Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 144 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

At Carolina Beach, NC, two things to report…

1) surf fishing is off, all I’ve been catching are small whiting and some junk (puffer, blue runners). Water temp is high (79), tides aren’t cooperating with my schedule, it’s been very hot, and windy, and there is a pretty good current running from south to north.

2) going to the coast forced me to drive the entire width of the state… NC drivers are by far the worst drivers that I have ever encountered. I’m dreading the drive back through the heart of NC. After having lived in S FL I’ve had a good sampling of drivers from all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

IMO, NC drivers can not compete for the "worst drivers ever" with the jerks from Ohio.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 07-21-2023 at 07:51 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I try not to generalize about people, but it's hard to do with Ohio drivers.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Ah, Ohio. Home of the ninety degree lane change...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    IMO, NC drivers can not compete for the "worst drivers ever" with the jerks from Ohio.
    I think they’re neck and neck… NC gets a special kind of stupid award for clogging the passing lane, and not passing. They were literally bumper to bumper on a three lane interstate in the passing lane doing 65 mph in a 70 zone.

Last edited by blueboss; 07-21-2023 at 03:58 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Were you on 1-40 when that was happening? That is a major east west truck route, and the truckers generally won't let that happen unless they are the ones doing it in the mountainous or really hilly areas.
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I think they’re neck and neck… NC gets a special kind of stupid award for clogging the passing lane, and not passing. They were literally bumper to bumper on a three lane interstate in the passing lane doing 65 mph in a 70 zone.

Maybe they should start an African studies lane so that all drivers can pass whenever they need to.........
    MOLON LABE!

Last Post Wins

Were you on 1-40 when that was happening? That is a major east west truck route, and the truckers generally won't let that happen unless they are the ones doing it in the mountainous or really hilly areas.
    I was on I 40, made the return trip today, it didn’t get any better. I’m not making this up and I don’t believe my opinion is biased based on the obvious, but it got worse the closer I got to Raleigh Durham,navigating through RD was horrible, there are literally four lanes, and it was easier navigating from the far right lane entrance/exit lane than trying to deal with the passing and travel lanes. Chapel Hill was a cluster f@$?k too…

Boss, what route do you take? I’ve tried the WV turnpike, I’ve tried going to Knoxville then heading east, and I’ve tried going thru Pikeville. It seems like no matter which way I go they pretty much all take almost 10 hours Louisville to Raleigh/Durham even though Google thinks it should only take 8. And that stretch between Winston-Salem and Raleigh will test your patience for sure.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Boss, what route do you take? I’ve tried the WV turnpike, I’ve tried going to Knoxville then heading east, and I’ve tried going thru Pikeville. It seems like no matter which way I go they pretty much all take almost 10 hours Louisville to Raleigh/Durham even though Google thinks it should only take 8. And that stretch between Winston-Salem and Raleigh will test your patience for sure.
    I went 64e going through Charleston then Winston/Salem on over to Wilmington… I made Wilmington in 10 hours. On the way back I was going to go the same way but somewhere along the way Google asked if I wanted to save :30 and rerouted me through the smokies, and back up through Knoxville… that took right at 11 hours.

Lol that darned Google! If you made it to Wilmington in 10 hours you were bookin’ right along.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Lol that darned Google! If you made it to Wilmington in 10 hours you were bookin’ right along.
    Radar detector provided useful… the stretch between Lexington and Charleston WVA is an autobahn.

Favorite Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt, Sherbet, Sorbet?

What is yours?

Mine is Fresh Peach Ice Cream, but it has to be made by Graeter's Ice Cream in Cincinnati. They only make it when the peaches are being harvested so it is a short run product. Every year I drive the 167 miles to their store in Lexington KY, with my cooler of dry ice to purchase 28 quarts of their latest vintage. We finished off the last quart from 2022 a month and a half ago and are patiently waiting for the next run.

I do not own stock in their company so this is just a friendly advertisement. They make the best ice cream in the country but only market it within a 5 hour drive of the plant in Cincy. Here are the locations if you want to check them out.

Columbus, OH
    Cleveland, OH
    Dayton, OH
    Ft Mitchell, KY
    Ft Thomas , KY
    Cincy Airport drive, KY
    Oxford, OH
    Pittsburgh, OH
    Louisville, KY
    Lexington, KY
    Indianapolis, IN.
    FWIW, I had Graeter's Saturday night after we arrived back in Cincinnati from my trip to Dayton to see my daughter perform. Chose the salted caramel chip, which was outstanding. We left Monday and on the way out, we stopped by and this time I got after-lunch peach ice cream.

Really, really good. I'm such a salted caramel fan it's hard to beat that for me, but the fresh peaches, chunks of peaches in it, really made you envision sitting around a wooden ice cream bucket cranking it out on a summer picnic day. So creamy and good.

Will be back for more, but did not take any home with us.

Last Post Wins

After reading all the Graeter’s peach ice cream reports, I stopped in at my local Graeter’s to try the peach ice cream, the girl informed me that had sold out yesterday… I was stunned, I missed it by one day.

…hold on, she then tells me they still have a few pints in the freezer. I snatched it up, it’s really very good, I’m not sure it’s better than the Cullman AL peach ice cream, I would have to do a side by side.

There is also an ice cream/fudge shop on St George Island, FL. and they had a really good peach ice cream. I might have to load up a cooler with dry ice and go on a road trip to do a side by side by side sampling.

Heck, while you’re at it stop by Cold Stone Creamery and do a side by side by side by side.

Got my 28 quarts on the 15th, and my family, including Wife, Daughter, SiL, and 3 grand youngins have gone thru 7 quarts. The rest is locked in my freezer.

I have 3 grand children that I love to death and am willing to share but they would make the stash disappear before Halloween if I don't secure it.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

After reading all the Graeter’s peach ice cream reports, I stopped in at my local Graeter’s to try the peach ice cream, the girl informed me that had sold out yesterday… I was stunned, I missed it by one day.

…hold on, she then tells me they still have a few pints in the freezer. I snatched it up, it’s really very good, I’m not sure it’s better than the Cullman AL peach ice cream, I would have to do a side by side.

There is also an ice cream/fudge shop on St George Island, FL. and they had a really good peach ice cream. I might have to load up a cooler with dry ice and go on a road trip to do a side by side by side sampling.

I guess one can quibble and have their own preferences, but clearly they're (both places) at an elite level together.

For the lawyers who might see this. I’ve found an 1883 case where a boy was convicted of tape.

The story says the case would go to the Court of Appeals, but the next follow up I see says that it was “Filed away, with leave to reinstate.” This was in a newspaper under the Criminal court” heading.

Is it possible to know if this meant the charges were dropped and could be refiled or that the appeal was dropped and could be refiled?

(Away from that, the victim was a 15 year old blind girl, but the newspaper described her as sn imbecile. The same story and also stated: This is the second case of a similar character that has developed in that mural little village of Dayton recently, and it would be advisable for the good people of that town to send their female idiots to an asylum.” )
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 07-29-2023 at 11:14 AM.

Not a lawyer but it sounds like it got buried. You might have the makings of a book and movie deal there.

I Hope this works - Saturday night playing around

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vPVXWkg3bh4&feature=sharec

Last Post Wins

Very cool. I have a game camera I sometimes set up in my backyard and I'll get deer, but nothing as cool as them playing like that, just eating. And was that a fox that ran across at the end? I'm watching on my phone and my old eyes aren't the greatest, so apologies if something else. Very pretty video.

Last Post Wins

I get this the other night… and I’m thinking, neat another deer came to visit.

Last Post Wins

….so, then my current life in a nutshell came rushing in.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Very cool. I have a game camera I sometimes set up in my backyard and I'll get deer, but nothing as cool as them playing like that, just eating. And was that a fox that ran across at the end? I'm watching on my phone and my old eyes aren't the greatest, so apologies if something else. Very pretty video.
    No - that was a young deer getting his zoomies in, just having a blast

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    No - that was a young deer getting his zoomies in, just having a blast
    Cool... He was dashing across so quickly. Just enjoying life.

Last Post Wins

Lol Blueboss. Friend, I hope that at least made you chuckle.

And hang in there. I know you are trying to stay busy, but just know I/we are thinking of ya.

Just such a lack of respect for private property in this world.....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Do you think that is just a critique of your grilling skills?
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Do you think that is just a critique of your grilling skills?
    Maybe because I grilled his girlfriend’s back straps a couple of weeks ago.

I've been having a lady who does a conversion of old 8mm, VHS, etc. type tapes convert my old tapes that go back to 1989. Really cool to see my (now 34-year old daughter) as a baby, and of course, great memories of family now gone. But as I was going through them tonight, it appears she converted one of them with somebody else's tapes. I kept thinking, "I don't know that person. I don't remember being at the racetrack back then. I don't see anybody I recognize."

It will be interesting to watch all of it.

Of course, it begs the question. If I got "their" recording, I assume they got "my" recording. Oh, my...