Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 130 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Stray cats roaming all over, setting my security cameras off all night. I called the city to come and do whatever. Their plan is to catch them spay/neuter them then release them back where they caught them. Then the weather got too cold at night so they cancelled their scheduled trap setting. Now they have to wait until they have a scheduled surgery day before they’ll come to set traps which is now in March or April.

The other thing that is worrisome, I’ve started seeing not only the usual 4/5 different cats, now I’m seeing kittens on the camera footage. I’m not an animal hater, but I would much rather have birds, squirrels, rabbits, coons, and other wild animals than cats. Cats are using flower beds and landscaped areas for litter boxes. Sure the squirrels dig and make a mess to bury their nuts and such, but that’s a lot better than cat $*%#t.

I’m thinking of starting either my own trapping plan and dropping them off at the humane society or somewhere else. I’d rather not go the feeding route (and what I would feed them would ensure they won’t come back). Or alternative trapping methods with the same result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 02-13-2022 at 09:48 AM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Last Post Wins

spaying and neutering then releasing, esp. the females, actually does work to reduce populations, but is obviously more cumbersome and takes longer to make an impact.

Would be a question of what the local humane society type place would take, or if you could trap them and take them to the city yourself. Some may take feral animals, most I don't think will do it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Would be good day to fly a kite.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Would be good day to fly a kite.
    Or spay or neuter some stray cats.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

With as windy as it is today you could probably fly them away if you had enough kites.

Last Post Wins

With as windy as it is today you could probably fly them away if you had enough kites.
    I’m thinking of floating them away….

Last Post Wins

Spent some time down in the basement late this afternoon with my wife, daughter and two cats wearing helmets. Okay, the cats weren't wearing helmets. I guess I worded that funny. But I'm surprised they weren't. Fortunately, no tornado.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Spent some time down in the basement late this afternoon with my wife, daughter and two cats wearing helmets. Okay, the cats weren't wearing helmets. I guess I worded that funny. But I'm surprised they weren't. Fortunately, no tornado.
    Ok, so now I have this mental picture of you all sitting around wearing a collection of different random old football helmets.

My visual was cats in bike helmets

One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Read a report where the damage hit the Leeds community
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    It did. Same highway I'm on, but maybe 15 miles down that road. Also same road where the tornado hit last year, but much closer to me.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Hope all the good people of Leeds and their cats all had helmets on.

Cats in helmets.

First, that's great, I needed a chuckle.

Second, you know there are cat owners who are doing this in storms. With matching little outfits on them. making the cats completely suicidal.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Last Post Wins

Daggone winter still hanging on. Classic Ohio River Vally weather 35-40 degrees and rain.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Cats in helmets.

First, that's great, I needed a chuckle.

Second, you know there are cat owners who are doing this in storms. With matching little outfits on them. making the cats completely suicidal.
    So, put those miner helmets with the lights on the cats, only replace the miner light with lasers…sit back and watch, countless hours of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    So, put those miner helmets with the lights on the cats, only replace the miner light with lasers…sit back and watch, countless hours of fun.

OMG I'm taking this week off work to build a cat self wearing laser. I'm sure they have one already though.

For the truly lazy cat owner. It's lazy enough when you just use that laser light (I know, I've done it), but this is really deviously couch-potato.

Last Post Wins

Just griping here. It was a tough week or last 10 days as my wife and daughter both got infected. I was lucky or unlucky to stay out of it. Very fortunate that it was mild for my wife’s case and almost nothing for my 4-year-old but wife got it first and my girl got it a few days later and it required me a whole week to deal with it segregating everything. It was just tough for me to be alone, negative and stay away while taking care of them in our household. I just couldn’t do any for my job. My business inbox just exploded as I had been away from my laptop for a week or so. Exhausting to read all the emails I received but that is nothing much to compare with the situation for those in Ukraine. I’d rather be happy to take care of my fam in sick than leaving them in a situation like Ukraine. My heart goes out for them in there. God bless and hope peace to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by ribbonfish View Post
    Just griping here. It was a tough week or last 10 days as my wife and daughter both got infected. I was lucky or unlucky to stay out of it. Very fortunate that it was mild for my wife’s case and almost nothing for my 4-year-old but wife got it first and my girl got it a few days later and it required me a whole week to deal with it segregating everything. It was just tough for me to be alone, negative and stay away while taking care of them in our household. I just couldn’t do any for my job. My business inbox just exploded as I had been away from my laptop for a week or so. Exhausting to read all the emails I received but that is nothing much to compare with the situation for those in Ukraine. I’d rather be happy to take care of my fam in sick than leaving them in a situation like Ukraine. My heart goes out for them in there. God bless and hope peace to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Glad to hear your wife and daughter were not any worse than that. Completely understand your feelings.

Last Post Wins

Crazy days.

Hang in there ribbonfish! The worm will turn.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Tomorrow’s forecast is for sun and 75°. Rain Sunday and Monday. Guess I’d better fertilize tomorrow so I’ll have something to do this summer.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Tomorrow’s forecast is for sun and 75°. Rain Sunday and Monday. Guess I’d better fertilize tomorrow so I’ll have something to do this summer.
    Oh, good idea.

You be careful, 'ear me?

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by IkeCat View Post
    You be careful, 'ear me?
    Damn! Nobody forgets nuth’n around “ear”

Have you ever made it to Rupp? (seriously )

Last edited by blueboss; 03-05-2022 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Damn! Nobody forgets nuth’n around “ear”

Have you ever made it to Rupp? (seriously )

Nope, afraid those are days gone by...old and have become a hermit on the hill...not a bad thing when you live in the country though. Road trips just ain't like they used to be
    Last edited by IkeCat; 03-06-2022 at 12:27 AM.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by IkeCat View Post
    Nope, afraid those are days gone by...old and have become a hermit on the hill...not a bad thing when you live in the country though. Road trips just ain't like they used to be
    Let me know next year, I’ll see if we can’t scrounge up a pair of tickets for you and the Mrs.

Thanks!

EFE68898-78F8-431C-8373-B6DCC94AB7B4.jpg

We've actually entered Third Winter, I'm afraid.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

51 right now but snowmaggedon returns tonight. Must be third winter.