Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 38 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Going to be cold in the morning for gun season, but i love it.

Cats D laid another egg at UT
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Quote Originally Posted by truecatsfan View Post
    Going to be cold in the morning for gun season, but i love it.
    Seeing lots of carcasses on the I64 corridor between Louisville and Lexington....sad but a good sign they're moving.

Good luck!
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

One hour until closing performance of Romeo and Juliet at the local high school. I'll be there, will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    One hour until closing performance of Romeo and Juliet at the local high school. I'll be there, will you?
    Not without the X-men jet or help from Dr. Strange.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I've seen how you drive. You could make it.

Thanks for the PSA
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

is there a Fifth Amendment application to message boards?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Go to work it's dark, get home dark. Hate the time change.

Quote Originally Posted by truecatsfan View Post
    Go to work it's dark, get home dark. Hate the time change.
    This.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    This.
    Good news is when you get home in the morning from a long night of drinking it's still dark...silver lining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

1 day when I rule the world, we're going to spring forward once and never spring back. That way you get the benefit of the long summer evenings without it getting dark in the winter at 4 pm (an exaggeration, but not by much). I did some reading and the US had year-round DST from 1942-45 and for about 15 months in the early 70s. Just do it again and make it permanent. I'm trying to figure out who'd be against this.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

If DST lasts all year long, sunrise in dodge city kansas would occur at about 8:40 am on the shortest day of the year. I would not like that if I lived there
    seeya
    dan

On my way to deliver $28,000 worth of fruit. New line of work, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If DST lasts all year long, sunrise in dodge city kansas would occur at about 8:40 am on the shortest day of the year. I would not like that if I lived there
    That's the problem. They move it back b/c of how late the sun rises in winter.

The politics of it is really fascinating. There is actual lobbying over it and fighting over when to make the switch as well. Rural folks generally want more light in the mornings, esp. for kids waiting for buses etc.. in the 70s/80s the candy industry pushed to make sure the switch was after Halloween b/c they wanted more light for trick or treating. At least I think I have that straight.

They can make anything political it seems.

On my way to deliver $28,000 worth of fruit. New line of work, I guess.
    You may want to inspect the contents closer.

Are you sure you are not delivering truffles or saffron instead of fruit?
    seeya
    dan

Well, the Volvo is gonna have to make a lot of trips
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

When we started, I didn't have help.

For two hours, we had athletes helping. That was the golden hours.

Now it's coaches. And me. 20161117_152304.jpg

Last Post Wins

Getting close...

20161117_175532.jpg

Better turn the lights on.

I am finished. Headed home, skipping dinner and straight to an adult beverage.

Now I've got "30,000 pounds of bananas" by Harry Chapin stuck in my head.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 11-17-2016 at 08:31 PM.

My best guess is that it was 200,000 pounds of fruit. Could be a little less than that, but it was about 1,000 boxes of 10, 20 and 40-pound assortment of fruit. I am SO sore now, strained all kind of things. Also have nearly 8 miles on Fitbit today with 17,000 steps.

I was responsible for landing the sales in the hands of the student-athletes, collecting their forms, accounting for the forms, placing the order (my wife wasn't real happy to see the invoice come to me, by the way--neither was I), and oversee distribution. The student-athletes were responsible for picking up the orders and delivering it to their end-customers.

The truck arrived around 11:15 this morning and had to be emptied. The A.D. and I emptied the entire truck together; me with a pallet jack inside the truck, and he was driving the forklift.

Then when they were emptied, because the boxes were a mismatch on different pallets, we had to assimilate the boxes together. Then place them strategically where workers could load them into cars, in a logical (designed with the form in mind) order.

That took about 90 minutes with very little help. At 1 pm pickup began with cars driving through--we had one board member getting names, pulling their forms, and then handing the form to me--where I had to hand-pull every box for 30-40 minutes by myself and load every car. No help.

At 1:40, athletic P.E. began, and for a period of about two hours, we had tons of help. I tried to do as little as possible then, while the able-bodied young men and women hoisted the boxes, and I sometimes called out the orders, walking with the cars down the aisle.

And then school ended, and practices began or weren't called, and they left, and fortunately, there were a few coaches that hung around. But I was one of about 5 or 6 for most of the time. I didn't really like taking the order form and calling out the order, so I got on the assembly line, and pulled fruit and loaded. When we were low on coaches, I would walk down the line farther and load more, but it got to the point where I was basically loading from 2-3 pallets (there were 17 pallets with different boxes of fruit), and then return for the next person and load from there again.

Finally at 6 our time, it was supposed to stop--we had 12 people who had not picked up their orders, which wasn't bad, and two people that did not turn in orders that needed to be filled. One of them plays on the same club and school team as my son, so I was trying my best to accommodate them, even though Ryan "forgot" to bring his order form--it was in the living room, a full six weeks past due, and of course, way past the time for ordering fruit. Anyway, we got very lucky, as I ordered extra fruit in case of problems--there were none, shockingly, as the accounting was perfect--and we could fill the late orders.

Big success. Lot of pain. I'm too old for that nonsense. Next year I may help on the accounting end of it, but I don't think I will be there for delivery day.

Daggone Darrell. Next year hand truck it into the cafeteria and let people come in and pick up their orders.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Clean the gutters, then......

seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Daggone Darrell. Next year hand truck it into the cafeteria and let people come in and pick up their orders.
    It would take forever.

Believe it or not, this is the product of a lot of study and manpower on how to make the process the most efficient possible.

Hand trucking it into the cafeteria (we could actually use the forklift to drive to the cafeteria door, so that part is easy) would be one thing. It would take extra time to get it in there, and it is sometimes used (it was Thursday) for some sort of cheerleader practice. Or was it flag? Or something.

Anyway, the problem would exist at pickup. Having 200 orders have to haul an average of 100 pounds each back to their own car would be a catastrophe. First, the cafeteria isn't immediately adjacent to the parking lot. There is a very broad sidewalk, but it requires maybe 150 feet to walk to get to it, and that doesn't count where you park.

Then you figure--how are we going to get little old ladies (OK, 40-somethings) to haul their fruit boxes? If they only had a 10-pound box, or maybe a 20, then they could do that, I guess. Larger than that, maybe they could hand truck it back to their car, and then return the hand truck back to the cafeteria. And over and over, so on and so forth.

No, it's just a miserable experience that produces about $25,000 badly needed dollars for the athletic program each year that a few souls with sucker written on their forehead have to deal with. I'm king of that category.

Darrell, are you sure that there was only one truck that made the delivery to the parking lot?
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Darrell, are you sure that there was only one truck that made the delivery to the parking lot?
    Yup. I was inside it, using the pallet jack to drag each pallet to the edge of the truck so the A.D. could take it with the forklift. Every. Dang. Pallet.

(But it wasn't bad with the pallet jack. Kind of fun, actually. If my day had stopped with that, it would've been ok.)