Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 25 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

I was hoping aliens were involved. From other planets, not other countries.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

That would not make my week unusual.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

2 days and about 20 hours. May I now be declared the winner? If you need my mailing/shipping address for the grand prize, just PM me and I will share it with you. Party and Drinks at Darrell's house

seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

For future reference... And I may devote a separate thread to this - BBQ joints in the Birmingham area.

uploadfromtaptalk1462396766347.jpg

Last Post Wins

I'll be through next Tuesday, staying a wee bit farther south than usual around Clanton. I'll miss my annual Jim'n Nicks rib war that I usually lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I still can't believe they closed Billy's BBQ in Lexington is closed. It was always my go to BBQ when in town.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRdallen View Post
    I still can't believe they closed Billy's BBQ in Lexington is closed. It was always my go to BBQ when in town.
    All things "Billy" got ran out of Lexington...
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    All things "Billy" got ran out of Lexington...
    lol.

Not a lot of BBQ in this area, hasn't really ever been a lot of it. I hear good things about Blue Door Smokehouse over on Walton avenue, near Winchester road. it's #1 on trip advisor, I keep meaning to go, will do it this next week and stop putting it off.

I know Red State is really good, they're a little out of town on Georgetown road. City BBQ gets good reviews too, but haven't been there either.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Lots of damage yesterday in Mayfield and surrounding area from a tornado that stayed on the ground for a while. It missed the Graves Co schools campus and approx 1600 students by 1/8th of a mile. Lots of hail, street, and agricultural ground flooding in the Owensboro area. Flooding was bad enough that it floated cars into the drainage ditches.
    seeya
    dan

Thankful it missed the school.

I'm all burnt up!! I did land several pompano, a couple of whiting, and a lady fish or two.

Back from a wedding reception. Tired. Asked to go out after the reception. All I could think was, "I'd have fun out, but then I'd have to go home."

Man, I'm old.

I'm whipped too. Long auction today. Did good, but really long. Didn't get any sun though.

Do you have a favorite ice cream? Mine is peach ice cream from Graters. There is no better peach ice cream in the world than theirs. It can only be found when fresh peaches are in season.
    seeya
    dan

This used to be my drive to/from work daily....now, my son makes this drive.

Last Post Wins

Damn!! The luck!!!

Came out to jump in the car to go out to eat and the battery is dead.

Prayers please! Don't want to have to do some crazy mechanical thing while on vacation. I hope it's just the battery and not the alternator or some such thing.

If needed does anybody have a good mechanic in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Perdido Key area???

No, but if you wait about 44 hours, I'll be in Mobile. That's pretty close.

Given your auto analytical abilities that is just cold
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Given your auto analytical abilities that is just cold
    Lol. Hey, I have an OBD reader Bluetooth thing now. And an app. Surely that's worth something.

Damn!! The luck!!!

Came out to jump in the car to go out to eat and the battery is dead.

Prayers please! Don't want to have to do some crazy mechanical thing while on vacation. I hope it's just the battery and not the alternator or some such thing.

If needed does anybody have a good mechanic in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Perdido Key area???

Going strictly on word of mouth, I have not heard anything bad about these guys, yet.
    I work for a local lift manufacturer and folks that service our lifts have never said anything "bad" about these folks, and again I say, yet.
    And blueboss, I pray it was just a drained battery...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Going strictly on word of mouth, I have not heard anything bad about these guys, yet.
    I work for a local lift manufacturer and folks that service our lifts have never said anything "bad" about these folks, and again I say, yet.
    I appreciate all the prayers and tips, through all my meanderings last night I ended up at Advance Auto where I bought a booster/portable starter ($54.00). The guy there sent me to Gulf Shores Service Center because Advance doesn't carry my battery type.

So this morning I used my new booster/starter to get me to the the service center, where they are currently charging my battery. They ran a diagnostic check and it's not the alternator. It could however be some kind of drain thing going on.

To be continued...

Boss, this is probably not what is causing your problem, but wanted to throw this out for you just in case. 3 years ago I had a 2 year old battery that went bad, but it took 4 different mechanics to sniff out the problem. I would try to start the truck and nothing happened, not even a click. Boost the system and it would start just fine and not have a problem for days and days, then the same thing would happen. Alternator tested fine, and the battery tested fine on several occasions.

I had gone for an oil change at a service center and when I went to start the truck after the change was complete, nothing happened. The service center employees brought a battery tester and checked the battery and it was deader than a hammer. After listening to my story about past issues one of the older mechanics said that one of the plates in the battery had come loose from its mount and would move around inside the case as I traveled and at times would cause a dead short when it came into contact with the plate next to it.

I bought a new battery and have not had the problem since. Dang near drove me bonkers for a few months though
    seeya
    dan

Okay it seems to be holding after getting a complete charge. Not sure if something was left on draining the battery and it was so low it needed to be charged completely. I checked, the battery is 25 months old so it is still under warranty, so if I have to change it at least there's that.

I highly recommend Gulf Shores Service Center. Some good'ole boys, ran every kind of check and charged my battery all for free, They said they were just glad to be able to help me out. Or if you have 44 hours Darrell will drive over and get you fixed up...if not and you find yourself in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Perdido Key area and your car goes kaput, call these guys.

I now have the booster/starter deal, so worst case I can boost start my way back home and get it to my trusted mechanic, and exercise my warranty to get a new battery.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    I appreciate all the prayers and tips, through all my meanderings last night I ended up at Advance Auto where I bought a booster/portable starter ($54.00). The guy there sent me to Gulf Shores Service Center because Advance doesn't carry my battery type.

So this morning I used my new booster/starter to get me to the the service center, where they are currently charging my battery. They ran a diagnostic check and it's not the alternator. It could however be some kind of drain thing going on.

To be continued...
    Thanks for the tips...never know when I may be in that area myself.

Tomorrow I'll be driving a rental car, though. It'll be Hertz's issue if there's a car problem....

Last Post Wins

Well, the charge didn't hold so I had to replace the battery. The Gulf Shores Service Center I went to this morning where the good ole boys were so helpful did not carry Interstate batteries.

I looked up Pappy's recommendation and bingo! Interstate batteries! GSBP were as equally helpful as GSSC.

My battery was still under warranty so they replaced and installed it for $24.00.

Still TBD if there is something more sinister going on, but for now everything is as it should be, the car starts when I turn the key.

Thanks again Pappy!

To be continued...

Last Post Wins

Hope you are not returning via I-65 this afternoon, as I am. Here is my view.uploadfromtaptalk1463780425015.jpg

Darrell are there any plans to add lanes to I-65 50 miles north of Birmingham and then south to at least Montgomery, if not Mobile?
    seeya
    dan

Not to my knowledge. That was northbound I 65, but due to an overturned bus or Winnebago across the interstate. Didn't look good. I was still 150 miles south of Birmingham there.

That is not good. I had not been south of Birmingham in the summer in many years, but we took that trip to Destin and the traffic coming home on Thursday afternoon was absolutely horrific north of Montgomery when we got on the big road. Got a lot better once we got close to Huntsville. That is a MAJOR north south artery and needs to be widened in the worst way. By next year
    1-65 will be at least 3 lanes both way from the Tennessee border to the Indiana Border in KY
    seeya
    dan

Traffic was a piece of cake today, except for that. I had a 1:30 meeting in Robertsdale/Mobile vicinity, left about 3, had that major traffic foul-up, and still made it back to Birmingham by 7.