoy both of them. If anyone enjoys Islay Scotches, I believe you would REALLY enjoy the finer quality mezcals, very enjoyable sipping liquor.

A bit of background on mezcal. Mezcals are related to tequila in that they both use agave. That being said, tequila typically uses only a single type of agave. This agave is often grown on a farm. Mezcals, being more of a local drink use a wide range of types of agave (each giving its own flavors) and many cannot be farmed and must be sourced in the wild. Additionally, processing and production is very different from tequila. Mezcal uses a lot more hands on labor which results in the increased minimum price for any sort of quality (apparently the floor for sipping quality mezcal is around $30-40). The production process, the agave is harvested (by hand, often from people foraging for it), roasted in an open pit fire (to breakdown the starches and caramelize the sugars), the roasted agave is then stewed to soften and extract the sugars, after that it is fermented and distilled. Some mezcals are aged in oak barrels much like scotch, purists though insist that mezcal should only be joven because it gives the true flavors of the distillate and shows front and center the quality of the production (which aging can hide). So even high quality jovens (such as a Tobala-type Mezcals) can go for over $100 a bottle.

Here is the list I was told are solid quality entry level mezcals (I specified $40-60 range):
    • Pierde Almas Espadin (the recommenders top pick, if I could find it);
    • Fidencio Clasico
    • Wahaka Espadin
    • Various options from Alipus
    • Various options from Nuestra Soledad
    • Silencio "black bottle"
    • Del Maguey Chichicapa (a bit higher priced at around $70)
    • Del Maguey Minero (also around $70, another favorite on this list of the person recommending, but out of my price range and not available locally)
    • Del Maguey Vida or Pierde Almas La Puratita Verda (both designed for cocktails, not really sipping, probably your cheapest decent options)
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 08-17-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Very interesting, thanks for that. I know nothing about mezcal but I'm willing to learn!

Clark Griswold is that you?
    Very much so.

So...back from moving my daughter into her dorm. My 4th child to enter college, with one more to go. Funny, but all three of her older siblings are still in college in various stages as well--the first, with two more semesters remaining in an acute care/primary care nurse practitioner degree, the second after her 3rd degree (bachelor's in psychology, then an associate's degree in nursing, now a BSN, with two semesters to go), and my third still finding his way, in his 7th year of undergraduate, two classes away from graduating with an associate's degree in computer programming or some such nonsense. Seven or eight different majors for that wayward child.

As we left her yesterday, it just got all too real. She's the one I probably knock heads with more than any at home, very strong-willed, her presence always known, sort of life revolves around here. Got home last night and it was oh-so-quiet. Working at home this morning, and have just wandered around the house, looking--there's the chair she normally throws her bookbag--empty. There's where her musical theatre music binders normally go. Empty. There's where she hangs her keys on a lanyard, with her school ID, driver's license, etc.--empty.

Got a text from her last night that she had gone out with "friends" for pizza after auditions for plays (they had special permission to move in early because they are casting for the season yesterday), and that "five guys had hit on her already."

Felt happy and concerned at the same time.

Came home and spent an hour talking with my son about school (mainly), a photography class he's taking, and a little about soccer. Funny how much I realize how quickly time is passing, and how much I want to enjoy it.

First Saturday I have not had to work in a dog's age, an opportunity to sleep late and that pesky internal alarm clock just will not allow it...

I should be thankful to the Almighty that I woke up!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    First Saturday I have not had to work in a dog's age, an opportunity to sleep late and that pesky internal alarm clock just will not allow it...

I should be thankful to the Almighty that I woke up!
    Same. But I'm going to eat a bowl of oatmeal, read a little, and go back to bed, hopefully for another hour or two.

Last Post Wins

Ever get so much ice in your Tervis that the water won't come out?

Last Post Wins

Ever get so much ice in your Tervis that the water won't come out?
    I use a 30 oz Yeti (kids gave it to me for Father's Day a couple three years ago, because I think it is ridiculously priced) and two powder coated 30 oz Walmart brand Ozark trail ones that work just as well I got on clearance for $5 each. I almost always put too much ice in them, forgetting it keeps it cold all day regardless.