Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 20 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Post Wins

I may enjoy some Saturday night in Nashville. Appears that I will have a short visit, but I'll take what I can get.

Re: Last Post Wins

What have you used Duct tape for?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I am in route to my 10th soccer game to watch since Monday of last week. I think the flu would be a vacation.
    Maybe you should go old school, when dads went to work, came home and asked how that stuff went. Seems easier really.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    weird. Cops were asking me that same question just a few days ago.....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Maybe you should go old school, when dads went to work, came home and asked how that stuff went. Seems easier really.
    Only 4 of the 10 were my son's games, too. Doesn't that beat all?

Last Post Wins

What haven't I used duct tape for?

Did I ever tell the story of when I used duct tape on a wart on my foot? True story. Tried everything, including going to the doctor (general practitioner, not podiatrist) and what eventually worked was putting duct tape on the thing. Darnedest thing I've ever seen. Took a couple of weeks, and would reapply duct tape as it came off, but it worked.

What haven't I used duct tape for?

Did I ever tell the story of when I used duct tape on a wart on my foot? True story. Tried everything, including going to the doctor (general practitioner, not podiatrist) and what eventually worked was putting duct tape on the thing. Darnedest thing I've ever seen. Took a couple of weeks, and would reapply duct tape as it came off, but it worked.
    Just duct tape? I have to hear the details on this. Did it just cause friction or something that irritated it? That seems crazy, I have to know.

Only 4 of the 10 were my son's games, too. Doesn't that beat all?
    Dang, that is crazy.

Last Post Wins

Just duct tape? I have to hear the details on this. Did it just cause friction or something that irritated it? That seems crazy, I have to know.
    Just duct tape. The wart reduced in size, and eventually it sorta sunk in. It was weird, but it worked.

I just did a Google search and found a web MD article from 2002 that said a study showed it more effective than liquid nitrogen. Said that many times it is gone within 28 days. It has been years since I did it, and maybe it was a little longer than I remember, maybe a few weeks, but I'm telling you, it worked.

The duct tape may stimulate the body's immune system.

I don't know why. It just worked. After reading the article, I do remember using an emery board or something on it every few days.

http://www.webmd.com/men/news/200210...s-rid-of-warts

Last Post Wins

Dang, that is crazy.
    In fairness, 4 more were my nephew from New Orleans, too. The other two were other school games.

Last Post Wins

Duct tape and shower curtains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Just duct tape. The wart reduced in size, and eventually it sorta sunk in. It was weird, but it worked.

I just did a Google search and found a web MD article from 2002 that said a study showed it more effective than liquid nitrogen. Said that many times it is gone within 28 days. It has been years since I did it, and maybe it was a little longer than I remember, maybe a few weeks, but I'm telling you, it worked.

I don't know why. It just worked. After reading the article, I do remember using an emery board or something on it every few days.

Wow, who knew.

Last Post Wins

Wow, who knew.
    I don't think I was told through an Internet article, and I almost did it as a lark, frustrated that it had not gone away. I kept using it as it was shrinking.

As if we needed more proof that duct tape can fix anything . . .

Duct tape and warts would have made a great episode for the final Mythbusters season
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Guys, as I was taking the back way home from the Shelby County Courthouse, I just had to stop and take this picture. It does not do it justice.

uploadfromtaptalk1457493614860.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 03-08-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Duct tape and warts would have made a great episode for the final Mythbusters season
    lol. Don't start, I can't bring myself to even watch the last 3 episodes. Hurts too much, and sadly yes I'm serious. Love that show, and have all of them, just hate that I won't have any more.

If I could do any job on Earth I'd pick being a Mythbuster. Getting paid to scheme and design and weld things to test things, I can't imagine anything more fun and interesting.

OK, "hurt" is too strong a word, but it does make me a little sad.

Darrell, I don't think "Fantastic" means the same thing there that it does here.

I must have looked ridiculous pulling my car over there, turning around, taking pics while laughing. It was in the middle of nowhere, and somehow, I had the feeling that quality meth was surrounding me.

Last Post Wins

I must have looked ridiculous pulling my car over there, turning around, taking pics while laughing. It was in the middle of nowhere, and somehow, I had the feeling that quality meth was surrounding me.
    Darrell went all "Breaking Bad" on us!!

Last edited by blueboss; 03-09-2016 at 04:22 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

lol. Don't start, I can't bring myself to even watch the last 3 episodes. Hurts too much, and sadly yes I'm serious. Love that show, and have all of them, just hate that I won't have any more.

If I could do any job on Earth I'd pick being a Mythbuster. Getting paid to scheme and design and weld things to test things, I can't imagine anything more fun and interesting.

OK, "hurt" is too strong a word, but it does make me a little sad.
    You know that Adam has an online project named Still Untitled: The Adam Savage Project. It is on Tested.com (a site run by Adam and Jamie). It is more maker focused, the idea being it focuses on builds of various types so it might not be up your alley but they are still doing stuff. Just not together (because they don't really like each other, though they respect each other).

I check out Tested from time to time, it's good, but it's not the same as the show. Show had big budgets, could do the build in bigger scale then test things. I like the site but it's not the same scale.

Yeah, they seem to have softened towards each other the last year or so, but they're so different. They make a good team, but they aren't best friends for sure. I've watched all the behind the scenes stuff, and jamie is very anal about things, and Adam is the opposite of that completely. It's a good balance, but they have to drive each other nuts a lot.

Pretty sure I'd just move if that was what came to my door at night.

We probably discussed this once before, but what is the recording frame rate for the camera? Picture on the left sure looks like what i would see filming a flying moth caught in the light with a slow camera frame recording rate. Think of it as your bridge camera snapping an image of a moving object an you get a blurred image only the security camera has a shutter speed slower than your bridge camera, in the low light at night.
    seeya
    dan

1/2000ths

Last Post Wins

Might want to give Fantastic Homes a call...668 7483

1/2000ths
    That surprises me.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Set your clocks ahead

I just hate every year having to wait up til 2 to spring it forward. I wish there was a way to do it in advance.