Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 128 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 4480

Thread: Last Post Wins

Last Post Wins

Today's weather in Birmingham. Thankfully, nothing severe, but check out the temperature difference...

Re: Last Post Wins

Same here. It’s supposed to go from 69° to 29° tonight in Louisville. It’s already down to 45°.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last Post Wins

Currently 42 in Nalbany, with gusty winds. Late next week back in high 60’s and low 70’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I'm enjoying a day off today celebrating "Alabama Day."

Who knew this was a holiday? I didn't. (I'm also not enjoying a day off today).

Alabama Day is a holiday celebrated each year on December 14. It commemorates Alabama's admission to the Union as the 22nd state on December 14, 1819. As far as I know, it has no other significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I'm enjoying a day off today celebrating "Alabama Day."

Who knew this was a holiday? I didn't. (I'm also not enjoying a day off today).

Alabama Day is a holiday celebrated each year on December 14. It commemorates Alabama's admission to the Union as the 22nd state on December 14, 1819. As far as I know, it has no other significance.
    Did you at least play some mountain music?

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    That comes from the heart?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

At least make a pilgrimage to Muscle Shoals?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    At least make a pilgrimage to Muscle Shoals?
    There’s an idea…

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Speaking of weather...

Elkhart, Kansas today...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1471203794641997826

Those are some seriously nasty wind/dust photos.
    seeya
    dan

Last Post Wins

Speaking of weather...

Elkhart, Kansas today...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1471203794641997826
    Toto, we’re still in Kansas.

Last Post Wins

I struggle with dirt and grass allergies, and I'm allergic to practically every tree on the planet. My neighbor is burning leaves today, and it's nearly unbearable for me to walk outside. Anyway, if I lived in Kansas there I guess I'd just wear a mask and goggles year round, even in my car as it always gets in.

Last Post Wins

I struggle with dirt and grass allergies, and I'm allergic to practically every tree on the planet. My neighbor is burning leaves today, and it's nearly unbearable for me to walk outside. Anyway, if I lived in Kansas there I guess I'd just wear a mask and goggles year round, even in my car as it always gets in.
    So, now I guess you’re saying you’re not going to be able to swing buy and help with leaf mulching.

Only a couple of more sessions left.

Last Post Wins

Woke up yesterday morning. Took my phone into the bathroom and placed it on the counter on top of a washcloth. It slid off and hit the floor. I thought it was fine, and it landed squarely on the back, but unfortunately, it broke the LCD inside and it turned to Black.

I actually had my eye on a very reasonably priced upgrade and ordered it from the company, but they said it would take a week to get here. So I called my guy, and nobody has OnePlus LCDs, digitizers, screens, etc. in stock, and they're always like $150-180 or more to replace. Told him that I had one ordered, didn't know if it was worth it to replace, he said he'd do it for $100.

Fed Ex'd the part, met him at the store today at 12, at 12:30 I had a "new" phone.

FWIW, my ordered phone has not shipped yet. With supply chain being what it is, I felt like I needed a backup plan.

Last Post Wins

It sure did.

Working well now, though. Will put in gel packing or something if I ever get my new phone. I do not like being without a phone!

They make these beautiful, sleek, design conscious phones, which any sane person immediately puts in a much larger, less sleek, protective case. The phone companies know you do this, but still design sleek but incredibly fragile phones and then you put them in a case. They could build them to mil spec IP56 etc., but don't, then you surround them in the ugly (or less pretty) case to bring them to some level of mil spec.

It's a funny world really.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    They make these beautiful, sleek, design conscious phones, which any sane person immediately puts in a much larger, less sleek, protective case. The phone companies know you do this, but still design sleek but incredibly fragile phones and then you put them in a case. They could build them to mil spec IP56 etc., but don't, then you surround them in the ugly (or less pretty) case to bring them to some level of mil spec.

It's a funny world really.
    lol...Yeah, I know.

Twice I had a good case on it. But the first time, I left it in the road for two hours, and it was run over (no kidding). We went out to eat, and I had cleaned my floormats, and absent-mindedly placed them on the top of the car. We started driving, and I heard a thump, got out, saw the floormats, and jogged back. I was wearing a "hoodie," and had my phone in the pouch. When I leaned over to pick up the floormats, I guess it fell out.

Went to eat, sitting at dinner, and wondered where I left my phone. Got home, used the "find my phone" thing from Google, and saw it down the street from the house. Got a flashlight out, went searching, found it. Smashed to smithereens, run over, but somehow, repairable by "my guy," good as new. I think he charged me $180 for that one.

The 2nd one I had a good case on it, too. I went out to eat (notice a pattern here), and was getting out of the car, and the phone slipped and hit the pavement. No problem, but in the dark, I stepped to reach it, and put my 220 pound foot squarely on top of it. Smashed the screen/LCD, I guess.

After I replaced that, I took off the "good" case, and went with a thin carbon fiber case that offered less protection but looked cool and was as thin as a playing card. It did ok, until I dropped the phone squarely on the back. It offered zero protection for that...the other cases would have saved it.

I'm wrapping the next one in bubble wrap and only taking it out to place calls. Or buying a 1990's bag phone or Motorola brick. Those were damn indestructable.

Bag phones were great. Not very portable, but they worked great and and sat neatly on the transmission tunnel in front of the bench seat in my pickup.
    seeya
    dan

At 10:59 happy solstice!

Woke up this morning with a sinus headache. Per my allergy doctor, I now take Flonase and Zyrtec daily, year round, which I hate. Sinus rinse with saline helps a little with the pressure, but days like today are just miserable.

I pound some caffeine in me in the morning and that sometimes helps--hasn't today.

Bombino

When its your time to go, it is your time to go: Driver dies after his involvement in three crashes near Lake Samish

Sounds like some kind of crazy Final Destination stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    When its your time to go, it is your time to go: Driver dies after his involvement in three crashes near Lake Samish
    Man, whatever he did to piss off the Good Lord, it must have been something.

Could be that the Almighty is a bit rusty at smiting things though, thus the first couple of grazing shots until he got the guy.

Wow. That's just crazy. I have to wonder if there's a voodoo doll out there with his name on it.

Last Post Wins

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Sounds like he bit on the slider, and then took a swing at the breaking ball on the outside corner, then in the end, it was the fastball that got him…

Louisville’s record high for Christmas Day is 69°. It’s supposed to be 70° this year.

Still cool here, but warming up. Looking forward to it getting a bit warmer so my son and I can go play golf.

He had the most expensive golf lesson Tuesday. Thought it was going to be $60 for the lesson--just sort of a quirky, fun thing part of his birthday present--and the golf pro said he needed new clubs because he's 6'4, and it's not just that he's that tall, it's that it's the way he's that tall. I didn't quite get that, but fortunately found a set of Ping irons on eBay that were the correct length and lie adjustment recommended. So I guess he had an extra-good birthday this year.

I won't be using that golf pro again...

Last Post Wins

I procrastinated this year… finished up this morning. Easy peazy…afterwards went to gift wrap, all done.

Getting six new windows. Not using one of those window companies, but the same small construction guy I use (it's a "company," but it's generally him, his Dad, and workers he needs, as he needs.) They ordered the windows today. There's a 15-week backlog on it. Wanted to have better windows for the winter.

I will, but just not this year's winter.