Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 146 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 4483

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Tough audience

I told I kind of liked it next year.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by IkeCat View Post
    I was going to tell a time-traveling joke, but you guys didn't like it...
    I’m not sure I was old enough to read when you sent it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I told it next Thursday
    Last edited by IkeCat; 10-10-2023 at 10:05 PM.

Last Post Wins

I told it next Thursday
    It went the wrong way, I was four.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

This exchange would be funnier if I hadn't read it a month ago.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    You could always read it again two months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    In two weeks (after you understood it) you laughed at it (your naivity of not being able to get it), you gave the posts high marks too.

Rupp's Runt

Last Post Wins

Day two and my wife still doesn’t get it. Probably wouldn’t have got it two weeks ago. Or get it in two weeks. Or any other time.

In two weeks (after you understood it) you laughed at it (your naivity of not being able to get it), you gave the posts high marks too.
    is it "laughed at it" or "will have had laughed at it"?

(That's for you Big Bang fans)
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I feel like I need a Way-Back machine.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    It's a timey wimey thing.

Way-Back machine has limits. Got into it and keyed in 'Take me back to when UK football was feared'. On the monitor popped up, 'N/A'. Not gonna try that again.

Last Post Wins

I saw after the fall of civilization the joke was used as a code for free people moving south and trying to cross the southern border to exit a decimated North America.

Last edited by blueboss; 10-15-2023 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I saw after the fall of civilization the joke was used as a code for free people moving south and trying to cross the southern border to exit a decimated North America.

Good to know. I’m heading north.

Last Post Wins

Good to know. I’m heading north.
    Nothing up there, there is a colony forming in the Great Lakes basin where the lakes used be. Once the chain of volcanoes erupted across central Canada everything went to hell.

Unless of course you go backwards in time…

I remember one birthday as a kid I got a telekinetic abacus. Maybe it wasn’t really a great present for a kid but it’s the thought that counts.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

I remember one birthday as a kid I got a telekinetic abacus. Maybe it wasn’t really a great present for a kid but it’s the thought that counts.
    Maybe you weren’t really a kid.

A couple pictures from a weekend journey to Perryville, Shaker Village and Camp Nelson

IMG_8953.jpg

Very cool, Flounder. Great time of year to be there.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Those are great pics, Flounder, thanks for sharing them. Such a sense of history.

I was sooo lucky with the weather and time of year.

I hadn’t been to Shaker Village for decades, maybe since grade school. It wasn’t part of my plans when I left home, but I’ll have to visit it again.

Camp Nelson Cemetery was preparing for another burial so I tried to stay out of the way and didn’t spend a lot of time there.

The whole area in that part of the state has some great places (Bardstown, Lincoln’s birthplace, etc)

I stayed in Danville which was too

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post

I hadn’t been to Shaker Village for decades, maybe since grade school. It wasn’t part of my plans when I left home, but I’ll have to visit it again.

Camp Nelson Cemetery was preparing for another burial so I tried to stay out of the way and didn’t spend a lot of time there.

The whole area in that part of the state has some great places (Bardstown, Lincoln’s birthplace, etc)

One year we decided to do a "staycation" where we took our kids on a series of day trips around Kentucky. We did Lincoln's Birthplace, Mammoth Cave, My Old KY Home (and the Stephen Foster Story), Shaker Village, etc. It was a lot of fun and things we probably never would've done otherwise.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    One year we decided to do a "staycation" where we took our kids on a series of day trips around Kentucky. We did Lincoln's Birthplace, Mammoth Cave, My Old KY Home (and the Stephen Foster Story), Shaker Village, etc. It was a lot of fun and things we probably never would've done otherwise.
    You're very lucky to have those kind of things nearby. We took our kids--from afar--to Mammoth Cave a couple of times, and to Shaker Village. Never to Lincoln's Birthplace or My Old Kentucky Home/Stephen Foster story.

With my kids all adults now, I'm hoping to recreate some of it with grandkid visits. And with this being my son's last year in college, I hope to recreate the "boys trip" with his brother where we go on a trip to Kentucky, hopefully surrounding a Blue-White or exhibition game, a football game, Keeneland and maybe Churchill Downs (as we did before). Maybe do a bourbon tour to it (now that they're of age). One of my very fondest memories. We had such a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post

Really nice...looking at your pictures again on a bigger monitor; you have a great eye for that.

Thank you

Digital photography was made for me. I love taking pictures (even with just my phone just for fun) and now I can just delete bad ones or duplicates instead of paying for de elopement. With all the internet and communication technology, taking pictures so easily may be an under appreciated advancement

Those are some good pictures. So serene.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    You're very lucky to have those kind of things nearby. We took our kids--from afar--to Mammoth Cave a couple of times, and to Shaker Village. Never to Lincoln's Birthplace or My Old Kentucky Home/Stephen Foster story.

With my kids all adults now, I'm hoping to recreate some of it with grandkid visits. And with this being my son's last year in college, I hope to recreate the "boys trip" with his brother where we go on a trip to Kentucky, hopefully surrounding a Blue-White or exhibition game, a football game, Keeneland and maybe Churchill Downs (as we did before). Maybe do a bourbon tour to it (now that they're of age). One of my very fondest memories. We had such a great time.
    The bourbon tour could be counter-productive for memories…just say’n.