Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 44 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

I'm in a valley, between the "mountains." I never knew what was meant by "the thunder rolls" til I moved here. It's just too freaking loud for me to sleep through. Of course, I can't sleep if the cat walks in, or an icemaker turns on (and we don't have a fan going to block the noise), etc. Just a weird guy for sleeping.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I actually sleep great in thunderstorms. Loud thunder may rouse me but I find it comforting, go right back to sleep. No idea why.
    Ditto! Love sleep'n during stormy weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

My favorite Alt Shortcuts

What are yours?

Sadly, it's becoming a lost art. You can generally find an example of what you need on the internet, and hit copy and paste quickly enough. And I can't remember the darn shortcuts off the top of my head, although I do a fair job with alt-11 and alt-21, which I use fairly often.

^You're speaking a foreign language to me, D. I don't use Alt shortcuts and don't know what they are. I don't use the Function buttons, either.

Back in the old days of WordPerfect for DOS I was a wiz at all those ctrl/alt/F4/whatever shortcuts, but since Windows 95 I've lost all that.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    My favorite Alt Shortcuts

What are yours?

Sadly, it's becoming a lost art. You can generally find an example of what you need on the internet, and hit copy and paste quickly enough. And I can't remember the darn shortcuts off the top of my head, although I do a fair job with alt-11 and alt-21, which I use fairly often.
    I am utterly AMAZED That you know alt-codes. I mostly use the four digit ones for accent marks é (0233), ñ (0241, because it annoys me when the tilde is left off of words like jalapeño), ê (0234, because it is in my girl's legal name).

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    ^You're speaking a foreign language to me, D. I don't use Alt shortcuts and don't know what they are. I don't use the Function buttons, either.

Back in the old days of WordPerfect for DOS I was a wiz at all those ctrl/alt/F4/whatever shortcuts, but since Windows 95 I've lost all that.
    They are more commonly called alt-codes and they are a way of entering special characters like (é, ñ, §, ☺, ☻, etc.) You activate them by holding down alt, typing in the number on the number pad, then releasing alt.

^Thanks--I learned something new today.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

BEvans, try Alt-0167 and Alt-0182. You'll be glad you did, probably especially the first one.

Pedro, I don't "remember" all of those. In fact, I looked, and I butchered a couple above. I printed out a bunch I keep next to me just to make it easy, and I don't use them quite often enough to remember all of them. I need to laminate it and keep it handier than the piece of paper I lose.

I just love the way that ½ looks instead of 1/2. I use § very frequently in my writings. 212° looks so much better than 212 degrees. Just several like that as well. And so on, and so forth.

Pedro, it irritates me to see the tilde left off, too, although I am guilty of the practice on occasion when I'm in a hurry. It will make my "cut" of commonly used alt-codes.

Looks like its going to be a snowy week, i hate snow.

Football season is almost over; Kentucky basketball looking fragile. Time to start looking for my derby horse.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Darrell just PM'd me and told me I won....no need to congratulate me.

Nothing to see here, move along...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Well done, blueboss!

Rats
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Damn it!!!

Recount!

Left this morning with a jacket on and the heater on, and now a simple dress shirt has me burning up. Hate weather like this.

Last Post Wins

Doesn't matter, I won.

seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Ouch!

Last Post Wins

So Mrs. boss says "you've got clothes in the drier". I go down and grab them and bring them to start sort'n.

The load is from clothes I wore last week.

1 blue "CATS" t shirt
    1 grey "Wildcat" t shirt
    1 long sleeved University of Ky t shirt
    1 grey Kentucky Wildcat sweatshirt
    1 blue Wildcat sweatshirt
    1 blue and white polo
    1 blue polo
    1 black Kentucky fleece
    1 Ky blue fleece
    1 blue boxer short
    1 blue and white boxer short
    1 blue and grey boxer short
    1 Wildcat boxer
    5 pairs of Nike white socks with blue trim.

I have to say starting about last Wednesday I was very excited about the upcoming Kansas game...

It might be noted there were assorted khakis and jeans in another load, I didn't walk around with no pants.

KY gear and khakis or jeans, yeah that sounds about right.

Now, for the office I have an assortment of Blue, if not UK dress shirts and the various matching trousers; you have to represent...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I had dinner Sunday night with one of the girls currently on The Bachelor.

Well, if "having dinner with" means being in the same restaurant while my daughter took a couple of stealth photos of her and her date, also on the show.

By your standard I used to make love with Farrah Fawcett thanks to that poster of hers in the 70s.....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    So Mrs. boss says "you've got clothes in the drier". I go down and grab them and bring them to start sort'n.

The load is from clothes I wore last week.

1 blue "CATS" t shirt
    1 grey "Wildcat" t shirt
    1 long sleeved University of Ky t shirt
    1 grey Kentucky Wildcat sweatshirt
    1 blue Wildcat sweatshirt
    1 blue and white polo
    1 blue polo
    1 black Kentucky fleece
    1 Ky blue fleece
    1 blue boxer short
    1 blue and white boxer short
    1 blue and grey boxer short
    1 Wildcat boxer
    5 pairs of Nike white socks with blue trim.

I have to say starting about last Wednesday I was very excited about the upcoming Kansas game...

It might be noted there were assorted khakis and jeans in another load, I didn't walk around with no pants.

Sounds about right.

Including the part about wearing pants, but I'm not gonna judge.

OK, I'm going to say it: Bryan Adams gets a bad rap. His songs won't start a cultural revolution, but he didn't suck. The shuffle on my iPhone just brought up "It's Only Love," his duet with Tina Turner, and it's good. (Just about anything with Tina Turner's good, but still....)
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 02-02-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Left this morning with a jacket on and the heater on, and now a simple dress has me burning up. Hate weather like this.
    Fixed it
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

What's your home page? I've used MSN for years because that was my main email...now it's become a spam haven so rarely used. MSN does have a variety of stories but I'm pretty tired of their slant. I like to start off with national news and few local stories that no one is talking about on the boob tube.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Google search home page. Loads in a blink then I go to a bookmarked page from there. I may want to come here first, go to the weather or go to a news page. All right there with a click or two
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Google search home page. Loads in a blink then I go to a bookmarked page from there. I may want to come here first, go to the weather or go to a news page. All right there with a click or two
    That and the Firefox homepage.
    Use bookmarks from both...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

What's a home page? My computers never get turned off, so my home page is wherever I am...

Stupid groundhog.