Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 137 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Cool feed. Some funny ones in there.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

The French drain in between my house and garage that was supposed to be installed last spring, finally got put in this week.

Since it’s now the dry season, I have to water twice a day for the next 2-3 weeks to get the grass to grow, right before it’s goes dormant for the winter.

Muddy mess…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I read something about Florida having its first congressional elections this fall for the new congressional districts it got after the 2020 census, and it got me curious about where it was in 1960.

Answer: Florida had the same number of electoral votes as...Kentucky:

Capture 9-27-22.jpg

https://www.jfklibrary.org/sites/def...th%20Chart.jpg

Air conditioning is a great thing.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 09-27-2022 at 03:17 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I will have to find it, but it was a poll to rank the greatest inventions in human history. It was by Americans.

Needless to say voters in the south voted for air conditioning really hard. It came in well over some pretty important things like air flight, etc. lol.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

French drain installation completed, rigorous watering campaign is starting to yield grass just ahead of potential first frost tonight.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Two words: Astro turf.

or is it just one word? Astroturf.

Either way, think plastic.

Last Post Wins

Cold start today in the upper 30’s, going to be close to 80 on Tuesday.

My new grass dodged a possible freeze.

Last Post Wins

Toes are cold. Thinking about taking a midnight shower to warm up.

Last Post Wins

We’ve been through close to freezing for lows along with snow showers, with highs in the 40’s.

Now we’re looking at rising temps, highs in the upper 70’s and low 80’s this weekend.

…got my flu shot.

Had the final Covid booster and flue shot first of thiis month. Found out yesterday that my plans for a pneumonia shot were unnecessary. I was told that I had gotten both pneumonia vaccines and I was set for the rest of my life. I thought, wow how cool is that.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

This month has flown by…

Number of days exercised in October through 23 days: -0-

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Number of days exercised in October through 23 days: -0-
    The extent of my exercise has been physical therapy/ torture for the shoulder. Obviously a lot of upper body resistance stuff…now all I need to do is add cardio, and quit buy ice cream and cookies.

Last Post Wins

It's not an excuse, but I have been traveling every week for 1-2 days minumum since late August, had my FIL visiting all last week (Bham to Jackson Saturday, then to New Orleans and back to Bham Sunday) and just trying to do some work in between.

I'm going to start back walking and get back to slow jogging but trying to increase distance, rather than time.

Oh... I have gained 5.2 pounds, too.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    It's not an excuse, but I have been traveling every week for 1-2 days minumum since late August, had my FIL visiting all last week (Bham to Jackson Saturday, then to New Orleans and back to Bham Sunday) and just trying to do some work in between.

I'm going to start back walking and get back to slow jogging but trying to increase distance, rather than time.

Oh... I have gained 5.2 pounds, too.
    Me too (5lbs)

Last Post Wins

Got another good deal on a Hertz rental car yesterday.

One day, all taxes and charges included, $43.84.

544 miles driven, 40.4 mpg the entire trip.

13 gallons of gas purchased. 2022 Nissan Altima used regular gas, which I got at $3.199.

My car is a SUV that uses premium gas only and is 17.5 mpg on highway at the same speed. Gas price is usually about $0.80 per gallon higher.

Rough math, I would have used 31 gallons at $4 per gallon (likely more) for $124 in gas.

Actual gas cost was $41.60.

I saved $82.40 in gas cost. Forget 544 more miles on my car, wear and tear, tires, etc.

Now, I do enjoy driving my car more, usually. But for Q quick trip up and down the interstate?

Paid me to rent a car.

Last Post Wins

The war on leaves has officially started. I expect the campaign to last past November and into December.

I have two large maples, and I am surrounded by old growth oaks.

One maple is at 50%, the other is still summer green.

Oaks are oaks… they’ll be dropping through December, unless we get a big blow.

Pretty good line moving through today, should wipe out the maple and jump start three or four oaks.

Customer calls 911 over "pink" barbecue:

https://www.newsobserver.com/living/...268178227.html

(It's supposed to be pink--smoke ring and all that.)
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

What a crazy story. I'm surprised the woman even doubled down on her position, agreeing to an interview. What a nut.

Last Post Wins

https://clydecoopersbbq.com/menus

Good looking BBQ menu… now I have a reason to go to Raleigh… get me some of that pink bbq.

Last edited by blueboss; 11-04-2022 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    https://clydecoopersbbq.com/menus

Good looking BBQ menu… now I have a reason to go to Raleigh… get me some of that pink bbq.

This from a frequent NC visitor, their barbcue is nothing to write home about if one is used to KY, AL, KS, or TX cue. Do not try to order a side of slaw in NC. They will look at you like you had 2 heads and say, a side of slaw with a very quizzical look on their face. If you say yes they will nod and turn away. Whey you get your order, their is a catsup cup full of slaw on your tray. The only way they serve slaw in NC is ON the sandwich, and most places do not sell it without it being on a bun.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Before and after headlight restoration on my wife's 2009 Honda Odyssey. Pretty pleased with that today.

Professionally done or do it yourself? I need to erase 170,000 miles worth of bugs and dust specks. Just have not jumped into the fire to give it a try
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

I spent about an hour this afternoon doing it myself, Dan. You know it's foolproof if I can do it by hand, no tools.

I'm sure there are many products that will work, but this is what I used.

SYLVANIA - Headlight Restoration Kit - 3 Easy Steps to Restore Sun Damaged Headlights With Exclusive UV Block Clear Coat, Light Output and Beam Pattern Restored, Long Lasting Protection https://a.co/d/cv4inZc
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 11-11-2022 at 04:51 PM.

Last Post Wins

I will be repeating it on my daughter's CRV and my SUV too, but this needed it badly, so I thought I would try with it first.

Thanks Darrell. Do you recall how many different grits of sandpaper you used?
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Dan, I actually got the full kit and it came with everything, including the sandpaper. But they used wet 400, 1000 and 2000 for the 3 steps for each.

The steps were pretty simple.

First clean and dry the Headlight. Then spray on the activator for 30 seconds, rinse off. Then the 3 grits of sandpaper, wetting liberally, 5 minutes for each. Then rubbing compound for 5 minutes, rinse and dried. Then activator again, same thing. Rinse off, dry. Then apply clear coat.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 11-11-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks again.
    seeya
    dan

They look amazing.

Pretty snow this morning. I actually kind of like snow when it’s warm enough to melt off the roads but cold enough to stay a little while on the trees and grass.
    changing my signature to change our luck.