Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 54 of 150 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Wow, beautiful. That your lovely fiance with you (I hope!)

I "ran" my 3.1 mile course today at Spain Park, and thought those hills were brutal. 2,000 feet in the heat has it way beat.

Last Post Wins

Came down with a bad case of the sinus, head and chest funk last Wednesday. By Friday morning I was officially dying. It finally let up Saturday night.

I tallied up less than 1000 steps per day for the duration of the attack.

Tomorrow's weigh in will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

Today's lunch was made by the Jeff State bistro--"airline" chicken, some sort of potato with pesto, some mixed vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, etc. that was good for me), and a caramel cheesecake.

The culinary school can flat cook. They take reservations 4 nights a week during the summer. They are booked through the entire summer. (Also $25 a head, which is a steal for the quality food and service you get, plus you can bring your own wine--although they don't advertise that shhh....)

Bombino

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Wow, beautiful. That your lovely fiance with you (I hope!)

I "ran" my 3.1 mile course today at Spain Park, and thought those hills were brutal. 2,000 feet in the heat has it way beat.
    Thanks! Yep, that is she. The climb was a beast, needless to say we stopped often but it was well worth it.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Is there anything worse than an extraordinarily slow meat thermometer? I don't think so.

Last Post Wins

Is there anything worse than an extraordinarily slow meat thermometer? I don't think so.
    Who uses a meat thermometer?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Who uses a meat thermometer?

Those of us who have wives who need convincing the meat is safe cooked less than well done!

Bombino

What meat thermometer do you have? I have a LavaTools Javelin Pro Duo and it is excellent. Similar in quality to the Thermapen at about half the price.

I wanted a Thermopop, which is about 1/3rd of the cost of the Thermapen, and within a second or two of its near-immediate speed.

Instead, my wife bought some thermometer with "good reviews" on Amazon. I found the Amazon page. It was rated 4.2/5.0. When you read the reviews, every review is for a turkey roaster. Every. Single. One. Had nothing to do with the product being sold.

It was $5.

Man, I am as frugal as the day is long. Guarantee I don't spend money that I don't need to spend. But who could possibly think a $5 thermometer would really be "instant read" as claimed?

My wife. Bless her heart.

Bombino

I wanted a Thermopop, which is about 1/3rd of the cost of the Thermapen, and within a second or two of its near-immediate speed.

Instead, my wife bought some thermometer with "good reviews" on Amazon. I found the Amazon page. It was rated 4.2/5.0. When you read the reviews, every review is for a turkey roaster. Every. Single. One. Had nothing to do with the product being sold.

It was $5.

Man, I am as frugal as the day is long. Guarantee I don't spend money that I don't need to spend. But who could possibly think a $5 thermometer would really be "instant read" as claimed?

My wife. Bless her heart.
    Rather than the Thermopop, you should go with the regular LavaTools Javelin (as opposed to the Pro Duo, which I have). It runs about the same price, has double the accuracy, a lifetime warranty, and is a couple seconds faster in reading.

Pedro, it looks like it's a matter of opinion and what you're looking for.

Here's one of the places I've looked at. It has the ThermoPop first, and the Javelin second, not quite as fast, but similar. And I'll be honest--I really like the display of the ThermoPop better than any, large, can angle it sideways with a button click, doesn't have an annoying decimal point number I don't want to see. Little things like that.

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/the-...d-thermometer/

Your Javelin Pro Duo is faster than both, but I won't be spending that. Heck, I may not be spending anything. I really don't particularly like to use them, but my wife does.

I'm not sure you guys appreciate just how bad this themometer is. I stick it in the meat, and it crawls up to the temperature. It's not that the temperature is rising, it's just interminably slow in determining it. I need to do a test, but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't take a full 60 seconds or more to get to the correct temperature reading. I mean, awful.

Thermapen--2 seconds.

Some of the really good backup ones-- 4 or 5 seconds.

I can live with that.

60+ seconds....no. 30 seconds....no. 15 seconds...no, but at least getting a little closer.

10 seconds? I dunno. That's still a pretty long time.

Under 10? Ok.

Bombino

Pedro, it looks like it's a matter of opinion and what you're looking for.

Here's one of the places I've looked at. It has the ThermoPop first, and the Javelin second, not quite as fast, but similar. And I'll be honest--I really like the display of the ThermoPop better than any, large, can angle it sideways with a button click, doesn't have an annoying decimal point number I don't want to see. Little things like that.

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/the-...d-thermometer/

Your Javelin Pro Duo is faster than both, but I won't be spending that. Heck, I may not be spending anything. I really don't particularly like to use them, but my wife does.

I'm not sure you guys appreciate just how bad this themometer is. I stick it in the meat, and it crawls up to the temperature. It's not that the temperature is rising, it's just interminably slow in determining it. I need to do a test, but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't take a full 60 seconds or more to get to the correct temperature reading. I mean, awful.

Thermapen--2 seconds.

Some of the really good backup ones-- 4 or 5 seconds.

I can live with that.

60+ seconds....no. 30 seconds....no. 15 seconds...no, but at least getting a little closer.

10 seconds? I dunno. That's still a pretty long time.

Under 10? Ok.
    That's a really good article with a fair and honest breakdown. They, TheSweetHome, have been doing a solid job, kinda like a kitchen focused Consumer Reports. They often bring up points that I don't consider.

Honestly, either the Javelin or the ThermoPop will serve you well. Heck even my Pro Duo is a bit overkill for me. I actually use the thermometer more in cooking/baking than I do for meat. In cooking and baking, the decimal is really helpful because it helps you get an idea of how fast the temperature is rising. For example, when I make my bourbon vanilla caramel sauce, it is critical that I don't overheat it and burn it. This means not just knowing how far away from my desired temp I am but how fast the temp is rising. If you are only using the thermometer to spot check meat, the decimal place is entirely, as you put it, unnecessary.

Great points about the other aspects of cooking besides just a quick test for meat, Pedro. Plus, you scientists know how to use precise measurements and calculations a whole lot better than the rest of us, me included especially!

Heck, sixty seconds can take my hunk of beef from almost walking to the flavor cooked out of it; I do tend to like my steaks a tad on the rare side.

knock the horns off of it, wipe its' nasty old tail, chuck it on a plate and walk it through a warm room...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

Nice long weekend... except we're trading a Saturday for a Monday and I drew the short stick and got stuck with being MOD

3 days and 6 hours this time.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

13 minutes this time.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    3 days and 6 hours this time.
    Couldn't leave it alone, could you?

Great. Discover card unauthorized charges being made this morning....

Last Post Wins

I went and bought fireworks on Monday and pulled out my debit/ credit card to pay with and there was a flag came up for unusual purchase. Had to call the bank and confirm it was me.

July 3rd buying fireworks came up flagged as an unusual purchase?? I guess I'm glad they do that, but come on... fireworks on 7-3.

I told the bank girl I was leaving the fireworks store and going to buy a surf board.... she asked that I call before I made the purchase.

Bombino

Ouch, that is not a fun thing to wake up to.

Electronic charges made to Motorola Mobility in the Chicago area....

Account closed, new cards to be issued. I like the little "freeze account" button on my app, although it really didn't do anything.

Air you can wear today.

Stupid insomnia. Days like today I wish I had made early appointments so I could do them, then come home and lunch and take a 3 hour nap...

Last Post Wins

Stupid insomnia. Days like today I wish I had made early appointments so I could do them, then come home and lunch and take a 3 hour nap...
    I woke up at 1:30 and then fell asleep in the recliner watching news... back in bed at 3:00....

Woke up twice already after falling asleep at 1 a.m. my time. Stinks, but at least I should be able to sleep late when I get back to sleep.

After 6. Looking like a 2-hour sleep night....

I don't sleep much these days either. 3-4 hours usually, then lay there and toss around a couple more.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

It was a bad night. Usually it's more like 5 hours. I'd like to get 7, and I almost always posture it where I could get a maximum of 8, if everything worked well. Just seems like 5 is the standard.

Does anyone else commute to their job 60 minutes on a good day, 120+ on a bad day?
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com