Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 58 of 150 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    That's one feisty cat! A squirrel could take quite a chunk out of something if he can get in a clean bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One of many he has secured. He's fat, over 20 pounds with a gut, but he is fast.

Re: Last Post Wins

My cat tried to remove my toes from my left foot last night. I was not amused. My in-laws really want our cat. They have UK tickets. there may be a deal coming.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    My cat tried to remove my toes from my left foot last night. I was not amused. My in-laws really want our cat. They have UK tickets. there may be a deal coming.
    I'll get them a whole bag of cats for UK tickets.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Pedro, I'm with you on the Henry McKenna. I finally found a bourbon I'm happy with to replace the 12 year Elijah Craig you can't get anymore. Also a Heaven Hill product, its very similar to the EC in both taste and price.

I also picked up a small bottle of sippin' tequila. The wife looks at it and says she can't make margaritas with that! (Thank goodness.) She came home yesterday with more of the Brown and Foreman gasoline she uses.
    Last edited by Catfan73; 08-08-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Pedro, I'm with you on the Henry McKenna. I finally found a bourbon I'm happy with to replace the 12 year Elijah Craig you can't get anymore. Also a Heaven Hill product, its very similar to the EC in both taste and price.
    Thanks to you both. Have been looking for a replacement for my sipping EC since they screwed the pooch with EC. Will be trying this one soon
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post

I also picked up a small bottle of sippin' tequila. The wife looks at it and says she can't make margaritas with that! (Thank goodness.) She came home yesterday with more of the Brown and Foreman gasoline she uses.
    Sippin' tequila captures my interest. What make and model of that bad boy?

I couldn't find much really intriguing but for my tequila-inexperienced palate what I got is pretty darn good....Manik anejo, 100% agave azul. I didn't even know that one could sip tequila until an uncle poured me a little bit of something from his private collection. I still prefer bourbon but this stuff will give it a run for its money and I haven't tried the really pricey stuff yet.

Last Post Wins

I couldn't find much really intriguing but for my tequila-inexperienced palate what I got is pretty darn good....Manik anejo, 100% agave azul. I didn't even know that one could sip tequila until an uncle poured me a little bit of something from his private collection. I still prefer bourbon but this stuff will give it a run for its money and I haven't tried the really pricey stuff yet.
    I have had it before as a guest, but forgot what it was. Appreciate the info. I quite enjoyed it. Bet I would like that, too.

There are a lot of good sipping tequilas. They all taste better with salt off a pretty girl's neck. Or whatever.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Car shopping since 4 am. Why not?

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Car shopping since 4 am. Why not?
    We're on our 2nd new Altima since April...

Last Post Wins

We're on our 2nd new Altima since April...

Altima is a nice car. And I am in a different market than you, looking for an inexpensive 10 year old SUV for my daughter. But I have had some poor luck with Nissan's recently. I was offered a Nissan Rogue today and told them I really wasn't interested because of the recent bout of poor luck I had had. Hopefully yours is all good. I like the cars.

Altima is a nice car. And I am in a different market than you, looking for an inexpensive 10 year old SUV for my daughter. But I have had some poor luck with Nissan's recently. I was offered a Nissan Rogue today and told them I really wasn't interested because of the recent bout of poor luck I had had. Hopefully yours is all good. I like the cars.

Not really what you're looking for but I'm selling an altima and a Nissan frontier pickup this Sunday. Pickup a little rough, was a farm truck, but altima is going to be a really good get for someone. Has hail damage but it's sound and interior is great. Great car if not interested in impressing people.

Last Post Wins

I've got a 97 Mercedes E 320 for sale. Thing is a tank and runs great, everything works. I was going to keep it forever but my dad doesn't need to be driving anymore so he's giving me his Avalon, and I don't need two cars.

Bought Mrs. boss the Altima in April which got totaled about 6 weeks ago. She was behind a stopped semi, he started backing up and smashed her into the vehicle behind her... basically pancakeing the car. Insurance company totaled it, I made 4K on it. She liked it so much we just replaced it with another one.

Last edited by blueboss; 08-10-2017 at 04:18 AM.

Last Post Wins

I've got a 97 Mercedes E 320 for sale. Thing is a tank and runs great, everything works. I was going to keep it forever but my dad doesn't need to be driving anymore so he's giving me his Avalon, and I don't need two cars.

Bought Mrs. boss the Altima in April which got totaled about 6 weeks ago. She was behind a stopped semi, he started backing up and smashed her into the vehicle behind her... basically starting pancakeing the car. Insurance company totaled it, I made 4K on it. She liked it so much we just replaced it with another one.

Yeah, totaled ain't much of the car's fault, is it?

I was reading on a car related forum and some guys were talking just today about the Altima and how good of a car it is. Not surprised you were happy.

Last Post Wins

Not really what you're looking for but I'm selling an altima and a Nissan frontier pickup this Sunday. Pickup a little rough, was a farm truck, but altima is going to be a really good get for someone. Has hail damage but it's sound and interior is great. Great car if not interested in impressing people.
    My wife would kill me if I lived close to you. I'm a sucker for a good deal on a pickup for sure, and the Altima would be a good backup car, too.

I visited a car dealership today I have bought cars from and sat down with their broker. I suspect he'll find something for me tomorrow.

I have no need for either, but will hate not bidding on them. Altima is nice, keyless ignition, rides great, good tires. Radio display is a little messed up and the exterior pitting (paint is fine, just dinged), but for $2-3K that's a great car. Frontier needs a bit more TLC under the hood, but I'm confident that truck will run for years for someone.

Last Post Wins

I'm a previous owner of both an Altima and a Frontier. The Altima was a good, solid car, nothing special but nothing wrong with it either. The Frontier was an early non-king or crew cab, and I got it with a bench seat. We gave it (literally) to someone at church that really needed transportation. I still miss that little pickup. Except when it's slick out and I would have to put about 200# of rock salt in back to get it to move lol.

Last Post Wins

I'm a previous owner of both an Altima and a Frontier. The Altima was a good, solid car, nothing special but nothing wrong with it either. The Frontier was an early non-king or crew cab, and I got it with a bench seat. We gave it (literally) to someone at church that really needed transportation. I still miss that little pickup. Except when it's slick out and I would have to put about 200# of rock salt in back to get it to move lol.
    Sounds like a fun little pickup I would have enjoyed. I've half a mind to make a trip this weekend. My wife would kill me.

Last Post Wins

Oooops .711

Last edited by blueboss; 08-11-2017 at 06:55 AM.

Bought Mrs. boss the Altima in April which got totaled about 6 weeks ago. She was behind a stopped semi, he started backing up and smashed her into the vehicle behind her... basically pancakeing the car. Insurance company totaled it, I made 4K on it. She liked it so much we just replaced it with another one.

I actually would pull the trigger on something like that for my daughter--safe and pretty darn reliable, if you ask me. I know repairs and maintenace would be a bear, but you can't have everything.

Just back from driving in the rain to Anniston, Alabama. My daughter and her fiance are catching a plane tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. Atlanta time to go to Miami and then a 3-day cruise. Apparently she forgot (or didn't realize she needed) her birth certificate. So I get a call at 10 p.m. asking if I can locate the original (notarized copy), which I do. They say they'll drive 3 hours to pick it up, and 3 hours back, but that made no sense, so I met them quasi-half way.

Fun. In a pretty good rainstorm at times.

Last Post Wins

I actually would pull the trigger on something like that for my daughter--safe and pretty darn reliable, if you ask me. I know repairs and maintenace would be a bear, but you can't have everything.
    I have spent very little on the Mercedes and I've found the cost for parts and labor aren't anymore than any other car. For instance about three years ago I had to replace the alternator, the total for parts and labor was around $225, breaks all around including rotors and sensors $250. The only other thing I've had to have replaced in the last five or so years were a couple of different coils they were around $100 for p/l. All three of those same repairs cost at least twice that amount on the Passat we traded.

I do need to replace the rear window drivers side power window motor. The guy at the place I take it to told me that it would be around $200, but it's all labor taking the door apart. The parts are like $30..

I have the same experience with my old Volvo, blueboss. Less expensive to repair than any other car I've owned. But I had "a guy" that specialized in those and BMWs, and that's all he did. I wonder if he was just better at it or something.

My in-laws have owned Mercedes for years. I have seen their repair bills and maintenance costs. They are more than what I usually spend for a car for my kids. Since a) I don't have "a guy," and b) my daughter will be out of town with the vehicle 9-10 months out of the year and have to rely on her for much of that, I couldn't risk it.

Also, I wonder if the older Mercedes are just better at being able to be repaired than the newer ones. I know that was the case with my 1992 Volvo. My mechanic told me a bunch of times how easy it was, and so I always told him that meant he couldn't charge me much, and then he'd realize how he screwed up.

Maybe it's just me but if it were for my kid I think I'd much rather have something a little smaller with low mileage than something much nicer with high mileage. I finally gave up my Audi A3 to the emissions cheaters. I thought long and hard about a Grand Cherokee but decided in the end to get something I wouldn't mind driving too much for about 3 years before giving it to my son (almost 15 now) so I bought a 3 year old Nissan Juke with 33k miles on it. It's FWD/variable AWD/full time AWD depending on what you want, has heated leather seats, etc. It's kind of small but it'll do until the new Broncos come out :P

Currently in the mix is a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 43,000 miles, but not available for 2 weeks even to look at (although I'm told it is fine), and a 2009 Toyota Rav 4 with 160,000 miles. Also sort of looking at a Ford Escape but not as thrilled with it.

Daughter is 5'1, and really likes the sitting up higher in the SUV, and I don't blame her, I do, too. And I like that it's a little bigger. Base models are fine; they don't need bells and whistles. The requirements: Reliable. Safe. A/C and heat work. Radio works.

Done.

Pretty much those are the requirements. Oh, and they need to be almost giving it away. Minor detail.

Put a deposit on the Cherokee if they need it to hold it for you. Pending your mechanic looking it over of course. Sounds like a steal. (Don't tell anyone at UL.)