Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 51 of 150 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 4478

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Let' just say some days I think I should have just taken a nice quiet job at the post office. Or just stayed in college for 30 years.
    Glad to hear it's not something more nefarious....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

Had a bite of chocolate hazelnut pie my wife had made this morning. Not even a bit, just a morsel to taste since it was something new she made for my son's class (hopefully bonus points?)

Anyway, I had a stupid reaction I sometimes get with nuts. Throat swells up, hard to swallow. I recognize the symptoms right away. Have my son's expired epi-pen nearby, but instead just take two benadryl (which, I understand, isn't really helpful for anaphylaxis/severe reactions, but it's one of those things they do because they've always done it).

So now I'm groggy. A tad easier to swallow a couple of hours later, but still feeling it.

Peanuts usually are ok. Other nuts are not. This one was an "other nut" that I just don't have the opportunity to try much. I won't again, either.

Last Post Wins

Mmmm pralines!!

Oooops sorry!!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Pralines are fine, too.

I don't know why hazelnuts and others cause issues, but some don't.

Last Post Wins

Start of another glorious day here on the beach...

Last Post Wins

Oh look!!! A cloud!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Start of another glorious day here on the beach...

I'll be down at the beach soon. Headed down to Florida next week.

Just had King Salmon and beignets for lunch. The salmon wasn't bad for my diet, but I daresay the beignets continue a recent tradition the last week of breaking my dietary rules.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Thedonnie123 View Post
    I'll be down at the beach soon. Headed down to Florida next week.
    Enjoy! Sadly I'll be heading home Saturday...

I successfully replaced the cam shaft in a 20 hp single cylinder Briggs and Stratton engine yesterday and this morning. And yes it now runs perfectly. Engine would not turn over, it would try but could not get over the hump. Possible causes, weak battery, corroded cables somewhere between the battery and the starter, bad starter, bad solenoid, valves out of adjustment, and last but not least a worn lobe on the cam shaft or a compression relief valve on the cam shaft gone bad. Checked all the easy stuff first, including resetting the lash on the valve train, which was in perfect order to begin with. Then to my dismay it was on to tearing the engine apart to get at the cam shaft.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Dan said something, but for the life of me, I'm not sure what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Dan said something, but for the life of me, I'm not sure what he said.
    I ran it through Google translate.

He fixed his lawnmower.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Last Post Wins

He fixed his lawnmower.
    Sounds like a pretty big engine for a lawnmower, maybe a riding one. My original 86 VW Jetta only had 87 hp.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

He fixed his lawnmower.
    Washing machine
    seeya
    dan

"Well, he did hop up an old V8 engine and put it on his row boat. That thing will do 80, now that's fast on water."

Last Post Wins

I put a sand flea on a hook.

Sand fleas

seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Sand fleas

Crack cocaine to fish... I used fleas today and caught pompano, whiting, red fish, sail cats, lady fish, and bull rays..everything eats them.

If sand fleas are crack cocaine in baiting fish, what is crack cocaine bait for?

Last Post Wins

If sand fleas are crack cocaine in baiting fish, what is crack cocaine bait for?
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...7738dae406.jpg

One door has a million dollars behind it and another door has a hungry lion hiding behind it. There are 2 people standing next to the doors that know what is behind each. One person can never tell the the truth and the other can never lie. You can ask each of them one question to figure out which door to open. What question do you ask each of them to get the money and avoid the lion?
    seeya
    dan

Hookers and Hollywood types.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

One door has a million dollars behind it and another door has a hungry lion hiding behind it. There are 2 people standing next to the doors that know what is behind each. One person can never tell the the truth and the other can never lie. You can ask each of them one question to figure out which door to open. What question do you ask each of them to get the money and avoid the lion?
    Person # 1 Question: If your life depended on it--and it may, because I have a concealed weapon license, and I am carrying -- what door has the million dollars behind it?

Person # 2 Question: If I asked Person # 1 which door had the million dollars behind it, what would they tell me?

If Person # 2 is truthful, they know Person # 1 will lie, and will intentionally tell me the wrong door, so they will answer "Door X," where Door X is the wrong door.

If Person # 2 will lie, they know Person # 1 will tell the truth and tell me it is door "Z," the correct door. So Person # 2 will lie, and tell me, "Door X," since they can't help but lie.

Then you choose the door other than the one they tell you.

Oh, the first question? I didn't need it, so I just wasted it. But I guess you could ask the same question to both and double check your answer, which should be the same.

Dang, D beat me to it, I knew the answer to that one. You ask one of them what the other would say.

Though I like the "you know I'm carrying" approach better.

it reminds me though of the Monty Hall Problem. It's an amazing statistical behavior that is based on the Let's Make a Deal choosing of 1 door of 3. Mythbusters did a great test of it, and despite the fact that even a lot of math PhDs argued it was false, Steve Selvin was right in 1975 when he submitted the paradox to a publication.

On the show, when Monty would ask you to pick 1 of 3 doors, and you chose, he would often then open one of the other 2 doors that he knows is empty,and then offer you the opportunity to switch to the other door.

Well as it turns out, it's statistically wise to switch every time. As it turns out when you choose the first time each door is a 1/3 probability of being the right one. If you choose a door (say A), and then Monty opens the other door, the observer thinks his chances are now 50/50 and stays the same.

BUT it's not 50/50. In fact when you chose the first door it was a 1/3 chance, which means the chance of it being one of the other 2 doors was 2/3. When Monty opens one of those other doors, then the door that remains that was NOT chosen now has that 2/3 chance of being right. So you should always switch b/c your original door has a 1/3 chance of being right, and the other one has a 2/3 chance.

It's mind blowing to me. But completely true. First you have to get past why it's not 50/50, which seems so obvious. There are also other stumbling blocks, but it works out, the guy was right. And a LOT of really smart people were convinced he was wrong, and even argued the point many years later.

I probably should not have answered Dan's thing, because I've heard the answer to the question before and remembered the answer, rather than figuring it out. I also remember the Monty Hall Mythbusters question you raised, and it still boggles my mind, but understand it to be correct as you stated it.

Last Post Wins

Man!! It's tough going to work after being off two weeks.... oh well we had a great much needed vacation.

Back to it.

96 hours since the previous post. I am the last post in this thread and am going to lock it down. ;-)
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

96 hours since the previous post. I am the last post in this thread and am going to lock it down. ;-)
    Congrats!

Last Post Wins

Good job!!!