Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 30 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Post Wins

3 miles in 90 degree, 57% humidity. 41 oz dehydration.

Re: Last Post Wins

Did you stop to take your forehead temperature?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Did you stop to take your forehead temperature?
    I should've brought my temperature gun, dang it!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I should've brought my temperature gun, dang it!
    I can't believe it leaves your person. They don't make ankle holsters for them?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I can't believe it leaves your person. They don't make ankle holsters for them?
    It was in the car, so it wasn't far away. I have a carry permit for it.

Freshman

Why the heck do different organizations have so many different fiscal years? I have worked in three distinct business sectors for my adult life and they all have different year ends.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by dethbylt View Post
    Why the heck do different organizations have so many different fiscal years? I have worked in three distinct business sectors for my adult life and they all have different year ends.
    The calendar works well....Not sure why we just don't follow it. I kind of get it for me, I work at a college. But it still seems like the calendar would work just fine

Just finished work for the day... Ridiculous. Client on the west coast it wasn't bad going to 10 pm.... Ugh

A nationwide map that breaks down (by county) what people call soft drinks: pop, coke, soda, etc.:

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/201...t3.05.00PM.png
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Very interesting map. I call them "soft drinks," 99% of the time. No surprise that I'm an "other."

I have never asked for an other at a restaurant or asked someone at the grocery store where they stocked the others.
    seeya
    dan

I have never asked for an other at a restaurant or asked someone at the grocery store where they stocked the others.
    You should try it sometime. It's other-worldly.

Growing up I called it Coke, and though there are only 3 responses from my county they 100% said coke so at least I was true to my origins.

Now I call it soda, but since I gave them up a while ago now I really don't call them anything.

here's the link to that map where you can see the data for each county by state (I got curious if the map had a bigger version so I could see the counties in Kentucky):

http://www.popvssoda.com/countystats/total-county.html
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

My grandfather in Missourah always called them sodie pops, and I've stuck with it since I was a kid. Now my grandson is calling them sodie pops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Looking at Kentucky, it looks like the line of demarcation pretty much runs pretty close to I-75; pop to the east, coke to the west. Being from far northeastern Kentucky (Greenup County) and my wife being from far southwestern Kentucky (Carlisle County), it seems there are big differences in the 2 different parts of the state, so this matches up IMHO.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-20-2016 at 07:08 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Looking at Kentucky, it looks like the line of demarcation pretty much runs pretty close to I-75; pop to the east, coke to the west. Being from far northeastern Kentucky (Greenup County) and my wife being from far southwestern Kentucky (Carlisle County), it seems there are big differences in the 2 different parts of the state, so this matches up IMHO.
    Part of the middle of the state has just one beverage, Ale-8-one. The guys I went to college with from the Bath County area just call it "Ale-8", it was the only one for them.

^Yep, went to college in central Kentucky and I was surprised what a thing it was--especially during finals. Supposedly had more caffeine than the average soda.

Ale8 is an acquired taste and I do not intend to drink enough of it to acquire one
    seeya
    dan

Well, I don't drink "soda/soft drinks/pop/cokes" so I won't be ordering it. But it is intriguing. From wikipedia:

The recipe for Ale-8 is a closely guarded family secret. Reportedly, only two executives—former company president Frank A. Rogers, III and his oldest son, Fielding Rogers, the current president—know the exact composition. According to the product label, Ale-8's ingredients include "carbonated water, sugar and/or corn sweetener, glycerine, natural and artificial flavorings, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preservative), caramel coloring, phosphoric acid, [and] caffeine." Each 12-fluid ounce (355-ml) serving contains 37 mg of caffeine and 30 g of sugars. (For comparison, the same serving of Coca Cola Classic in the U.S. has 34 mg of caffeine and 39 g of sugars.) The company readily admits that natural ginger is included among Ale-8's flavorings. A trace of citrus can also be discerned.

In 2003, the company announced limited distribution of Diet Ale-8, its first new product since the introduction of the original Ale-8 in 1926. Diet Ale 8 contains 44 mg of caffeine (compared to 45 mg for Diet Coke) and no sugars. The diet variety is sweetened with a mixture of acesulfame potassium and sucralose, the latter being more commonly known under the brand name Splenda.
    Caffeine Free Diet Ale 8 followed in March 2011, when requests from caffeine restricted customers reported not being able to drink Ale-8 at all or later in the day. In addition to not having any caffeine, it is also sweetened with Splenda and has been formulated with this population in mind.

Ale8 is an acquired taste and I do not intend to drink enough of it to acquire one
    I tried it once, not my cup of tea, so to speak.

Bombino

I really feel like this is an odd generational quirk. Almost nobody that I know in my parents generation likes Ale-81. They all call it Kentucky Swampwater, whereas my generation absolutely LOVES it. Hell, my gf tried it for the first time when she was here last year and it was one of her favorite soda's EVER. She said it was the first ginger ale where you can really taste the ginger flavor. She liked it so much she had me pick up a six pack to bring back to VA while she was finished her stay.

It was first bottled in 1926. There are lots of people in Eastern KY that grew up on it and still drink it today
    seeya
    dan

BTW, talk of soft drinks and acquired tastes reminds me of Club Cool at Epcot. They have free samples of Coca-Cola brand soft drinks from around the world.

There's this one called "Beverly" from Italy that is the embodiment of "acquired taste." Imagine fizzy water with the taste of aspirin and whatever the ingredient is that makes some cough syrups have a bad aftertaste: that's what Beverly tastes like. It's funny to watch people try that for the 1st time.

BTW, I come down on the side of not caring for Ale8. I could drink it if I had to, but I'd hope I never had to.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-22-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Company i work for just changed its fiscal year to the calendar year, much better. Ale 8 is def an aquired taste and i can't aquire it. I am approaching 40 and can't seem to get the motivation to work out or eat healthily anymore, likely because i'm not as concerned about my appearance and since i dont play sports anymore i really cant convince myself it matters as much as doing something with the family.
    Go Cats!

i like Ale 8 OK, never loved it. Did love Diet Mountain Dew, and Coke/Diet Coke, but don't drink them now.

It's tea and alcohol only now. Mostly tea, but I'm working on that part.

Last Post Wins

I just got back from "The" Krogers, I stumbled over a sodie pop on the specialty sodie shelve. I often stand at the specialty sodie pop shelf and try and talk myself into buying some crazy sodie pop. Tonight I caved and bought a four pack of a Kroger product with their Private Selection label, it's huckleberry hibiscus cream soda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I would not drink it, but would put it on display on a shelf in the house as a conversation starter for your guests
    seeya
    dan

Freshman

I would not drink it, but would put it on display on a shelf in the house as a conversation starter for your guests
    I think it is time for Makers Mark Ale 8-1 bottles.

Freshman

I win?

Probably not.