Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 49 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Bombino

Re: Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Dang Pedro, that stinks. I'd offer to help but if they found out we had any association they'd likely kick you out of the country just to be safe.
    Yeah, it really sucks. Reading online, administrative processing can take anywhere from as short as a couple weeks to as long as TWO YEARS! At this point, not sure what to do because any other application would take us through the same process. Oh well, as is life when dealing with USCIS/US Embassy system. The only groups that can make the DMV seem efficient and well organized.

Ah, an occasional pilsner hits the spot.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Not so fast birdsong...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

So the morning started with meeting the septic tank people and enjoying helping them jump their tractor three times. Now sitting in my lazy chair, eating club crackers, and watching the Masters. Hoping to catch a nap.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last Post Wins

Can't sleep.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Can't sleep.

Me neither.

Last Post Wins

Darn it...

Gotta stay up pretty early in the morning to beat my insomnia. Stinks.

Last Post Wins

Beautiful spring morning in Kentuckiana...

Last Post Wins

I dropped my phone numerous times, with and without a case. So when it finally cracked and chipped, I wasn't surprised.

Replaced the phone, and bought Tech Armor ballistic glass screen protector. Thin, but thicker than just regular scratch protectors. Pseudo glass, and felt great on my phone.

Today I placed my phone on my car hood as I was working in the yard getting extremely dirty; I wanted to keep it out of the dirt. Placed it face down as I usually do turned, and saw it starting sliding down. Before I could get back to it had fallen four feet or so straight down to the concrete. It was a bad hit.

Picked it up and saw that the screen was cracked.

Now here's where the story gets good. I peeled off the ballistic glass protector (photo shown) and lo and behold, the phone screen was absolutely perfect. The glass protector acted almost like a car crumple Zone, absorbed all the impact and damage, but protected the underlying phone.

It has a lifetime guarantee, so I emailed the company this afternoon, told them what had occurred and praised the screen protector for doing what it needed to do , and the company already approved a free replacement for me which will be shipped out Monday.

Last Post Wins

^^good to know.

I started a thread about how to repair the screen glass as mine is separating from the frame.

Yesterday I went to the Apple Store to the Genius Bar. The genius took one look at it and told it is being caused by the battery swelling and causing it to force the screen up. I asked if they took replace the battery and secure the glass back down.

The genius told me that it was a battery defect and they replace the phone for free.

My iPhone 5S is about 3 years old, so to be getting a brand new phone for free... I'm very pleased.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to back up all the "stuff" on my laptop and take it back for the switch-a-roo.

If anyone has ever been to the Apple Store you know what a treat that is... as chaotic as it appears when you walk in for your appointment, they really do a pretty good job.

Bombino

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    ^^good to know.

I started a thread about how to repair the screen glass as mine is separating from the frame.

Yesterday I went to the Apple Store to the Genius Bar. The genius took one look at it and told it is being caused by the battery swelling and causing it to force the screen up. I asked if they took replace the battery and secure the glass back down.

The genius told me that it was a battery defect and they replace the phone for free.

My iPhone 5S is about 3 years old, so to be getting a brand new phone for free... I'm very pleased.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to back up all the "stuff" on my laptop and take it back for the switch-a-roo.

If anyone has ever been to the Apple Store you know what a treat that is... as chaotic as it appears when you walk in for your appointment, they really do a pretty good job.

I actually read about that when looking at your problem, figured you would have mentioned the screen actually being forced out. They should handle the transfer of all data over to your new phone IIRC

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    I actually read about that when looking at your problem, figured you would have mentioned the screen actually being forced out. They should handle the transfer of all data over to your new phone IIRC

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
    I wasn't sure what was going on until I started looking at how to repair it and figuring out why it was coming out.

I would have had no idea why until the Apple genius told me. The only problem is I need more data (GB's)and Apple won't upgrade only replace with what I've currently got.

The genius all so downloaded an app to my phone which takes me to a link that tells me how to back everything up on my lap top. She told me to bring my lap top with me when I go back to swap phones and they move everything back over for me.

Seems like our ability to develop electronics is running into issues with powering them. At least yours only deforms and doesn't spontaneously combust.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Seems like our ability to develop electronics is running into issues with powering them. At least yours only deforms and doesn't spontaneously combust.
    This is actually a big issue. To create energy storage materials, they have to innately walk that line between stable and instability. The more energy you pack into a smaller area, the closer you get to a bomb.

So...go teach a class....take car to body shop for new bumper....go pick up rental car from Hertz...oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter for lunch; already starving from just a banana for breakfast...go visit orthopedic surgeon who tells you it's time to schedule your rotator cuff surgery...do some work...headed back to school to teach class.

Just Monday. And I'm hungry.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    So...go teach a class....take car to body shop for new bumper....go pick up rental car from Hertz...oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter for lunch; already starving from just a banana for breakfast...go visit orthopedic surgeon who tells you it's time to schedule your rotator cuff surgery...do some work...headed back to school to teach class.

Just Monday. And I'm hungry.
    I've been hungry since February.

It's that time of year where I can't get a day where the grass is dry enough to mow. Thought it was going to be this evening, but a pop-up thunderstorm squelched that.

Oh, well. Have to kick off my shoes and have an adult beverage, instead. Maybe tomorrow.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    It's that time of year where I can't get a day where the grass is dry enough to mow. Thought it was going to be this evening, but a pop-up thunderstorm squelched that.

Oh, well. Have to kick off my shoes and have an adult beverage, instead. Maybe tomorrow.
    Man, you should go on a talk show with a life that tough.

I do have 2 potholes in the parking lot at the gallery I want to fill. I wanted it to be warm enough to set the patch right, and now that it is I can't get the rain to stop long enough to dry them out and do it properly.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Man, you should go on a talk show with a life that tough.

I do have 2 potholes in the parking lot at the gallery I want to fill. I wanted it to be warm enough to set the patch right, and now that it is I can't get the rain to stop long enough to dry them out and do it properly.
    The struggle is real.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Son's soccer team kicks off in 3½ hours. Then have a 2nd game in 6½ hours. Then a 3rd game tomorrow morning at 9:45 a.m. that will be their 6th game this week. If they win their pool, they will play a 7th game of the week at 2:00 p.m. If they win that game, they will play an 8th game of the week (5 days, since they didn't play Monday) at 7:00 p.m. tomorrow night, which would also be their 5th game in 25½ hours. These are 15, 16 and 17 year old young men with grown bodies playing in 85 degree heat (it decided to become warm this week).

I noticed in last night's game they were sluggish after playing Tues-Weds-Thurs. They brought up 3 players from the freshmen team for depth, and have been substituting liberally, but they're all tired this last week of the season. Hoping they get a 2nd wind and can power through without anybody getting hurt.

Won 28-0 in game 1, 28-0 in game 2. If we win or tie in the morning game we advance to the semifinals, but a loss and our season is over.

Last Post Wins

Cold, rainy, and gloomy.... Happy Thunder Day!!

Tied, 7-7. Is a tie like kissing your sister? Not in this case, as we needed a draw to win our pool and advance to the semifinals. So count it as a "win" regardless of the score.

Won, 35-28 in seven overtimes. Well, sorta.

Game was 0-0 at end of regulation. Went to 1st OT. No goal scored. Went to 2nd OT. No goal scored. Went to penalty kicks. We made all 5 of ours, they made 4.

So now we get to play our 3rd game of the day at 7pm tonight, our 5th game in the last 25½ hours, and our 8th game in 5 days. That's a lot of soccer.

The tournament organizers are sadists
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    The tournament organizers are sadists
    So are the parents.

Lighting delay to start the game. So it will be late....

Our debate tournaments used to last till all hours over a 3 day weekend, but we had the decency and good sense to leave all the parents at home.

Well, this is pretty cool.

We lost two games this season to the team we beat in the season-ending championship (1-0 and 3-2). The 3-2 game was a little salty, as they put senior varsity players on the team for that tournament against our freshmen and sophomores, but it's within the rules. Anyway, we tied them 0-0 on Thursday, then won in the championship.

What's so cool about that?

It snapped a 52-consecutive game streak they had without a loss, spanning several seasons (three, I guess). First loss in 53 games.

I knew they were tough, but man, that's impressive.

I think we now hold the current mark with 15 consecutive. I thought that was a lot. We would need two more seasons to catch up to them, which we will never do.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Yeah, it really sucks. Reading online, administrative processing can take anywhere from as short as a couple weeks to as long as TWO YEARS! At this point, not sure what to do because any other application would take us through the same process. Oh well, as is life when dealing with USCIS/US Embassy system. The only groups that can make the DMV seem efficient and well organized.
    Good news, within 12 hours her visa status went from awaiting interview, to three other stages to finally issued. Now we just wait for them to print it out and ship it! Very damn happy that this is finally done.