Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 139 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Starting to look a lot like Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did it snow on your tree?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Did it snow on your tree?

Ms. boss, has the house all dolled up inside, and the tree is finished being adorned.

We traditionally put up the Christmas decor Thanksgiving weekend, while I got the outside lights and wreaths up, Ms. boss has been under the weather and was unable to do much.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    What does Festivus look like? An aluminum pole?
    Probably why no one ever says it.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

What does Festivus look like? An aluminum pole?
    No, that’s what Minardi Hall looks like.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

You win.

No, that’s what Minardi Hall looks like.

Last Post Wins

Typical late autumn weather here in the Ohio River Valley. Cold, damp, cloudy/dreary.

I don’t think I’ve seen the sun in a week.

Last Post Wins

Sun?

This afternoon view from my hotel balcony (Daphne, Alabama).

Sun can't penetrate that pea soup.

Been foggy as heck here for a couple of days. It's like being in London but without the great pubs and bad food.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

On the street you turn off of to get to where I grew up in Mobile, Alabama.

Last Post Wins

On the street you turn off of to get to where I grew up in Mobile, Alabama.
    See anybody you know on their way in or out?

Lots of hairless babies everywhere.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Lots of hairless babies everywhere.
    You'd think the 27 he had with his wife would be enough.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Maury Povich, loitering outside handing out business cards…

I just had the privilege to read a letter a young man wrote home on July 3, 1943 while he was serving in the army.

I also got to hold the Purple Heart he received because he was killed in action on July 11, just 8 days after he wrote the letter. The folded and framed flag that was on his coffin is part of the collection too.

The letter is pretty humbling to read, especially when itsays "Don't worry Dad I no you back there in the USA will do all in your power to help win the war." "don't worry about us boys just help on making us bullets and planes etc and we will do our share and we will have victory."

"tomorrow is the 4th of July. We always had our grain in the barn on that day."

He said he had promised to send his mom a picture, but he didn't know where to get one taken.

There is a framed photo with the collection, probably from before he went overseas.

On one hand, it really neat, but so sad too.

It's just hard to read

he

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I just had the privilege to read a letter a young man wrote home on July 3, 1943 while he was serving in the army.

I also got to hold the Purple Heart he received because he was killed in action on July 11, just 8 days after he wrote the letter. The folded and framed flag that was on his coffin is part of the collection too.

The letter is pretty humbling to read, especially when itsays "Don't worry Dad I no you back there in the USA will do all in your power to help win the war." "don't worry about us boys just help on making us bullets and planes etc and we will do our share and we will have victory."

"tomorrow is the 4th of July. We always had our grain in the barn on that day."

He said he had promised to send his mom a picture, but he didn't know where to get one taken.

There is a framed photo with the collection, probably from before he went overseas.

On one hand, it really neat, but so sad too.

It's just hard to read

he
    Touching, inspiring, sad, and amazing story all in one.

Last Post Wins

As the end of the year looms, it should be noted, the year has flown by…for me.

I know I have no life, but I was just researching a Civil War soldier and found that his death occurred when he burned to death in a house fire three days after Christmas in 1899. How agonizing must that have been.

He was 70 years old and left a wife and 10! kids behind.

All his birth records show he was born “on the Atlantic Ocean” as his parents came to the U.S. He and his other survived thst adventurous birth process.

Finding the story of the fire images me sad to end the night

Last Post Wins

Damn!!!!

Interesting.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Double damn!!

Wasn’t the last post, but I think I have the record for length of time between posts.

Too bad the title isn’t longest time between posts.

Last Post Wins

Nope. Gotta be like Kansas and just run out of time.

In honor of our 35 degree day here in our fair Commonwealth:

Capture 3-13-23.jpg
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    In honor of our 35 degree day here in our fair Commonwealth:

Capture 3-13-23.jpg
    Perfect

Technically we're between Spring of Deception and Third Winter.

All natives know that Third Winter can strike at any time up to and including Derby Weekend. then it's gone. If you can make it past Derby weekend you're OK.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Technically we're between Spring of Deception and Third Winter.

All natives know that Third Winter can strike at any time up to and including Derby Weekend. then it's gone. If you can make it past Derby weekend you're OK.
    Good point, we had a freeze warning last night and another tonight… local weather guys are throwing the “don’t plant until derby” phrase around holiday greetings.

My 38 years of working in retail agri business, taught me to follow the date of Easter. Weather is never settled until after Easter. Once Easter passes then spring becomes normal for Kentucky. So we still have several days of goofy weather. It might snow 6 inches next week, or it could be 75 degrees and windy as heck at that same time. Just wait for Easter and then the weather will become normal.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

I recall a derby weekend with sleet and snow. Probably somewhere around late 80’s. In fact, it’s a long story, but I had ran out of gas at 0200 derby eve and it was sleeting and snowing, I pulled up slightly on the sidewalk to get off of busy road, and then one of Louisville’s finest pulled in behind me with the blues going.

It turned out ok….

I recall a derby weekend with sleet and snow. Probably somewhere around late 80’s. In fact, it’s a long story, but I had ran out of gas at 0200 derby eve and it was sleeting and snowing, I pulled up slightly on the sidewalk to get off of busy road, and then one of Louisville’s finest pulled in behind me with the blues going.

It turned out ok….

I remember that one well. Some friends were going to the infield and a buddy and I both said no b/c the weather looked so bad. We hung out at a Derby party here in LExington and watched for our frozen friends on TV. They were covered in sleet and ice.

Easter is usually the time, but it has gone as late as Derby. I've never in all these years seen any winter past Derby, so that seems safe.