Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 143 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Top Golf, the most expensive driving range I’ve ever been to…. By a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

What kind of car do they let you drive on the range? Or is it just golf carts?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Great looking swings!

A random 1898 newspaper illustration I came across. The feline apparently survived

IMG_4618.jpg

"No animals were harmed during the making of that illustration..."

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    "No animals were harmed during the making of that illustration..."
    You sure it's not an old tintype photo?

Heck, Edison electrocuted a live elephant to try to sell his DC based power grid. FWIW that didn't go over very well even in that era. Even then that was widely seen as way over the top.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Changes at work. Wish I could go ahead and retire….

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Changes at work. Wish I could go ahead and retire….
    Amen, brother. For me, 13 months and 7 days....
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 06-23-2023 at 07:49 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I'm targeting age 80 and a day for retirement. Dad worked until he was 80, and I've always said I'll beat him, even if it's by a day. Truthfully, I may not ever retire, subject to me targeting between age 65-70 for a change in what I do. I'd like to eliminate most areas of my practice sometime in that time frame to one that allows the flexibility of my primary area of practice now, and probably would qualify as "part-time" in most people's minds.

Last Post Wins

Given my current situation, I’m glad I did not retire last November. I will revaluate this November…having said that, it’s nice to know that I could walk if I wanted to.

I moved here 25 years ago for a job, then five years later I found my soul mate and was happy to stay forever. Now, given the circumstances, I’m being counseled not to knee jerk for a year, but if the right opportunity were to arise I could fold up the tent and go.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Every day is Saturday here...already retired.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Given my current situation, I’m glad I did not retire last November. I will revaluate this November…having said that, it’s nice to know that I could walk if I wanted to.

I moved here 25 years ago for a job, then five years later I found my soul mate and was happy to stay forever. Now, given the circumstances, I’m being counseled not to knee jerk for a year, but if the right opportunity were to arise I could fold up the tent and go.

I had a serious illness and the Covid shutdown that pretty much forced me into retirement, or I would still be working. I am probably the only person on this forum that looks forward to the one day of the week I spend mowing my yard and the yards of 2 widows in our neighborhood. I mow using a riding mower, but can not do the trimming as I use a walker and wheel chair for mobility. For me, retirement is no fun at all, and I would trade it for being a ditch digger, or a farm laborer in a heart beat if I were able.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 06-25-2023 at 03:55 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I had a serious illness and the Covid shutdown that pretty much forced me into retirement, or I would still be working. I am probably the only person on this forum that looks forward to the one day of the week I spend mowing my yard and the yards of 2 widows in our neighborhood. I mow using a riding mower, but can not do the trimming as I use a walker and wheel chair for mobility. For me, retirement is no fun at all, and I would trade it for being a ditch digger, or a farm laborer in a heart beat if I were able.
    Sorry Dan, I had no idea! You’ve reached out to me through all of what I’m going through, and all the while you have your own challenges… God bless you sir!!

Thanks for the kind thought. My illness happened in the winter of 18 and it took me till the spring of 19 to pretty much recover. I do not have any life threatening issues right now, and the mobility issues are aggravating as heck for a person that was as strong as a young ox, and could walk 20 miles a day with no problem. I really miss the capability to do those things, but as I said nothing life threatening, just aggravating.
    seeya
    dan

Favorite Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt, Sherbet, Sorbet?

What is yours?

Mine is Fresh Peach Ice Cream, but it has to be made by Graeter's Ice Cream in Cincinnati. They only make it when the peaches are being harvested so it is a short run product. Every year I drive the 167 miles to their store in Lexington KY, with my cooler of dry ice to purchase 28 quarts of their latest vintage. We finished off the last quart from 2022 a month and a half ago and are patiently waiting for the next run.

I do not own stock in their company so this is just a friendly advertisement. They make the best ice cream in the country but only market it within a 5 hour drive of the plant in Cincy. Here are the locations if you want to check them out.

Columbus, OH
    Cleveland, OH
    Dayton, OH
    Ft Mitchell, KY
    Ft Thomas , KY
    Cincy Airport drive, KY
    Oxford, OH
    Pittsburgh, OH
    Louisville, KY
    Lexington, KY
    Indianapolis, IN.
    seeya
    dan

That is good ice cream.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

We get the Peach Ice Cream from United Dairy Farmers. It is good but I’ll always prefer cherry cordial, strawberry or chocolate.

I actually wish someone made neopolitan ice cream but without the vanilla section.

Last Post Wins

What is yours?

Mine is Fresh Peach Ice Cream, but it has to be made by Graeter's Ice Cream in Cincinnati. They only make it when the peaches are being harvested so it is a short run product. Every year I drive the 167 miles to their store in Lexington KY, with my cooler of dry ice to purchase 28 quarts of their latest vintage. We finished off the last quart from 2022 a month and a half ago and are patiently waiting for the next run.

I do not own stock in their company so this is just a friendly advertisement. They make the best ice cream in the country but only market it within a 5 hour drive of the plant in Cincy. Here are the locations if you want to check them out.

Columbus, OH
    Cleveland, OH
    Dayton, OH
    Ft Mitchell, KY
    Ft Thomas , KY
    Cincy Airport drive, KY
    Oxford, OH
    Pittsburgh, OH
    Louisville, KY
    Lexington, KY
    Indianapolis, IN.
    New Albany, IN.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    New Albany, IN.

Thanks. They do not have that store listed on their website. Are you a fan of theirs?
    seeya
    dan

What is yours?

Columbus, OH
    Cleveland, OH
    Dayton, OH
    Ft Mitchell, KY
    Ft Thomas , KY
    Cincy Airport drive, KY
    Oxford, OH
    Pittsburgh, OH
    Louisville, KY
    Lexington, KY
    Indianapolis, IN.
    Graeters is my favorite, and one of the things I miss about no longer living in Louisville--but probably better for my waistline. My favorite is Brown Butter Bourbon Pecan, but their Coconut Chocolate Chip is a close 2nd.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Dan, you probably intentionally left out Cincinnati since that's where they're from, but wanted to mention that you can't swing a dead cat without hitting one. They have 18 Cincinnati locations, per their website. Beechmont Avenue one is the one closest to where I stay (with grandkids) when I'm there.

Nope, it was unintentional. Thanks for chipping in. I recommend a stop there when you have a chance if you tolerate Ice Cream. They have a blue million different flavors, and I have never found a bad one. When I was working, I had to spend a lot of time in the Columbus area, and Graeters was the only thing that made those visits tolerable.
    seeya
    dan

We've been so busy with things when we have been there, but both S-I-L and his Dad have sung their praises as well. His Dad is from Pennsylvania, and thinks Graeter's hung the moon. Next visit there is in a couple of weeks, and hope to have it on the to do list, even though it will be another quick hitter not there for too long.

Last Post Wins

Thanks. They do not have that store listed on their website. Are you a fan of theirs?
    It’s located next to my favorite hot wings place, Cluckers. Ice cream on top of Buffalo sauce isn’t ideal, but yet, I often times find myself doing both.

Last Post Wins

Might need the ice cream to cool off the Buffalo!

A loving family from 1928

IMG_4950.jpg

Not exactly Leave It To Beaver.

Rupp's Runt

8u softball:

3rd tournament in row canceled due to lack of teams....ugh...At least next weekend looks positive.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Not exactly Leave It To Bea"ver.
    "You were a little Beaver last night Ward".