Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 32 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Who likes black (licorice) jelly beans? I never acquired a taste for them....

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    The very first professional game I attended was Cincy vs San Diego at Riverfront Stadium in 1974. It just happened to be Camera Day, and anyone was allowed to go down on the field and take pictures of the players*, who were standing behind a rope on the edge of the infield. So not only was I actually going into this huge stadium and seeing this piercing green of the astroturf, but I was being allowed to go down on the same field where my heroes played and stand within 5 feet of them. Absolutely exciting and a little overwhelming.

*--Players from both teams, too. Willie McCovey was playing for San Diego at that time, and he was out there for photos. Biggest person I'd ever seen.
    I used to love camera day--it was our favorite promotional game to attend. A close second was "Bat Day," when they gave out legitimate, life-size, regulation wooden bats. I don't remember the game--I think the opponent was Cincinnati--on Bat Night one year. I remember we had a bases-clearing triple that won the game for the Cardinals (I think in the 8th inning). You had 40,000 bats or so waving up in the air. Amazing somebody didn't get hurt badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Who likes black (licorice) jelly beans? I never acquired a taste for them....
    Present!
    Love Black licorice...
    I also like Horehound Candy...

One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Present!
    Love Black licorice...
    I also like Horehound Candy...

Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Freshman

Boeing 737's are the worst planes to fly on. I have flown on them 4 times and each flight has been bumpy. Blah.

Best jet airplanes ever, 747 and L-1011
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Best jet airplanes ever, 747 and L-1011
    B-52 and Blackbird

You win, but few people get the chance to fly in those two.
    seeya
    dan

Flew in a L1011 back from Hawaii once. The flight was almost empty, it was wonderful. It had a center row of 5 seats, I took the whole row and stretched out and slept off some of the vacation. It wasn't till I was on one about empty that it hit me how big they are really if you take out all those seats.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Freshman

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Flew in a L1011 back from Hawaii once. The flight was almost empty, it was wonderful. It had a center row of 5 seats, I took the whole row and stretched out and slept off some of the vacation. It wasn't till I was on one about empty that it hit me how big they are really if you take out all those seats.
    I always end up on full flights. Nothing like a long flight in the center seat of the center row. Teamnosleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dethbylt View Post
    I always end up on full flights. Nothing like a long flight in the center seat of the center row. Teamnosleep.
    It's happened once in many flights. I've had some that aren't insane, but none that were just that empty.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Last Post Wins

In Saigon (the locals DO NOT call it Ho Chi Minh City, read into that what you want) right now having a blast of a time!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 08-17-2016 at 06:07 AM.

Cool! Love the pics!

Well Ohio is still there, and I left it as I found it. Blehhhh
    seeya
    dan

Tuesday night I decided I wouldn't buy a motorcycle, or even a scooter, as I have off-and-on planned.

I'm driving down Highway 119 near my house to take my son to soccer. An idiot in a van pulls out of a church parking lot right in front of me to take a left on this highway (speed limit 55).

No problem for me. I brake in plenty of time. It wasn't that close, just a stupid move if the other driver wasn't paying attention, or if your call stalled even temporarily, etc.

But what I didn't say is that there was a motorcycle traveling in his direction, going about the speed limit, maybe 55. One of the scariest things I've ever witnessed. My son and I thought the motorcycle driver was going to die due to no fault of his own.

Instead, on this tiny, two-late road, with no shoulder, the motorcycle driver expertly passed the car on what was basically a ditch, moved over after passing, and avoided a collision and likely serious injuries or death. Great job of driving that motorcycle. We pulled over, because I knew there was going to be a collision, and I was getting in position to help (not that I'd be much help), and watched. Both the motorcycle and the car pulled over a couple tenths of a mile past there. I don't think there was any contact--maybe just regaining their pulse under control.

It was at that moment I turned to my son and told him I wasn't buying one. I don't think I could have pulled that off without serious injury.

Last Post Wins

I went down on a bike when I was 17, luckily I escaped serious injury. That was it for me, I decided at that very minute that I would never own another one.

I must admit I've recently thought about getting one, but stories like yours remind me why I don't need one.

Thanks...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I have gone back and forth between "wimping" out and getting a Honda PCX150 (it's a scooter, but still can hit 70mph) to a "starter" motorcycle. I thought the PCX 150 would placate my wife as "not a motorcycle," but apparently she saw right through it.

Wasn't worth the ill will to get it, even though I contemplated telling her I'd just drive it to work--2.5 miles away from my house, all in the same neighborhood--and then I knew I'd be riding it elsewhere anyway, so I abandoned that thought. So I soften her up a little more, and get to the point where I think, "more life insurance--a motorcycle safety course--and she'll go for it." Then I see what i see with my own two eyes, and realize I just don't need to do that. Not now, at least.

Attachment 5697 Just another day.....
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

You're my kind of people Coastie. That may or may not be a good thing for you of course.

I try. I asked her if she ever watches Modern Family....I told her I'd be her Jay, if she'll be my Gloria!
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Bombino

Last Post Wins

When you want to go home from the bar and God says NO!

Went to a soccer game last Saturday--it was overcast, didn't think about the sun. Got sunburned on my neck. (Final score was 28-21; it was a 7-touchdown game).

Needed some KFC-scented sunscreen. Next time I'll be ready.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...reen/89130838/

Last Post Wins

Wheweeee!! Back to HHH. 93 degrees with a heat index of 100.

Do not make this mistake. I was in Lexington today, got up at a God awful hour to be there way ahead of the class so I could set up for the class. It is one of those 12 days a year I teach a class to customers. Anyhoo, it is peach ice cream season at Graeters, and I was determined to haul some home after the class was over. I called the Graeters in Hamburg to see if they had the dry ice to pack up my order for the trip home and they said they did. Left the class, which took place at the Four Points hotel just off Newtown road a little after 4:00 pm and hopped on I-75 for the short jaunt to Graeters. Took about 10 mins to get my order and as I was leaving the parking lot I was having a debate with myself as to the quickest way to get to Versailles road, and I made the THE WRONG choice. I will never make the mistake of driving on Man O War again. I was just sure that was the best way instead of going 8-10 miles back up the interstate to Newtown, then to New Circle then off on Versailles road. It took me 42 minutes to go approximately 18 miles on Man O War. It would have been a 20-25 min trip had I gone the other way.

Driver beware
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Do not make this mistake. I was in Lexington today, got up at a God awful hour to be there way ahead of the class so I could set up for the class. It is one of those 12 days a year I teach a class to customers. Anyhoo, it is peach ice cream season at Graeters, and I was determined to haul some home after the class was over. I called the Graeters in Hamburg to see if they had the dry ice to pack up my order for the trip home and they said they did. Left the class, which took place at the Four Points hotel just off Newtown road a little after 4:00 pm and hopped on I-75 for the short jaunt to Graeters. Took about 10 mins to get my order and as I was leaving the parking lot I was having a debate with myself as to the quickest way to get to Versailles road, and I made the THE WRONG choice. I will never make the mistake of driving on Man O War again. I was just sure that was the best way instead of going 8-10 miles back up the interstate to Newtown, then to New Circle then off on Versailles road. It took me 42 minutes to go approximately 18 miles on Man O War. It would have been a 20-25 min trip had I gone the other way.

Driver beware
    Sorry about the melt down, but thanks for the heads up on the peach ice cream... I'm not going to tell you how close Graeters is from my house.

Do not delay. The person waiting on me, said they would only have it for another couple of weeks at best. They have other flavors that are great, but imo, none are as good as the fresh peach.

At one time, Man O War was a great bypass around down town for many folks traveling from west to east and vice versa to connect with several southern feeder roads as well as I-75. Now it is so over developed that is is a cluster.

On the "melt down", great play on words for sure, they put so much dry ice in the cooler that it will take 2 days for the ice cream to soften up in my freezer before we can eat it. Frozen hard as a rock when I got to BG.
    seeya
    dan

Love the glowing flutterbyes
    seeya
    dan

I like southern middle Tennessee a lot more than I like any part of Ohio
    seeya
    dan