Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 46 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Thank heaven. It's 11:30 pm CT, and they just announced they are canceling the rest of the show. Supposed to be three more shows, but an air conditioning problem cut this 2 hours short.
    Do they intend to run these things till 3am or is it a planning issue?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

My beard is now about 30% or so white. I don't grow one, just sometimes on break I don't shave for 3-4 days and it's obvious enough.

I said as a kid that I'd be OK with white hair as long as I got to keep my hair. I got the short end of both.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Do they intend to run these things till 3am or is it a planning issue?
    They generally have the last one scheduled around 11:30 p.m., with a (sometimes) host choir performing an exhibition thereafter while the scores are tabulated, and then awards thereafter. Sometimes they'll have the solo winners perform during that time, but that's just a 5-minute or so song, so that's not a big deal.

Last night they had a group cancel that was scheduled at 3 p.m., which should have put them back on track, and it did, somewhat--but they slowly started falling behind again and they were getting incredibly late by 11:30 p.m. They had to have 3 shows compete, which are 30 minutes each (the show itself is only about 20 minutes, but they are allotted time to set up, bring their props, etc., then clean up, within a certain time limit--it varies, but it's usually about 30 minutes total), and then often they will have some dead time between for some unknown reason that drives me batty. I can live with watching 20 minute shows all day with a 10 minute break. It drives me batty to watch a 20 minute show, then have a 25 minute break. No sense in that.

Oh--I should elaborate more on the cause of the cancellation of the rest of the competition. With the A/C failure of one of the units, the auditorium was hot--they had 3 or 4 times capacity, at least, with fire-marshall violating people standing, sitting, everywhere (they didn't have 3x or 4x capacity IN there at a time, but easily in the facility--many were in the cafeteria watching the live big screen simulcast, etc.) But it was hot in the auditorium.

On stage, I understand it was unbearable. Petal High School from Mississippi (a very good show choir) performed around 11 p.m., and when they were finished, had several girls pass out. Ambulances were called, and it was truly a health issue. Nobody had a problem with them stopping it--I wasn't aware of how hot it was backstage, but it makes sense--tons of people there, bands, crew, performers, and tons of lights and other heat-causing issues.

When we were leaving, I was taking some of the stuff to the car early, and my wife told me to make sure I went out a particular door--she saw one of the performers vomiting at the door I was headed toward at the time. I suspect it was heat-related, although I guess it could have been anything.

As a complete aside, Clinton (MS) Attache´ won the Grand Championship--also winning best vocals, best choreography, and best overall effect. That is an amazing school of about 1,000 students, with the best show choir in the nation, year in, and year out. They have not lost a southern competition in 15 YEARS, and have not lost anywhere since 2013, competing all over the country.

Their show, to me last night, lacked the "Wow" factor last year's show had--but it was remarkably professional, with the kids performing like some of the most seasoned Broadway performers you'd see. You watch their boys and girls and you're mesmerized at how good they are. Dancing is phenomenal. Their soloists are always exceptional, and their show set amazing. They leave no details to chance, and there are no weak spots. I have found that the boys are usually the weak spot in any mixed group over the years--girls are usually all about the dancing and choreography, and one group is about as good as another.

Not so with boys.

And not so with Clinton. Their boys are outstanding. Tremendous energy, fast, and sharp.

One more comment.

I'm old. Getting in at 12:30 a.m., or whatever time (often later) from these things wipes me out for the next day. I've been useless today. I mean, even more than normal.

My hair and my beard started going gray at about age 35.
    Made me excited because two of my great grandfathers (one maternal, one paternal) had snow white hair and beards.

It does not appear to be meant to be; I am stuck with a silver color I like to call chrome.

Before it started turning it was very dark brown, almost black in appearance with auburn highlights in the beard.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

It's February 20 and the forecast is sunny & 65 here in the People's Democratic Republic of Louisville today. And I'm off work for President's Day (your tax dollars at work). And I just went shopping at my local Kroger and they were playing Stevie Ray Vaughan ("Tightrope," to be exact). So today's shaping up to be about a 9.6 on a 0-10 Awesome Scale.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

One more comment.

I'm old. Getting in at 12:30 a.m., or whatever time (often later) from these things wipes me out for the next day. I've been useless today. I mean, even more than normal.
    I hate Tuesday 9:00 pm ET start times for UK games for that reason. Game's over around 11:15-11:30, but I can't go to sleep until 12:30 or so. Up at 6 am--my clients are getting my C+ game. I wonder if I should give them an informed consent form to meet with me on Wednesdays....
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I would boycott work on Wednesdays. I am sure you would find a lot of support for such action.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I hate Tuesday 9:00 pm ET start times for UK games for that reason. Game's over around 11:15-11:30, but I can't go to sleep until 12:30 or so. Up at 6 am--my clients are getting my C+ game. I wonder if I should give them an informed consent form to meet with me on Wednesdays....
    I knew I wasn't the only one that takes time to wind down after a ball game.

Not to mention all the folks that go and drive 1-2 hours home. TV money is great, but it's kinda crappy for the fans.

Last Post Wins

Especially with this team, and on the road. It would be nice to have a nice relaxing ole fashioned butt kick'n tonight so I can get some sleep at a reasonable hour.

On the road with FL looming on Saturday.... it might be 3OT's tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last Post Wins

So much for a nice relaxing evening.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

2 things make Mrs. BEvans curse: cold weather and the way UK played last night. She mumbled a couple of choice words and went to sleep by halftime. Wish I could do it, too, but I suffered through. Coffee is my friend just about every day, but especially today.

Low 70's today in the Vile. Hope we don't skip spring and go straight to summer.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Low 70's today in the Vile. Hope we don't skip spring and go straight to summer.
    We've got a slight cool down over the weekend...40's & 50's

Ordered something at Amazon two days ago--an upright mouse. I have been using the bluetooth Surface Pro mouse with the, well, surface pro, even in the docking station. Not the greatest thing. Thought I'd try this Anker mouse, and man, is it GREAT. I had no idea.

I use a wireless tracball at work, and I guess I'll stick with it--but man, I love this mouse.

$16. Worth a lot more, IMHO.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Wireles.../dp/B00BIFNTMC

That just needs a barrel coming out of it and it could be a ray gun on Star Trek.

Last Post Wins

That just needs a barrel coming out of it and it could be a ray gun on Star Trek.
    Phaser. (fazer, phase her,)

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Phaser. (fazer, phase her,)

lol. Could also be a disruptor.

Last Post Wins

lol. Could also be a disruptor.
    Dis-robe-her

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Dis-robe-her

Liquor? I barely know her.

Last Post Wins

Liquor? I barely know her.
    Joe's Bar

Liquor in the front poker in the rear.

Bombino

Been really enjoying Henry McKenna BiB Bourbon. A damn excellent value, it has become my everyday drinker. 10yr, rye mash bill, single barrel (which means some bottle to bottle variability), 100 proof. A lot to love about this bourbon. Currently drinking a bottle from barrel 2960 and it is really damn good.

If any of you folks start feeling queasy and develop a dry cough, don't put much on your stomach. I thought I was dying or had appendicitis last night or something.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Went to a new dentist today. She graduated from the University of Kentucky. Great experience. My kids' dentist and my dentist now both from the Commonwealth, as well as my optometrist. Love them all. I promise, I did not seek them out because of their affiliation, but it has just worked out like that.

Last Post Wins

80 yesterday with some pretty good thunderstorms last night. Woke up this morning to snow flurries.

I would rather face the hounds of hell than use Photoshop!
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Ohio again sigh.

Getting up at 4:00 am tomorrow to drive 291 miles for a 2 hour appointment, then turn around and head home, 291 miles so I can make an 11:30 appointment in western KY on Tuesday, just a 320 mile round trip. Just 900 miles for 4 hours worth of customer face time. Arrrrrgh

Darrell, this is one time I did not get to make my own schedule
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.