Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 5 of 150 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Post Wins

Go. To. Bed. We have some late owls at this place.

Re: Last Post Wins

And some early risers.

Last Post Wins

Is anybody else getting spam threads here on KSR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Not me and there is no way you can prove I am the cause of it
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I'm only getting them on my phone via Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I'm only getting them on my phone via Tapatalk
    That's the same thing I experienced in the thread I had about hating Tapatalk. It is their promoted ads. Looks like a thread. I posted pics.

I contacted them and because I had paid for Tapatalk Pro, they upgraded me to vip status, which just meant they removed the ads.

It took a few days to get sorted out. Miserable experience in the meantime. I was migrating back to Forum Runner, which has some advantages but I think I like Tapatalk a little better.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    That's the same thing I experienced in the thread I had about hating Tapatalk. It is their promoted ads. Looks like a thread. I posted pics.

I contacted them and because I had paid for Tapatalk Pro, they upgraded me to vip status, which just meant they removed the ads.

It took a few days to get sorted out. Miserable experience in the meantime. I was migrating back to Forum Runner, which has some advantages but I think I like Tapatalk a little better.
    So, unless I upgrade to Pro I've got to deal with the fake thread ads??

I deleted Tapatalk about a year and a half ago because it was so unwieldy with which to use. Has it improved?

*^*&^$%$#^&)*^_^)^%$^*%#%@%*^$)*&_

I feel a little better now
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by KSRdallen View Post
    I deleted Tapatalk about a year and a half ago because it was so unwieldy with which to use. Has it improved?
    Tapatalk Pro has always been good for me, but when my ISP pushed through an OS upgrade, it required me to delete the old Tapatalk. I had not "upgraded" to the new.

When I did, I experienced the same thing blueboss experienced. It's miserable. Makes you look like somebody posted a thread on something; turns out; it's a spammy ad thing. (Pretty slick, actually--just extremely annoying).

When I emailed the developer, they said that because I had paid for it earlier, it earned VIP status, which would remove all ads. Since then, it's been great. I have six different forums on it, and routinely use it to read and post here using the "timeline" feature for the most recent posts, regardless of forum. I also use it to easily post pics here, and also it is extremely easy to post a thread to the "Buffer" app that posts to Twitter, or to Tweetcaster Pro, whichever I prefer. It's really slick.

I don't go to the other forums that often (there's a radar detector forum; a gun forum, etc.) but it keeps the username and password there handy as well.

Forum Runner also allows me to go to the front page--I don't think Tapatalk does. But for ease of use, Tapatalk wins, at least, I think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    *^*&^$%$#^&)*^_^)^%$^*%#%@%*^$)*&_

I feel a little better now
    I feel worse.

Played 3 hours of basketball today--was scheduled to play 2, but they kept playing for another hour, and you don't want to be "that guy" that breaks up a game. We had 15 guys there; 4 old guys and a mixture of 11 high school and college kids. The pickup games were scheduled to end at CBS gametime, and I live so close that I figured I would be close to tipoff.

So I missed some of the game. Plus I jammed a finger in the first game I played in, so it's been swelling ever since. And it hurts.

Last Post Wins

Really good Independent Lens show on PBS featuring Muscle Shoals and the impact that FAME Studios had on music... That's right music, not just rock'n roll but music in general.

It dawned on me today I know who a pig wearing lipstick looks like.
    seeya
    dan

Congrats to my daughter on getting her driver's license today and my son on getting his drivers permit today. And happy 15th birthday to him.

Anybody know any slick deals in car insurance? Sigh.

I don't know if any of them are any good but I know they must be hugely profitable to run about ten billion TV ads for car insurance a day. Seriously can you watch one show without at least 3 of them?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

I like the Allstate mayhem guy.

I had a full day and half with the last post, and then a pig wearing lipstick shows up

Speaking of pig, I am so full I am about to pop. Had our firm Christmas lunch today at Ruth's Chris and stuffed myself, then my son's birthday dinner was tonight and I ate like a pig, specifically pork as in Jim n Nick's BBQ. Add fries, baked beans, and cheese biscuits, and second meal in a row I ate too much.

Came home and had his birthday cake, which was my wife's homemade chess squares. Ridiculous that I ate that much today.

Last Post Wins

When Ruth's Chris start doing lunch? What'd you have at Ruth's.

I love Jim n Nicks spare ribs!!! You're killing me, two of my favorite places to eat!!

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    When Ruth's Chris start doing lunch? What'd you have at Ruth's.

I love Jim n Nicks spare ribs!!! You're killing me, two of my favorite places to eat!!

I think they offer lunch at select locations only, Birmingham one of them. Had a melt in your mouth filet (lunch size, but it had to have been at least 8oz) served on a 500 degree plate, Caesars salad, lyonnaise potatoes, bread, and a dessert from a place in the mall, an oreo cookies type concoction.

Ughh. I'm still full.

Last Post Wins

I'm not sure I could walk in there without getting the cowboy ribeye, I better stay away for lunch.

There is no way I could have pulled off Jim n Nicks even after an 8oz filet.

Back to real life today. Peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch. That's more my style.

Try that samich with some honey. I am gonna have one of those tomorrow
    seeya
    dan

I haven't had lunch, and I'm calling it a day shortly at work. I may try that honey addition rather than skipping lunch, which is my other option.

Last Post Wins

Severe T-Storms on the eve of the big guys arrival... That's a first, for me at least.

Torrential rain, hail, high winds, and now flooding... Ho-Ho-Ho

That weather was predicted for us, but the front slid thru like a lamb in BG. Temps are oddly high for this time of year tough
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Pretty dicy here last night

Daughter was supposed to driver in from Nashville yesterday, but delayed a day because of weather concerns. Turned out not bad, so hope the weather is ok for her today.

Weather should be great for travel. Traffic, maybe not so great
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Just saw an update from NORAD, the jolly one will be arriving in Canada in about five minutes.

He better keep them dang reindeer off the newly sown grass in my front yard.
    seeya
    dan