Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 55 of 150 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    Does anyone else commute to their job 60 minutes on a good day, 120+ on a bad day?
    My commute is 10 minutes on a good day and 15 on a bad day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

8 minutes now. It's 2.5 miles through my neighborhood, or else it would be less.

Not anymore. My commute is normally about 65 steps to my office these days. This scenario has a ton of pluses but also a few minuses. Like the phone call during a UK ball game or right as I am about to start in on a desert of hot apple pie ala mode where the callers starts the conversation with , I hate to call so late, BUT
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

About 3 miles from the house to the gallery. 10 minutes or so would be the max.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

3:40 am

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

6 days and a few hours this time
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

And yet yours didn't last nearly that long!

Last Post Wins

Kill'n me!

So...it's summer, and hot. And I'm freezing again. I don't understand why buildings have to be so cold during the summer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    So...it's summer, and hot. And I'm freezing again. I don't understand why buildings have to be so cold during the summer.....
    Are you in Texas? Seriously, those folks love their AC like no one else I've ever known.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

You'd think so.

This building has new management, too. So cheap they turn off a fountain in the middle of the "lake" next to the building at 5 p.m. So why run the A/C at 44°?

Last Post Wins

Hot today... hotter tomorrow.

Went downtown today for a meeting that last 5½ hours. Their A/C was as cold as ours. I made up an excuse to go to my car just so I could go outside and warm up. I'm going to have to start wearing parkas in July.

Went downtown today for a meeting that last 5½ hours. Their A/C was as cold as ours. I made up an excuse to go to my car just so I could go outside and warm up. I'm going to have to start wearing parkas in July.
    I work most of my day in an un-conditioned warehouse. Trade ya.

I will say the warehouse is more comfortable than I feared. it's pretty well insulated and block wall construction, so it doesn't turn into a heat box like a thinly insulated all metal building will do. But it's still 80 plus in there right now. there's air in the front where we hold the actual auctions, but the warehouse in the back is where we do all the actual work.

You can layer up. If I take off any more clothes I'll need a different license from the city.

I actually tolerate hot weather better than most, I guess. "Ran" 3.5 miles Sunday in 106° heat index. Didn't start to bother me until I passed out.

I think the problem is I long ago started dressing for hot weather. Dri-fit polo type shirts and light khaki or navy dress pants, for the most part, that are cool. You're right, just layering a bit, or dressing as I should would remedy it. The buildings seem to contemplate that. Maybe they know better than I do.

Last Post Wins

Go Dodgers!!!

in preparation for my rotator cuff surgery, I am trying out my Dragon naturally speaking dictation software and headphone here. It seems to be working pretty well. In fact, this is faster than I can type it, since I am dictating this as fast as I can. it is keeping up, in batches rather than Word for Word immediately when I say it. That seems to be fine with me. I noticed some capitalization issues, and other matters, but it is not bad at all. This looks like it will work for me.

Even the paragraph settings work fine, along with deletion, and other commands such as telling it to go to the
    . Except it is not typing n EW L I NE.

I am pretty sure I can work with this. Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country. I can't believe there will be a more boring post in the history of this website than this one. If you have read to this point, kudos to you, or, more accurately, get a life.

Last Post Wins

My previous post was the first time in probably 20 wins that the I've even mentioned the boys in blue. I think the jinx is in, Dodgers down 3-1 in the top of the 4th. I really was hoping they'd extend the 31-4 streak.

Last edited by blueboss; 07-20-2017 at 10:22 PM.

in preparation for my rotator cuff surgery, I am trying out my Dragon naturally speaking dictation software and headphone here. It seems to be working pretty well. In fact, this is faster than I can type it, since I am dictating this as fast as I can. it is keeping up, in batches rather than Word for Word immediately when I say it. That seems to be fine with me. I noticed some capitalization issues, and other matters, but it is not bad at all. This looks like it will work for me.

Even the paragraph settings work fine, along with deletion, and other commands such as telling it to go to the
    . Except it is not typing n EW L I NE.

I am pretty sure I can work with this. Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country. I can't believe there will be a more boring post in the history of this website than this one. If you have read to this point, kudos to you, or, more accurately, get a life.
    You know, I find this VERY interesting.

Im' examining ways to speed up my inventory process, and one possibility is voice dictation. I bought a copy of Dragon, have tested it a bit, but found that it needed a pretty powerful laptop.

I need to get back to seeing if and how it could help us. I also tested the voice on my phone, it worked pretty dang well.

I wonder if there's a Dragon for a pad. We're pretty mobile when we catalog, if we could do it right from a pad, that may speed things up too.

Last Post Wins

Test

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    You know, I find this VERY interesting.

Im' examining ways to speed up my inventory process, and one possibility is voice dictation. I bought a copy of Dragon, have tested it a bit, but found that it needed a pretty powerful laptop.

I need to get back to seeing if and how it could help us. I also tested the voice on my phone, it worked pretty dang well.

I wonder if there's a Dragon for a pad. We're pretty mobile when we catalog, if we could do it right from a pad, that may speed things up too.
    Mine is not anything special, version 11, I think. My computer is a decent Surface Pro 3 but also nothing special. Using the headphones it came with, with a USB adapter for the two plugs to go in. Spent 4 minutes teaching it my voice with john F. Kennedy's inaugural address. Done. I bet you would like it.

By the way, who else besides me found their house infested with rice weevils today? Just wondering.

Mine is not anything special, version 11, I think. My computer is a decent Surface Pro 3 but also nothing special. Using the headphones it came with, with a USB adapter for the two plugs to go in. Spent 4 minutes teaching it my voice with john F. Kennedy's inaugural address. Done. I bet you would like it.
    Surface Pro 3 and 4 are both plenty powerful for it I'd imagine. Most of my computers for work are pretty poor by modern standards, but other than this they don't run anything that needs more. My personal one is screaming fast, but I knew I'd need it. I7, SSD, 16GB, but the other ones are really undersized for the task.

I'm going to test it with mine or one other one, but I think I need a Surface Pro we can walk around with easily.

Last Post Wins

By the way, who else besides me found their house infested with rice weevils today? Just wondering.
    What's a rice weevil look like?

Last Post Wins

Pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Surface Pro 3 and 4 are both plenty powerful for it I'd imagine. Most of my computers for work are pretty poor by modern standards, but other than this they don't run anything that needs more. My personal one is screaming fast, but I knew I'd need it. I7, SSD, 16GB, but the other ones are really undersized for the task.

I'm going to test it with mine or one other one, but I think I need a Surface Pro we can walk around with easily.
    This is the i5-4300U CPU, 2.50 GHz, 8GB RAM, 256gb SSD Surface Pro 3. I did not upgrade to Windows 10, so it is running 8.1 pro. At least early results are very promising with the headphone and dictation software.

Last Post Wins

Pretty!
    So by infestation? Does that mean like all over your house or just in a bag of rice?

I'll explain more later, but it boils down to a decision to fill corn hole beanbags with rice.

Bombino

"Florida = Discount Australia"

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    So by infestation? Does that mean like all over your house or just in a bag of rice?

My son was in a wedding recently. The groom gave all of his groomsmen handcrafted, absolutely gorgeous cornhole sets. A few days ago, the bride (I coached her in elementary school--I am OLD!!!) asked my son if he noticed anything--insects, rats, whatever. Apparently her husband filled up the bean bags with.....rice. And if there's something you're supposed to do to the rice to make sure there are no issues, he didn't do it. All over his bedroom. (He doesn't live at our house now, but it's still "his" bedroom, and that's where the game--and rice bags--were stored.)

We bombed the downstairs last night. Hopefully it got them.