Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 15 of 150 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

22 hours, yep that is a long one...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Man, I was wiped out.

Slept til almost 10 this morning. Can't remember last time doing that. Everybody else in the house is still sleeping.

Last Post Wins

I was rousted at 8:00 by my five year old grandson. He wanted me up and back to helping him in the nonstop building of Lego City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

That right there is funny!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Bombino

Baked vietnamese baguettes today. They came out pretty damn good:

Last Post Wins

My car needs wiper fluid.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Why is 2 buck Chuck, the Charles Shaw wine at Trader Joe's, $2.99?

Shouldn't it be $3 buck Chuck, or is this Common Core math estimating at work?

Last Post Wins

I've noticed when using a Kleenex when I go to pull one out I get two. I'm not sure if we started the first one wrong when we opened the box or if it's how Kleenex is packaging them so you use twice as many??

Last edited by blueboss; 02-03-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I've noticed when using a Kleenex when I go to pull one out I get two. I'm not sure if we started the first one wrong when we opened the box or if it's how Kleenex is packaging them so you use twice as many??

I ran across something like that the other day, and I can't remember now what it was. But I remember thinking, "I bet they do that on purpose."

PSA.....Nashville Hot Chicken from KFC is pretty pedestrian
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

My surgery was 1 year ago today and I'm still around, so that's good, I suppose

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I suppose
    you suppose?

Sometimes I wonder....

Nah - dumb wording. I don't know why I said that

Yesterday I cut my face shaving, twice.

I moved a refrigerator to my garage with my son. Somehow I messed up the cooling on it. So a refrigerator full of food gets tossed. Oh, and a bottle of 1999 Dom Perignon I had - literally the only thing other than $2 buck Chuck wine I owned - I dropped on the concrete floor, to expected results.

And then when I was taking out the garbage, a complete, full, overstuffed yard sized trash bag split and the entire contents spilled on my driveway. And on me.

Hopefully today will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Why is 2 buck Chuck, the Charles Shaw wine at Trader Joe's, $2.99?

Shouldn't it be $3 buck Chuck, or is this Common Core math estimating at work?
    2 buck Chuck WAS 1.99 till about a year and half ago. Up your wine game, rookie.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

...and continuing.

So today I go to pick up a rental car. No big deal, but a black cat runs across the highway (50mph highway) just ahead of me. Good luck for him, he doesn't get hit, but he/she did cross my path. Uh oh, bad omen. So I get the rental car, and the appliance delivery people call, they are on their way to the house. I go home to meet them.

They take apart the refrigerator, and start to bring it up a small flight of stairs. They tell me they can't. Say that a bannister has to be removed first. I tell them that my son and I took the exact same size refrigerator down the exact same stairs last night. I offer to show them, and tell them how we did it. They don't want to do it my way. So they put the refrigerator back together (doors, etc. taken off), and put it back on the truck, and now we are without a refrigerator until I can get them back out. In the meantime, I've got one of those small dorm type refrigerators I had years ago for my office, and I've stuck that in the kitchen. So I'm guessing unless we want cereal, we will be eating out a lot until I can get somebody to my house to remove the bannister and then have the new fridge delivered.

Sigh.

So there's a wine named after me and I don't get a royalty check?

Seriously, I was known as $2 Buck Chuck in high school. hey, I needed the money. Don't judge.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

...and continuing.

So today I go to pick up a rental car. No big deal, but a black cat runs across the highway (50mph highway) just ahead of me. Good luck for him, he doesn't get hit, but he/she did cross my path. Uh oh, bad omen. So I get the rental car, and the appliance delivery people call, they are on their way to the house. I go home to meet them.

They take apart the refrigerator, and start to bring it up a small flight of stairs. They tell me they can't. Say that a bannister has to be removed first. I tell them that my son and I took the exact same size refrigerator down the exact same stairs last night. I offer to show them, and tell them how we did it. They don't want to do it my way. So they put the refrigerator back together (doors, etc. taken off), and put it back on the truck, and now we are without a refrigerator until I can get them back out. In the meantime, I've got one of those small dorm type refrigerators I had years ago for my office, and I've stuck that in the kitchen. So I'm guessing unless we want cereal, we will be eating out a lot until I can get somebody to my house to remove the bannister and then have the new fridge delivered.

Sigh.
    Just have them deliver it again and you and your son traverse the steps with the new fridge like the old fridge...

Easy peezy...

Yesterday I cut my face shaving, twice.

I moved a refrigerator to my garage with my son. Somehow I messed up the cooling on it. So a refrigerator full of food gets tossed. Oh, and a bottle of 1999 Dom Perignon I had - literally the only thing other than $2 buck Chuck wine I owned - I dropped on the concrete floor, to expected results.

And then when I was taking out the garbage, a complete, full, overstuffed yard sized trash bag split and the entire contents spilled on my driveway. And on me.

Hopefully today will be better.
    The big block of ice in the top probably just fell out
    seeya
    dan

Bombino

...and continuing.

Sigh.
    Two things you can do wrong in moving a fridge. One you can damage the heat exchanger coils on the back of the fridge. This is VERY noticeable as you would made some very obvious damage to it. The second is that some cooling systems do NOT like being tipped at more than a 30-45 degree angle from vertical. This causes the coolant or compressor oil to leak into other parts of the system. You have to let it sit vertical for 24-48 hours before running it again if you do so. This gives time for the coolant/oil to return to where it is supposed to be. Some newer fridges with very complex coolant lines can have angles that can trap oil, ruining the system (at minimum needs a heavy system flush by a refigeration tech).

Not knowing exactly how it is broken (doesn't get cold, pump doesn't turn on, etc.) You might find if you have left the old fridge standing that it has started working again, as the coolant and everything has drained back into the compressor.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 02-06-2016 at 01:24 PM.

Let me see of the things I dislike doing,
    Drywall, Check
    Painting, Check
    Flooring, Check

Just have plumbing and electrical to go and I will have it made for this weekend...

But I will have a (somewhat) happy wife.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Some newer fridges with very complex coolant lines can have angles that can trap oil, ruining the system (at minimum needs a heavy system flush by a refigeration tech).
    Which makes me seriously question their engineering and if they are really "better". I'm a big fan of anything "improved" having to be at least as reliable as what it replaces, if not moreso, regardless of added features or cool stuff.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Just a note. The compressor oil issue and tipping the unit for any length of time at something like a 45 degree angle, has always been an issue. The newer units may be worse about this mucking up the system, but it is definitely not a new phenomenon.
    seeya
    dan

Sitting in an Albertville, Alabama performing arts center. It is now officially Sunday, Central Time. Several of the groups are on Eastern time. Getting ridiculous.

One more group to perform, then awards. Then I get to drive home 2 hours. Not quite far enough for hotel room.

Can you tell I'm tired and cranky?

Man, that's quite a schedule for an event like that. It's nothing if they were in basic training, but for singing that seems pretty rough. We had some late nights in debate, but it was rare and debate people are nuts anyway and tend to be insomniacs so it wasn't that big a deal. I don't think I ever had a round that late. We'd run late, but not like that.

I asked my daughter tonight if she was as tired as I was, and even though she's 16 and can handle it a lot better than I can, she said she was exhausted. And I was like jelly all day today, totally worthless.

Snowing in BG. Nothing much expected to accumulate. Bread and milk no were to be found
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Snowing in BG. Nothing much expected to accumulate. Bread and milk no were to be found
    Been doing that on and off all day in Lexvegas. Getting a little nasty on the roads as the temps drop.