Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 26 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Saw a brief news tweet on it when I did a search for "I-65" and "overturned," and it apparently was an overturned motor home. Blocked both lanes. It was miserable. They finally got one lane semi-open.

Hope and pray the occupants of the motorhome were ok. Makes a traffic delay seem oh-so-petty.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    That is not good. I had not been south of Birmingham in the summer in many years, but we took that trip to Destin and the traffic coming home on Thursday afternoon was absolutely horrific north of Montgomery when we got on the big road. Got a lot better once we got close to Huntsville. That is a MAJOR north south artery and needs to be widened in the worst way. By next year
    1-65 will be at least 3 lanes both way from the Tennessee border to the Indiana Border in KY
    And 75 is 3 lane from north Scott county all the way to well past Berea IIRC. It's getting close to 3 lanes from Lexington to Cincy.

You'd think a people efficient enough to stock their beer right next to the shotgun shells would have the interstates worked out.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Ugh!! Back to work. After two weeks it's tough dragging out the door and trying to get back on a schedule...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

You notice the dearth of sympathetic comments?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    You notice the dearth of sympathetic comments?
    I've been trying to work up to it. Not there yet.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Thankfully we've got a long holiday weekend to look forward to.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Cannot believe I am at home instead of at the Hoover Met watching an instant classic.

#1 Florida v #7 LSU in the 11th inning of a 3-3 game.

Oops.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 05-26-2016 at 12:42 AM.

Last Post Wins

I finished the last of my Chilton County Strawberries tonight...

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I finished the last of my Chilton County Strawberries tonight...

Didn't buy enough!

Last Post Wins

Should have, could have and froze some but the idea is having fresh fruit...Plus we got the tail end of the harvest, they were the best strawberries that I can recall ever having. That coming from someone that lives close to a pretty good strawberry patch in S Indiana, Starlight IN.

My wife makes her shortcakes with warm pie crust berries and vanilla ice cream.

Don't blame you. You did the right thing. Just come back and visit in a month and get some peaches and cobbler. I know I will.

Son just called. On his way to visit friends in Atlanta today.

That's good.

No, that's bad. Had a flat tire on the side of the road.

Oh, that's bad.

No, that's good. He was still in town.

That is good.

No, that's bad. It was on highway 280, the busiest, most congested roadway in Birmingham.

That is bad.

No, that's good. It was close to Walmart where he bought the tires and they can check it.

Oh, then that is good.

No, that's bad. Walmart. Tires. Really?

See what you mean. That is bad.

No, that's good. He at least bought name brand tires.

That is good.

No, that's bad. That means they'll be more expensive to replace.

Oh, sorry. That's bad.

No, that's good. He only has 350 miles on that tire.

Wow, that is good.

No, that's bad. They'll probably say he hit a pothole or something and it wasn't covered under warranty.

Oh, I can see that. That's bad.

No, that's good. He bought the road hazard warranty when he bought the tire.

I give up.

Why? That's good. Anybody should know that.

Way to go Archie Campbell...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

He He He... Haw Haw.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Don't blame you. You did the right thing. Just come back and visit in a month and get some peaches and cobbler. I know I will.
    We got a few peaches, they were small, but real sweet and juicy.

Down to my last two peaches...

He He He... Haw Haw.
    Maybe he should call BR-549 and see if Junior has any rides in stock.

Gonna need a bigger boat if I can't lose weight.

Good day of racing yesterday. Rookie driver wins Indy 500, and winner of the Coke 600 almost led from start to finish to capture the race for the first time for him and his one car independent race team.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Gonna need a bigger boat if I can't lose weight.

I'm really liking this Center Console Cobia.

Has any of you ever met KarltheFog in San Francisco? Yes, that's its name..... https://www.facebook.com/ronald.bine...7164800402514/
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Link is dead now Coastie, that must have been some facebook page.

They probably took the page down because it was associated the with the Putin parody page.
    seeya
    dan

Coffee is a wonderful thing.

It is one of those substances that smells a lot better than they taste
    seeya
    dan

I'm decaffeinated now. About a year and a half ago, I eliminated caffeine from my diet. Three weeks of headaches ensued, but I got past it and am glad I did it.

I'm using the caffeine stimulation to stave off Alzheimers. In my case, I probably waited too late.

Last Post Wins

Quit drinking coffee 20 years ago. I do continue to drink soft drinks with caffeine, all though I try to stay away from the ones with higher caffeine content... Oh, and iced tea.