Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 43 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Be careful, Mick. Looks like it's getting better, and with the sun out it ought to be ok, but who knows?

OLV has canceled 4:30, 7 and 8:30 Masses today and tomorrow already. I was hopeful 4:30 would be ok.

Re: Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Tell them you are an accountant. That has worked for me every time.
    Reminds me of the old joke,

What do Engineers/Lawyers/Accountants/your career of choice, use as birth control?

Their personalities...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Reminds me of the old joke,

What do Engineers/Lawyers/Accountants/your career of choice, use as birth control?

Their personalities...
    that is funny.
    Real Fan since 1958

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Be careful, Mick. Looks like it's getting better, and with the sun out it ought to be ok, but who knows?

OLV has canceled 4:30, 7 and 8:30 Masses today and tomorrow already. I was hopeful 4:30 would be ok.
    Much to my shock, they actually found some sand and put it on Old Montgomery Highway. I hadn't thought about masses being cancelled. I may wait for 11:00 am tomorrow.
    Real Fan since 1958

We went to Heardmont Park for a charity soccer game (Mills Sproull OMHS Alumni game) at 2 pm. Had ice on Hwy 119 in front of Oak Mountain Elementary that caused a little sliding, but was better on the way back.

St. Mark had regular Mass schedule, so OLV may have just been ultra cautious.

Today - use OBD2 reader to check error codes on SUV, reset and reset variable traction control thing from locked.

Check daughter's car, which hasn't been driven in more than a week before she starts it for first day of work tomorrow at 6 a.m. - battery discharged. Charge up battery, then start car, let it run awhile. Check again to make sure it starts again. Done.

Check youngest daughter's Jeep - starts right up fine. Has new battery in it that was replaced about a month ago, so thought that was the case. Check coolant level, as obd reader sometimes giving off a check coolant level message. Probably a saturated float, looked fine to me.

Check wife's van. It eats oil. Yep, two quarts low. Should've checked it a week or so ago. Fill up with oil. Run gently, then take to church.

In the meantime, water hose connection bursts and spraying water over daughter's car. Manhandle it with crescent wrench, get soaked in process in 22° temp, get turned off. Leave a drip because it will be very cold tonight, too.

So how has your day been?

I went to a retirement party for a long time customer this afternoon. Returned home to find that I had a missed call. I am sure it was the publishers clearing house sweepstakes calling to tell me that I needed to call back in the next 5 minutes to claim my 1 gazillion dollar prize.

Other than that, pretty much nothing
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Today - use OBD2 reader to check error codes on SUV, reset and reset variable traction control thing from locked.

Check daughter's car, which hasn't been driven in more than a week before she starts it for first day of work tomorrow at 6 a.m. - battery discharged. Charge up battery, then start car, let it run awhile. Check again to make sure it starts again. Done.

Check youngest daughter's Jeep - starts right up fine. Has new battery in it that was replaced about a month ago, so thought that was the case. Check coolant level, as obd reader sometimes giving off a check coolant level message. Probably a saturated float, looked fine to me.

Check wife's van. It eats oil. Yep, two quarts low. Should've checked it a week or so ago. Fill up with oil. Run gently, then take to church.

In the meantime, water hose connection bursts and spraying water over daughter's car. Manhandle it with crescent wrench, get soaked in process in 22° temp, get turned off. Leave a drip because it will be very cold tonight, too.

So how has your day been?
    Um...better than yours, apparently.

#1 Son returned Friday night from 6 months of working for the Disney College Program. This was his 2nd time doing the program and he finally decided he didn't think a career with the Disney Company was for him. So good that he figured that out, but:

(a) drove back from 70 degree central Florida to arrive back in 10 degree Kentucky--quite the shock to his system;

(b) has a parent-directed job-hunt starting today for a short-term job to bring in $ while he looks for something in his career field (TV/Film production). So that's a shock to the system, too.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

An 11lb dog on my right, my wife on my left. They fight to see who can snore the loudest. I've been up since 5am
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Um...better than yours, apparently.

#1 Son returned Friday night from 6 months of working for the Disney College Program. This was his 2nd time doing the program and he finally decided he didn't think a career with the Disney Company was for him. So good that he figured that out, but:

(a) drove back from 70 degree central Florida to arrive back in 10 degree Kentucky--quite the shock to his system;

(b) has a parent-directed job-hunt starting today for a short-term job to bring in $ while he looks for something in his career field (TV/Film production). So that's a shock to the system, too.

I'm glad you're pushing him to work, and if it makes you feel better you aren't alone. I've had so many friends pushing their kids into "get a job now' jobs, they seem to not get that you can just go get work that isn't on your degree program list b/c you might need things like room and board.

Anyway, my real concern is that he showed the poor judgement to not turn around somewhere in Georgia and go back and do the job search where it's nice and warm and the girls wear far less clothes pretty much all year long.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

^Me, too. He said he missed Kentucky and missed family, so Mrs. BEvans was thrilled to have him back.

But me--I was thinking "25, single, no commitments, stay in the warm weather and get the same type of job you can get up here while he works the career thing...what's wrong with this?"
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    An 11lb dog on my right, my wife on my left. They fight to see who can snore the loudest. I've been up since 5am
    You're a lucky man loyal wife and a happy dog... cherish the days. Buy ear plugs for the nights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Thanks blueboss. I do appreciate my plight. Plus I can't let you win.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Hungry, hungry hippo.

Anybody try apple cider vinegar as a regular dietary thing?

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    Thanks blueboss. I do appreciate my plight. Plus I can't let you win.
    This is crazy, especially considering how many sports threads I've killed.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Apparently I bought the wrong type of apple cider vinegar tonight. Who knew there was a "right" kind?

Use the vinegar to make some pickles
    seeya
    dan

Will give it to my wife. Or use it to clean battery cables.

Bought the right type this morning, Braggs organic, unfiltered with the "mother," sediment looking, cloudy, hopefully chock full of healthy stuff.

Will give it to my wife. Or use it to clean battery cables.

Bought the right type this morning, Braggs organic, unfiltered with the "mother," sediment looking, cloudy, hopefully chock full of healthy stuff.

If it's for homeopathic use that's the right stuff. They say you want the unfiltered, unpasteurized with the mother.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Hungry, hungry hippo.

Anybody try apple cider vinegar as a regular dietary thing?
    My brother-in-law is a chiropractor and he and his wife are into a lot of the holistic stuff. For years they've touted Bragg apple cider vinegar as a dietary supplement, usually as a drink with water and honey. Mrs. BEvans has stayed with it, more or less, over the years, but I've never tried it. Supposed to have a number of benefits and seems harmless, but I just don't get it myself.

I figured it was pretty harmless to throw a teaspoon or two in a glass of water 2-3 times a day, and it would make sure I drink more water.

As an appetite suppressant, I'm not lining up to give it supporting testimony, although that seemed to me to have the best science behind it with the pectin.

I'll try it for a month or so and see if I think it's doing anything. We'll see.

Last Post Wins

Got a haircut. Funny how 40 years ago it had to cover your ears and we wouldn't dream of getting it cut short for fear of being called an old man. Now I couldn't grow it long if I wanted to but the closer I have it cut (#1/2 and #1 clipper) the younger people say I look.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Getting a haircut Saturday... can't wait.

Got a bikini wax last week. All of last week, took a while for that first one.

It is raining, AGAIN
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Not sure it has ever stopped raining.

Animals are gathering by twos...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Can't sleep in a thunderstorm, as the thunder rolls in the valley here. 3 hours sleep ought to be ok.

I actually sleep great in thunderstorms. Loud thunder may rouse me but I find it comforting, go right back to sleep. No idea why.