Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 13 of 150 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Post Wins

Re: Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Love this unproductive time. And I'm almost caught up reading WildcatChat, which makes it worse.
    I hate it when I'm stuck like that and run out of stuff to read here. I rely on this place to take me away from that frustration.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Almost no wind here during the event boss. We have a 7" tall plank privacy fence around the property and the snow is piled up 8 inches or more on top of the 2x4 nailer at the top of the fence, Not sure I have ever seen anything like it. Officially measured snowfall on my patio is 14.5 inches
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Jeez Dan, you guys got the full ride. I bet lexington ends up around 8 inches or so.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Yep. To make it even more fun, I need to shovel the driveway tomorrow, but I am not sure what I am going to do with the 3 feet of snow that the road grader deposited at the end of my drive when they plowed the street this morning. Told my wife I was just going to ram thru it with the truck and she said you are crazy, and I just nodded and said yup.
    seeya
    dan

Bombino

we are getting it pretty good here in the middle of nowhere Virginia. got around 8-10 inches of snow followed by nice freezing rain, then they are calling for another 5-8 inches tonight.

radcliff and Fort Knox measures seven inches or so total on te ground. Been a very very windy ride though so that may be conservative.

All in all, 'taint nuttin' to a mountain man

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    and she said you are crazy, and I just nodded and said yup.
    She wasn't well aware of that long ago?

Besides what wife doesn't think her husband is crazy?

Craziness, here at the Bullitt/Jefferson line at SR61 my neighbor up the street (250yds) got 4" and we got 6". Over closer to the golf course 2.5" all within a 1/4 of a mile range.

Oh and by the way,my wife seized the opportunity to have me start remodeling the bathroom in the master bedroom. She just enjoys my crazy and goes along with it...shw is ate up with it a bit herself!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Huge drifts are on the North side of everything. Can't recall seeing that before

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

I just finished moving 8.325 tons of snow off my driveway and sidewalk with a freaking snow shovel. 2nd winter in a row I have had to shovel mass quantities of snow. This is not supposed to happen in southern KY.
    seeya
    dan

My daughter just got back from the golf course. It is cold, though.

All this sunshine and melting are going to make for a fine, thick sheet of ice after the sun goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    All this sunshine and melting are going to make for a fine, thick sheet of ice after the sun goes down.
    Already getting slick out there, and will get bad with temps heading near or into single digits.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Daughter is all bummed. The Diocese locally just canceled the March for Life trip they had going to D. C. because of the snow. They were leaving in a couple of hours, and she was going. Very unhappy.
    A bus load of kids (37 students, 10 chaperone) from Owensboro Catholic on their way back to their hotel from the March For Life got stuck on the Pennsylvania Turnpike for 19 hours after two semis jackknifed in right in front of them.

They said their bus was heated, and they had plenty of food and water and a bathroom.

Ironically they were trapped only one exit away from where their hotel was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I can't post this anywhere on social media cause the parents haven't announced yet, but I'm a PAPAW again!!! 1159pm last night, outside Atlanta, my step daughter had their first child, a beautiful, healthy little girl, 8lbs 13 oz. 13 hour labor!!
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Congratulations, great news!

Brother in law from Purcellville, Va said they got 3-1/2 feet of snow. He said thank God for snowblowers.

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    I can't post this anywhere on social media cause the parents haven't announced yet, but I'm a PAPAW again!!! 1159pm last night, outside Atlanta, my step daughter had their first child, a beautiful, healthy little girl, 8lbs 13 oz. 13 hour labor!!
    What a blessing! Congrats.

Thanks guys. They posted on FB finally so the news is officially out
    Attachment 5276Attachment 5277

A beautiful young lady and a beautiful baby girl. The joy is apparent

Sometimes I get introspective....Attachment 5278

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    Congrats! Great news!

Antidisestablishmentarianism was the longest word in the world when I was a kid. Now they just start making up words to be the longest
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Antidisestablishmentarianism was the longest word in the world when I was a kid. Now they just start making up words to be the longest
    Is the cheetah still the fastest land animal?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Is the cheetah still the fastest land animal?

Should I still fake my orgasms? (Bonus if you know the original reference for that response, confident many on here get it)

New blog post is up for Blue Vines Photography http://bluevinesphotography.com/what...&element=14225

Last Post Wins

Howdy boys!

Fun facts

Q. What were those funny looking turn signals called semaphores?

Volkswagen did not introduce flashing turn signals on the Beetles until the 1955 model year and it was primarily because of an American requirement. Prior to this time, the Beetle used a type of non flashing turn signal called the Semaphore, which was essentially a finger shaped object that was lighted thru an amber/yellow colored lens. The Semaphore popped out the “B” pillar on either the left or right side of the car. Semaphore Turn Signals were what was prevalently used throughout Europe. Volkswagen continued to offer the Semaphore Turn Signal on Beetles and Type 2s (primarily in European markets) through the early 1960s.

http://www.airheadparts.com/standard...roduction-info
    seeya
    dan

Twiddle-Dee and Teiddle-Dum or Dumb and Dumber?

Fun facts

Q. What were those funny looking turn signals called semaphores?

Volkswagen did not introduce flashing turn signals on the Beetles until the 1955 model year and it was primarily because of an American requirement. Prior to this time, the Beetle used a type of non flashing turn signal called the Semaphore, which was essentially a finger shaped object that was lighted thru an amber/yellow colored lens. The Semaphore popped out the “B” pillar on either the left or right side of the car. Semaphore Turn Signals were what was prevalently used throughout Europe. Volkswagen continued to offer the Semaphore Turn Signal on Beetles and Type 2s (primarily in European markets) through the early 1960s.

http://www.airheadparts.com/standard...roduction-info
    And you can't find "blinker fluid" anywhere these days.