Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 24 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Jolly ranchers? No thanks - I prefer softer candy. If I found a bag of gummy Life Savers (or gummi beard, etc), I would be in trouble.

(Actually, Starburst might be evrn a bigger weakness for me).

Last Post Wins

I officially am sick of Sour Patch Kids, and still have a pound and half left.

Got a hankering for jelly beans but Brach's are really hard to find past Easter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Thanks pedro, I'll check them out. I have your post where you helped me with the K value and CRI, and it looks like the strip LEDs have much higher options for CRI than some of these lights but maybe I live with that.

One good thing about our new auction gallery location. One of the local dealers for those RAB lights is a few buildings down from me. I'll go check them out.

My electric bill is pretty high given my use, I think b/c of the large number of old ballasts. Most of them are dead, but there are probably well over 1,000 florescent lights in the building, most a single T12 4' bulb. I assume we'd be brighter than the sun if I replaced them all, but there's no need, but just replacing what we do use with LED is sure to help, just not sure how much b/c I haven't done the homework. But I do need lots of good diffuse light for the photo areas.
    Wow, over 1000 fluorescents is just insane. You might be better off hiring a lighting designer. On a scale this big, there is going to be a LOT to consider with respect to hot-spots, dark-spots, efficient energy usage etc. As for the ballasts, I seem to remember depending on how they die, some blown ballasts can still draw electircity and just produce heat (which increases your electric bills)

Sitting in the emergency room of the hospital. And how are you spending your Saturday night/Sunday morning?

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Sitting in the emergency room of the hospital. And how are you spending your Saturday night/Sunday morning?
    Writing an 8 page research paper at the last minute. Guess I should not complain..

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I officially am sick of Sour Patch Kids, and still have a pound and half left.

Got a hankering for jelly beans but Brach's are really hard to find past Easter.

I saw a print add last night for Sour Patch Ice Cream
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Bombino

WOw, I hope everything is ok!

Yeah, daughter had a concussion. In a freaking musical of all things. Was hit in the head by a heavy podium being moved off stage during a scene change. She's OK, they told her she couldn't perform today, so, of course, I'm posting from intermission where she's performing today.

I did not know what happened but knew something occurred last night when I saw two girls interlocking arms with her, and she was sideways almost. More later, act 2

Bombino

Yeah, daughter had a concussion. In a freaking musical of all things. Was hit in the head by a heavy podium being moved off stage during a scene change. She's OK, they told her she couldn't perform today, so, of course, I'm posting from intermission where she's performing today.

I did not know what happened but knew something occurred last night when I saw two girls interlocking arms with her, and she was sideways almost. More later, act 2
    Glad to hear she is OK, she must have taken a pretty nasty knock.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Wow, over 1000 fluorescents is just insane. You might be better off hiring a lighting designer. On a scale this big, there is going to be a LOT to consider with respect to hot-spots, dark-spots, efficient energy usage etc. As for the ballasts, I seem to remember depending on how they die, some blown ballasts can still draw electircity and just produce heat (which increases your electric bills)
    That's a good point on those ballasts. It would help explain the electric bills.

we don't use them all, most are burned out. It doesn't really need to be well done, just so we can see to handle inventory and we get by now with maybe 30% or so of the lights working. Other than the photo areas and our actual gallery and such, those are all working fine. But the warehouse we can work in without a lot of light.

But I do want the photo areas working well and taking better pics. I need to get the right colors on things, and then get enough lumens that I can then put up cloth to then diffuse the light and cut the glare.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Glad she's OK D. I didn't know they had full contact musical theater. Does ESPN know about this?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

That's a good point on those ballasts. It would help explain the electric bills.

we don't use them all, most are burned out. It doesn't really need to be well done, just so we can see to handle inventory and we get by now with maybe 30% or so of the lights working. Other than the photo areas and our actual gallery and such, those are all working fine. But the warehouse we can work in without a lot of light.

But I do want the photo areas working well and taking better pics. I need to get the right colors on things, and then get enough lumens that I can then put up cloth to then diffuse the light and cut the glare.
    Understood, I think if you focus on using the higher CRI stuff for your photo area and the cheaper higher power lower CRI stuff for around the warehouse you should be good. The high CRI stuff is REALLY good for showing off jewelry. Much better than metal-halide or fluorescent lamps, the full color range with a strong blue peak can make jewelry really sparkle.

Also, it might be a good idea to get your electrician (or yourself) to disconnect the dead ballasts to try and save some energy.

Glad she's OK D. I didn't know they had full contact musical theater. Does ESPN know about this?
    Would be more sports than World Poker Stars.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 04-24-2016 at 08:59 PM.

I'll definitely start disconnecting those ballasts. I need to go up and just take out every other row and replace the ones that are left. The building is big, almost 32,000sf, so it'll be a process.

I'm definitely going to replace the lights for photos, then worry with the rest. Great advice as always Pedro,thanks.

Now if you can just find me someone to help do the cataloging work for us...

I have some funny stories about the incident and the E. R. now, but it will have to wait until I get some sleep. Funny now, of course.

Never a dull moment, it seems.

I wasn't planning on attending the Saturday night performance, but you know how you get those weird feelings sometimes, and it's not gas? I just thought I ought to go, so I did. Rachel's sister was in town from Nashville to watch it, along with a friend of hers and my middle children, so I tagged along.

The scene change occurred near the end of "Footloose, the Musical," where they are seated in church and the preacher announces he's lifting the ban on dancing. She was in the front "pew" and seated when a boy was taking the podium on or off the stage--it is supposed to be carried by two people, but one of them wasn't where he was supposed to be, so they are taught to manage anything--and the boy, who played "Chuck Cranston," is a strong guy, offensive lineman on the football team, so he manhandled it himself. But he couldn't see that well, and he bashed her in the head with it. I didn't see that, but the lights came on, and I saw three girls, my daughter being the middle girl, sort of stumble off stage with the two mostly carrying her. I did not recall seeing that Friday night, but thought, "she's so overcome with emotion with what the preacher is saying, she has to exit the church." Actually, the thought crossed my mind that she might be sick--the guitarist Friday night had "food poisoning," and was throwing up before the show, and I thought maybe he had a virus instead.

Anyway, my thoughts that she was ill were relieved when she came back onstage for the Footloose finale, which involves a lot of singing and dancing. I was videorecording her excerpts, so I wasn't that focused on her, but more on the recording. You can tell when you watch it, she is really struggling--must've been getting by on adrenaline alone. She has performed before with strepthroat (playing "Ariel," in the Little Mermaid, the musical), had injuries and illnesses where she's had a doctor just give her a shot and send her on, etc., and really loves performing, so she will get by if she can. And she did, but I don't know how. Watching the recording last night/this morning where she ran up the stairs as part of the Footloose finale really scared me, as you can see she's a bit wobbly.

I put together a 25-minute video highlight for her of the play on Youtube (and for grandparents, etc., who couldn't come) with her in it, and it was mostly Sunday, but I wanted Saturday night's "concussion-fueled" part to be a part of it, so I had that. I'm cringing when I watch it again. Even her smiles are forced, grimacing at times, etc., and she has been trained long ago to stay in character at all times. I mean, she's in character off stage when nobody can see her, "just in case." So it's a weird thing to see her grimace during a song and dance, even during turns.

(As a side note--for all the criticism I give the Lumix camera for indoor/action shots, it did a whale of a job Saturday night from Row S far back, 32x zoomed in, picking up quality video and excellent audio. 5* to it for that. I'm looking for a camcorder to replace my 9-year old, non-high definition, but high quality Sony camcorder, and while I'm waiting, it was nice to have high definition video from the camera).

Anyway, that's enough about the incident. I'll post the "what happened next" in a post under this after I answer this call.

Back--

Very lucky to have her sister there, who took charge backstage after the show--performed all the neuro tests like an expert. There was another nurse there (the director's Mom, who saw the show), and she was saying she missed some of the things she did. Anyway, she was "ok" at school, but we loaded her up and started to take her home. On the ride home, she got worse. We had her climbing stairs with my arms and her sister's arms around her, and she couldn't lift her foot up the height of a stairstep, so onto the hospital we went.

In route, I was trying to be reasonable--ran two red lights when I felt it was safe on Highway 280, which is a busy highway, even at 10pm on Saturday night--and was going 65mph on a 55mph, but they have street lights, turns, bunch of businesses, etc., and I didn't feel safe going any faster there. You'd just have to see it to know what i"m talking about. Anyway, I proceed through a green light, and I noticed--God knows how--a woman dressed in black shirt, black pants, and walking a black dog across the highway in the middle of the highway. I screech, swerve, and barely avoid killing her. Not 5 seconds behind me, a policeman was going probably 90mph with sirens on that would have killed her if he had been a tad ahead, because there's no way he could've done anything.

We arrive at the hospital, and this is where it gets funny. Now, for the finale, she's wearing a party dress kind of thing. Her sister gave her sunglasses, because light was bothering her, and she staggers in, with sister and dad holding her up. There's an older lady there, and she's judging her so, so hard--she just knows she's been to a party, did alcohol and drugs, or something. The intake person wasn't believing us that she was hit in the head with a podium. They asked if "anybody" saw her immediately after she got hit, and I said, "about 750 people," which is what they had in attendance, and she thought I was being a smartass, which maybe I was, anxious to get on. I then let her sister answer all the questions. Amazing to see the training nurses have--Niki and all of you out there like you, you are unbelievable in times of mini-crises. She went through the injury, what occurred, what she had been given since then, went through all of her symptoms without missing anything, and answered questions they didn't even know they had.

During the process where the E.R. nurse was examining her, taking vitals and history, etc., and my oldest daughter was providing the answers, my wife piped in and told the nurse (a male nurse, not that it matters to the story, I guess) that "she's a nurse."

Of course, she meant my oldest daughter. Apparently he thought my youngest daughter, the 16-year old, was the nurse. He said, "she's a nurse? What was she doing when she got hurt?"

So my wife answered, "she was watching the play."

Now, thoroughly confused, he's wanting to know how she got hurt watching the play. I guess you would've had to been there, but it was a real life, "who's on first" type of skit. Finally when he figured it out, he said he thought she was a "Doogie Howser nurse." So I'm going to start calling her Doogie.

Anyway, we're now there about 3 hours, and she needs to go to the restroom. By this time, they've done the CT scan, done blood work, had both the resident and the attending see her, etc., and we were feeling better about everything, although she still couldn't walk, which was sort of a problem. In fact, the attending said that they were going to admit her to Children's Hospital overnight for observation, unless she could be stable in her gait. So she was trying--they had already told her that she could not perform Sunday, but she knew if she could get home, she had a shot--but still walking with people around her only. Anyway, about this time, they brought in a guy who was obviously drunk off his rear end. I don't know why he was in the E.R., if it had anything to do with his intoxication, but I guess, you'd have to believe it. Anyway, this guy, who must've been 65 years old and smashed, starts leering and doing cat calls as she's walking to the bathroom. I'm thinking, "man, you could be her grandfather," but I guess that happens, sometimes.

Anyway, he saw me looking at him, and shut up quickly. I didn't care, I knew he was harmless, but I think he thought I was going to beat his rear end or something.

They discharged her after all the tests came back fine, although the gait was still poor, but better. She woke up Sunday morning--actually, her sister woke her up in the middle of the night to ask her questions, and she was perfect with them, so we felt very good--and she was fine. They had medically released her to do anything she felt up to, so that meant the show could go on.

We got to the show, and the mother of the guy who accidentally hit her is on the athletic boosters board with me, and she was nearly in tears. She said that her son was "nearly" in tears after the show, and felt so bad. (We heard from others he was sobbing about hurting her--imagine this big, tough offensive linemen, in tears.) We assured her that it was nobody's fault, it was an accident, and she was fine.

Anyway, I guess the funny stories weren't all that funny, now that I look at it. I think everything was funny to me after we knew she was ok, and it seemed funnier--the overly-harsh judging intake person, the "Doogie Howser nurse," the leering older guy (heck, he was probably my age), the emotional rough, tough, offensive lineman. The woman walking the dog wasn't funny--my wife was shaking for a good hour after that. Truth be told, I was pretty shaken with it, too.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 04-25-2016 at 01:41 PM.

It's "funny" because she is thankfully ok. Working in an emergency room would be one of the last jobs I would want, as nurse or doctor.

I'm glad you didn't blurt out "shut up, Otis" to the drunk guy, though it must have been tempting. You must have a heck of a "if looks could kill" face.

Glad all is apparently well

Last Post Wins

Derby week gets in full swing starting tonight....

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Wife was out of town for two days. Crazy all the stuff she does when she's in town. I tried to do half of them, and did so poorly.

Last Post Wins

Wife was out of town for two days. Crazy all the stuff she does when she's in town. I tried to do half of them, and did so poorly.
    She any good at Lawyer stuff?

Bombino

She any good at Lawyer stuff?
    Have you never argued with a woman?

Not if he's smart he hasn't.

Last Post Wins

If answering ok, yes , when, and how high, then I have argued with a woman.

Last Post Wins

If answering ok, yes , when, and how high, then I have argued with a woman.
    Lol.

I always lose. Because she's the Judge and Jury as well.

Sitting in Wendy's with 8 teenagers hanging out. You'd think I would learn to check and make sure flights are on schedule, but Nooooo. Not a bad delay and fortunately decided to stop at a gas station in route and check and learned of the delay.

I'm religious about using FlightAware to track flights. So very cool to see exactly where a flight is at in real time.

Unusual week for me.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Unusual week for me.
    That sounds ominous.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Unusual week for me.
    Spill.

I drove a few miles over 1,400 last week and never left the state. Not unusual for me to log that many miles but when I do I generally have seen parts of Tennessee or Ohio or both. Got rained on, sometimes reducing visibility to a tenth of a mile, hailed on, and chased up highway 41 by a tornado. Never saw the darn thing but feel it was close as the hail was really coming down and the temperature dropped about 20 degrees in just a couple of minutes. Hail and tornadoes are unusual, but the really weird part was I had 11 appointments last week and every time I arrived at one, it stopped raining almost immediately. I never had to pull out the umbrella, nor make a mad dash the office door. I had 5 motel reservations and none of them were screwed up in the least, they even put me in ground floor rooms without me having to remind them. That my friends is really unusual.

Lastly every where I went gasoline prices were higher than they are here in BG. That might just be the most unusual of all things last week.
    seeya
    dan