Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 147 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 4483

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    The bourbon tour could be counter-productive for memories…just say’n.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol. Fair point.

Last Post Wins

I mulched leaves yesterday, not one leaf in my yard this morning.

Today’s warm SW breeze gusting to 30 mph said “here is another entire tree’s leaves for your yard”.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

That’s why I usually wait until mid-November to start trying to get them up. I’m directly downwind of a couple of huge oaks and the way the street curves they head straight for my yard.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Boss, Catfan, you know I feel your pain...
    From after church until dark yesterday and our yard just doesn't look like I did anything.
    Even the deck is covered again and we have no trees of any kind in our back yard...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

If I don’t keep up with them and let them pile up, they’re too hard to mulch or move with blower. I’ve got two big maples and I’m surrounded by old growth oaks.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

My Ad Block Plus is starting to show ads for VPN, other Ad Block features, etc., and I feel like I'm through the looking glass.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Oh that's funny... And a little scary.

This old man, he played one, he played nick-nack on a bone...and got bit by the dog to which it belonged

Never try to take a bone away from a dog.

Had a dog down the street nip my jeans a couple of weeks ago. Would make for an interesting Barber Shop discussion b/c I was not armed at the time due to going to a game and couldn't carry. It made the situation much more concerning b/c it wasn't at all clear that's where he was going to stop.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Howdy from my new laptop... kind of a kneejerk purchase when my 15-year-old Dell died. I got a Lenovo, way more machine than I'll ever use, but what the heck...

Merry Christmas to me!!!

^I got a Lenovo Chromebook last year for a basic 2nd laptop when Mrs. BEvans is using our Macbook. I've been very happy with it so far.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I have to get new laptops for work. Have been a Dell guy since it was a small startup company, back when anything not IBM was a "clone" PC. Rode my dinosaur to the post office to pick it up.

I may look at Lenovo and a couple of others this time around. Mostly I want a huge screen. Most of my work wont' blow up the CPU, esp. with the memory I'll put in it, but I need a big screen for work. I use dual monitors as well, and will hate, I mean HATE that all the new ones don't have proper ports for monitors, ethernet, etc. I can make it all work but with dongles, so I'll set up docking stations for it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I have to get new laptops for work. Have been a Dell guy since it was a small startup company, back when anything not IBM was a "clone" PC. Rode my dinosaur to the post office to pick it up.

I may look at Lenovo and a couple of others this time around. Mostly I want a huge screen. Most of my work wont' blow up the CPU, esp. with the memory I'll put in it, but I need a big screen for work. I use dual monitors as well, and will hate, I mean HATE that all the new ones don't have proper ports for monitors, ethernet, etc. I can make it all work but with dongles, so I'll set up docking stations for it.
    I am a Dell guy as well, but I had a flirtation with an ASUS 17 incher and would go back in a heartbeat if I could find a good deal on one
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

I thought I wanted 17+” screen, and was looking at them and would have had to order one which I was going to do. Then I did a side by side w/a 16” screen and decided I was not pick’n.

If I was going to purchase a desk top I would absolutely go with a bigger monitor, but just like my .380 Ruger LCP, it’s a grab and go.

My current Dell is 17", and I can't go smaller. I just have too many things open simultaneously, and even then I hate when I don't have my 2nd monitor.

It is a challenge finding a good bag for one that size, but I have one. I wear the tar out of them as well as the machines.

Last Post Wins

Covid + 12/13/23 8:30 pm est.mild head cold symptoms…

4:00 am 12/14 thought I was dying…RX’s gonna live.

…”hold on to your butts” ~ Samuel L Jackson

Hope you feel better, blueboss.

Sorry to hear, Blueboss. I had a respiratory illness (still not 100%--today is day 19) that has taken awhile for me to kick. I'm "fine" now, but it was pretty miserable for about 2 weeks. Sounds like you have what I have PLUS Covid. Hope you feel better soon.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Sorry to hear, Blueboss. I had a respiratory illness (still not 100%--today is day 19) that has taken awhile for me to kick. I'm "fine" now, but it was pretty miserable for about 2 weeks. Sounds like you have what I have PLUS Covid. Hope you feel better soon.
    Exactly, mine states two weeks ago… Tuesday started feeling better, then, wham!! Wednesday got the + results.

Boss, take care and get better soon!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

“I ain’t dead yet you bushwhacker” ~ Glenn Campbell, True Grit.

Thanks guys….

How many people started today by knocking over a full bottle of fountain pen ink?

Just me? Really?

I haven't used a fountain pen in months. Yesterday I needed to grade papers for the two classes I teach, and my "treat" is that I do so with one of my fountain pens. Apparently, I stupidly forgot to close the lid on the fountain pen ink jar yesterday.

The "good" news is...I am still working from home. So it was my own home carpet I ruined.

It my not be ruined.
    Depending on the ink, and the colorfastness of the carpet, soak the stain in denatured alcohol and using an old toothbrush apply your cleaner and ten blot it up .
    If it takes the color out of the carpet, it was already ruined by the stain.
    If all else fails ask Mrs. C how she wants the furniture re-arranged to cover it.

Last Post Wins

I woke up again today, so that’s good.

Something I never knew: even though the days will get shorter for a few more days, sunset has already turned around and is coming later. For example, earliest sunset in Lexington was December 8, today is a couple of minutes later:

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/lexington-fayette

I always assumed the winter solstice was the latest sunrise and the earliest sunset.

I'll take my victories where I can find them.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 12-17-2023 at 04:12 PM.

That is kind of odd.

This thread turned eight years old almost 3 weeks ago and no one even noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I mailed a card.

That is kinda scary really.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Crap!! Maybe I didn’t wake up yesterday?