Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 41 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Tired of being tired.

Tomorrow I get to drive to Mobile. And back. Terrible boring drive. Hoping for a good night's sleep tonight.
    Boring drive??? You're not driving fast enough!! 120 will spice things up, plus you'll get there and back quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Well, apparently the first two hours of the drive or so I get to listen to a video deposition. So that will be fun. It's of a computer IT chief for a major retailer. You know, something I have vast (no) experience with, and understand completely (not at all). The invigorating ins and outs of a computer POS terminal and related issues are sure to keep me on my toes and wide awake.

Bombino

Re: Last Post Wins

Well, apparently the first two hours of the drive or so I get to listen to a video deposition. So that will be fun. It's of a computer IT chief for a major retailer. You know, something I have vast (no) experience with, and understand completely (not at all). The invigorating ins and outs of a computer POS terminal and related issues are sure to keep me on my toes and wide awake.
    Wow, even for someone who knows a decent amount about IT, that sounds excruciating.

Thank you for reminding me how grateful I am that I don't do litigation any more. Yikes. You should get paid double for enduring that.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Sitting at a rest stop licking my wounds. And pouring coffee from a thermos. Brutal.

Bombino

Sitting at a rest stop licking my wounds. And pouring coffee from a thermos. Brutal.
    You might need something stronger than coffee to recover from that torture.

One should not complain when they have it so good. You could be sitting at a rest stop where the outside temperature is -5 with a -20 wind chill, and both destination cities start with a capital M
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Man, I don't know how you do it. I drive less than 4 hours one way, have a 3 hour meeting, drive back and I am beyond tired.

Man it's cold, already hate this weather.

Rented a Kia Optima from Hertz for my Mobile round trip. Got 34 mpg, Sirius radio, their Never lost GPS.

Paid $1.62. Love their rewards.

Last Post Wins

Galt House Christmas....

Nuff said.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

For those of you who never lived in KY or moved away when you were young, here is a taste of early winter weather in KY..............

This week alone

Thursday Hi 28 Low 16
    Friday Hi 51 Low 18
    Saturday Hi 67 Low forecast to be 26 with freezing rain and sleet over night 1/2 inch of ice and sleet accumulation
    Sunday forecast Hi 30 Low 14

18 degrees this morning then 67 degrees to freezing rain and sleet low of 14. Doncha just love it?
    seeya
    dan

B b brrrr. 14 degrees this morning. At least I got to take our new east end bridge this morning. Cut my 25 miles each way commute to about 11 AND I don't have to go downtown anymore Of course I'll likely not live long enough to see the end of the tolling :/
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    For those of you who never lived in KY or moved away when you were young, here is a taste of early winter weather in KY..............

This week alone

Thursday Hi 28 Low 16
    Friday Hi 51 Low 18
    Saturday Hi 67 Low forecast to be 26 with freezing rain and sleet over night 1/2 inch of ice and sleet accumulation
    Sunday forecast Hi 30 Low 14

18 degrees this morning then 67 degrees to freezing rain and sleet low of 14. Doncha just love it?
    My dear departed Mamaw would say it's the kind of weather where we'll all catch pneumonia. A real optimist, my Mamaw.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Kinda sniffling this morning, but hoping it's not a cold, but just the erratic weather, and/or my normal sinus issues.

Bombino

Last Post Wins

Made some rolls from scratch last night. Anyone have a good southern buttermilk biscuit recipe? I can't seem to find a good traditional one.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Please watch the video.

Hope this works for you

My grandma's recipe was the one I used for years, and it used lard instead of butter. They were flaky biscuits but they never rose high as the lard was never really cold when mixed with the flour. That recipe called for White Lilly all purpose flour always White Lilly, and added salt, baking powder and baking soda.

When I tried the recipe and technique in the video, I gave up on Grandma's recipe and have not looked back. Sorry Grandma

Doubling the recipe works just fine as long as you complete the process before the dough warms up before cutting and baking. I can not stress that enough as having a super cold dough when you begin rolling and folding is critical to fluffy and tender biscuits. You can place them 1/2 inch or so apart when backing if you like the biscuit to be browned on the sides, but they will not rise as high in the end
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 12-19-2016 at 02:12 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Bombino

Please watch the video.

Hope this works for you

My grandma's recipe was the one I used for years, and it used lard instead of butter. They were flaky biscuits but they never rose high as the lard was never really cold when mixed with the flour. That recipe called for White Lilly all purpose flour always White Lilly, and added salt, baking powder and baking soda.

When I tried the recipe and technique in the video, I gave up on Grandma's recipe and have not looked back. Sorry Grandma

Doubling the recipe works just fine as long as you complete the process before the dough warms up before cutting and baking. I can not stress that enough as having a super cold dough when you begin rolling and folding is critical to fluffy and tender biscuits. You can place them 1/2 inch or so apart when backing if you like the biscuit to be browned on the sides, but they will not rise as high in the end
    Thanks Dan, I plan to try this over the holiday break!

Btw, those are some great looking yeast rolls you cooked last night
    seeya
    dan

Bombino

Btw, those are some great looking yeast rolls you cooked last night
    Thanks! I followed this recipe: http://www.curiousnut.com/hokkaido-milk-rolls/. With my only changes being that I used instant yeast, so I skipped the activation step, just adding those ingredients directly to the dry goods and I scaled it up 1.25 to fit my larger pan.

Last Post Wins

I'm dragging this morning.

Ditto. Have a cold, drainage and coughing didn't let me sleep.

Last Post Wins

Better now, looking at the next four days off from work..

4 days off work would be nice. At least I'm off today and tomorrow - some of my co-workers aren't so I need to appreciate my luck.

Christmas Eve haircut!

No, not for me, smart alecks. With my son. But it would be nice if they would pretend not to know who was here for the haircut!

Christmas Eve haircut!

No, not for me, smart alecks. With my son. But it would be nice if they would pretend not to know who was here for the haircut!
    Few people would be that gifted at lying.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Few people would be that gifted at lying.
    I dunno. I've seen some waitresses do very well with their tips...

I dunno. I've seen some waitresses do very well with their tips...
    I was assuming it was a man. Women, of necessity given the male ego, are stunningly good liars on that subject.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

One day of R&R before firing up the grind...at least I've had back to back to back short weeks.

Day 8 of this cold. It's just mildly nagging now, congestion kinda stuff, but wish it would go away completely.