Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150 LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

I know you guys already know I'm crazy, but one of the things I do when I struggle to fall asleep is that I picture playing golf. One shot after another. Sometimes I'll hit a good shot in my imagination, sometimes a bad one intentionally. It's my version of counting sheep and it actually works sometimes.

I'll play different courses, but often I will go back to my teenage years where I played high school golf on the golf team. Selman Field (aka Selman Park) was our home course for daily practice. Played many rounds there, often 5-6 days a week for three years and some thereafter.

Anyway, the course closed in 2007 or so. And even before it closed, all the holes were renovated so the Selman Field that existed then wasn't even close to the one I played. I mean, changed to a par 34, moved the configuration completely different, like 90 degrees, removed a par 5, added a par 3, just a whole bunch of stuff.

Anyway, two years ago I embarked on a venture to locate an old scorecard from the 1975-1978 Selman Field. Damn tough. I tried a whole bunch of ways. Now, I mentally picture Selman Park and remember the holes, but not the distances exactly. So I started looking. Ebay, libraries, reaching out to high school teammates, you name it.

Finally it hit. I found the daughter of the old golf pro that was the head pro of the little course. We reminisced about her Dad, of course, long ago deceased. I told her about golf tournaments I played there, matches, good shots and bad, and how many memories I had.

Anyway, she went looking for me, and sent me exactly what I wanted - the back of the old scorecard. It shows each hole, the distances, the creek that ran through it, angles we took, both sets of tees (9 hole course with two sets of tees so it played as 18), etc.

Reminisced a little more and shared the scorecard with a former teammate of mine, who was a incredulous that I had found it.

And here it is. This is the little cow pasture 9-hole golf course I really learned how to play golf on.

Thanks to Dottie, and again, thanks to Mr. Bill Jones, long since deceased, for your patient guidance and help the young players like me who learned the game under you.

What a treat I got yesterday! It may not look like much to you, but I can't stop smiling looking at it.

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-31-2024 at 09:03 AM.

Re: Last Post Wins

Those are some big tadpoles.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Daughter landed in Japan last night/this morning. Nearly a 15-hour flight from Atlanta to Tokyo. Then had a short 1 hour flight to Osaka. Here's to a great year for her there.

Sounds like a blast!

Last Post Wins

After all the weather man hoopla, I got a dusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Happy Friday, one and all...
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

37° right now but it’s supposed to be 72° and sunny by Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    37° right now but it’s supposed to be 72° and sunny by Monday
    If you don't like the weather in Kentucky just give it 10 minutes.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

That kick was wild lol.

That looked like the Detroit keystone cops instead of the Tigers.

Last Post Wins

76 on my front porch yesterday… warm again today. Late night cold front shenanigans late tonight and into the AM hours could get dicey.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

You can't tell it from the weather in KY today, but Happy March to all who celebrate. And even those of you who don't, I hope it's a Happy March for you, too. I mean, I'm not going to hold a grudge. That's a February thing.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

You guys do know that I'm going to win this contest? Right?
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    That’s not what I heard.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Nope it’s mine…I can’t reveal the strategy but I’ve got it wrapped up.

In the words of Le Corso, not so fast my friend...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I'm the Evansville, IN tv market. I once saw a preseason ad with him being interviewed, reporter: Who are you most excited to see coming back this season?" Corso replied "Me." Gotta love a sense of humor.

Last Post Wins

I saw a question from a golf site on the internet that asked whether you would rather play Pebble Beach once a year for 20 years or Augusta National once. I replied that I'd rather play Pebble Beach once a year for 20 years, because that meant I'd still be alive in 20 years and playing golf!

Just heard "How Great Thou Art" by Carrie Underwood for the first time in many years. Wow.

Don’t forget to fix the time on your microwave tomorrow morning.

Last Post Wins

And coffee maker...

Current temp in my little corner of our Commonwealth: 39 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    And coffee maker...
    MOST important clock in my house.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Speaking of coffee, I think Mrs. BEvans is trying to master all the different ways to make coffee. In our house we have:

--An espresso machine;
    --A Mr. Coffee drip machine;
    --A French press;
    --A pourover coffee apparatus (looks like a beaker with a cone filter;
    --A Moka Pot (which she discovered on a vacation last fall).

I think the only kind we don't have is the old-style stovetop percolator our parents had growing up.

Yes, she really likes coffee. (I do, too, but one way to make it is good enough for me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    And coffee maker...
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    MOST important clock in my house.
    Mine, too.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Speaking of coffee, I think Mrs. BEvans is trying to master all the different ways to make coffee. In our house we have:

--An espresso machine;
    --A Mr. Coffee drip machine;
    --A French press;
    --A pourover coffee apparatus (looks like a beaker with a cone filter;
    --A Moka Pot (which she discovered on a vacation last fall).

I think the only kind we don't have is the old-style stovetop percolator our parents had growing up.

Yes, she really likes coffee. (I do, too, but one way to make it is good enough for me.)
    She is indeed a coffee connoisseur. And my wife thinks I'm a coffee snob because I like to grind my own beans and have a very inexpensive coffee subscription service (Craft Coffee, what a deal).

Mrs. BEvans would laugh at me, however, not even using a burr grinder.

Worst mistake I ever made was tasting at home coffee at my brother-in-law's house. That ruined me for Folger's and Maxwell House forever. Such a gigantic difference in taste with an inexpensive coffee grinder and a decent coffee bean!

At work I'm just up for caffeine delivery into my bloodstream as easy and cheap as possible. I have an old drip machine with Maxwell House or Folgers (whichever is cheapest). But at home we grind it fresh and it does make a huge difference.

The missus and I tried the grind our own beans, but never found the right bean or maybe the right grinder to keep us doing that. We found a craft bean already ground that we really like and it does not drain the bank account too much.

Coffee maker is a Mr Coffee and is auto drip that starts brewing every morning at 5:30 and fills the house with the lovely smell of fresh brewed coffee.

Cameron's Smooth Coffee, Breakfast Blend. Comes in a 12 oz bag and is true to it's name as it is a very smooth, non acidic brew. Missus says it costs about $7.00 per bag. She buys it at Target for anyone that might want to give it a try.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Dan, that sounds pretty close to me. I don't know that grinding the beans adds that much difference if you have the coffee fresh and use it fresh. Might be a difference to the coffee connoisseurs, but probably not to me and you.

If you ever want a coffee subscription service that is very reasonable, I highly recommend Craft Coffee. I think they have both ground and beans. Fair selection, and for those of us who watch our coffee budget, they have a really good selection of $6.99 and $7.99 12-oz. bags. You can subscribe and you get 4 of them - have to select 3 different ones, I think, so no more than 2 of the same exact blend. But that's it, no other costs, freezer shipping to your door. You can also change the delivery dates as much as you want.

I have it set for every 6 weeks, because a) I'm the only one in my house who drinks coffee, unless we have a house guest, b) we've been away from the house often enough that I'm not always drinking it, and c) I will occasionally pick up, or receive a gift bag of coffee from Cincinnati or wherever. Oh, and d) I have a cheap Keurig type knock off from Wally World that I will occasionally just throw a pod in rather than make a pot of coffee. Got it for when my father in law comes to visit if he'd prefer that or wants a fresh cup in the afternoon.

I have changed it a few times to move ship date up, and changed a couple of times to delay it.

Oh - and I bet I have the same coffee maker you use too. See below Mr. Coffee. Pretty basic but works great and I program it for different times depending on what's going on, but usually later than you do!

Oh, this would freak Mrs. Evans out, but I always make 8 cups of coffee. It's really only like 4 small mugs. I drink 2 and the other two I pour into a Thermos. I end up making coffee about 3-4 days a week.

(My set up... Coffee maker, "keurig," and electric tea kettle for making green tea I drink over ice. Bean grinder behind tea kettle. Very basic, but works for me).
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 03-25-2024 at 07:36 PM.

Last Post Wins

Sounds like I’m missing out not being a coffee drinker. Or am I?